Rick and Morty

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its a Paul Robertson animation, that pretty much sums it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Decent return episode. There were a few enjoyable moments.
Mr. Nimbus is a freak, and time god's are pretty cool.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fun episode but I wonder if this continues, first it was Morty always losing and now Rick. Rick is supposed to be unstoppable, no one wants to see superman without his powers.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I heard something about superhero disguises the other day, and it was interesting.
At the core, all superhero's are someone. These people then disguise themselves to look like someone or something else. That is their superhero costume.
Superman is different. He's pretty much a fucking god. However, he disguises himself to look like us. And what does he see? Weak neurotic bitches that are afraid of everything. And that is why he made himself appear that way while in "Clark Kent" form.

Maybe Rick's failing thing is his disguise to make other people think he's just like them? People like Morty, Beth, Gery and Summer.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fun episode but I wonder if this continues, first it was Morty always losing and now Rick. Rick is supposed to be unstoppable, no one wants to see superman without his powers.

Morty lost a lot, he will never have Jessica.

I disagree, i want to see Superman taken down a peg, Beaten, then redeemed via Montage with lowe reset expectations, then just Super OP Destruction machine that destroyes teh new expectations.

What's wrong with me, I felt bad for the Stupid Narnia Dogs.

• 1Cringe

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The basic sitcom tropes with the wine I didn't like (just allergic to them after so long) but it was nice they built towards Morty going scorched earth with super science then causing an even bigger problem for him to deal with. Fits the themes of the show really well.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
For this episode, there are some parallels between this and Back to the Future 2.

Morty's girl he's after Jessica. Goes to the future (time differential thing) kinda. Gets lost and stuck there sleeping. Morty has to go and get her back after getting lost. Dealing with generations of the same family.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The show was super mediocre and had completely lost me and then brought it home in the last 5 minutes and made it somewhere on the OK/not bad/meh spectrum episode. Still felt like a lot of filler bits they had lying around and threw together to make an episode. Lots of repeatable lines we were spouting in conference calls today, though. I can't land on what I want to say even here, though. Thinking about it, I can say "meh"/"ok"/"not bad". I thought it was piss poor until the end, though.

-Agree with everyone else saying I don't watch to see Rick humbled. A time or two to remind us he's human is OK but they have been on a tear lately with that theme. They finished out last season on this note as well, IIRC. If they don't like Rick, we won't like Rick, which sucks because Rick is already such an unlikeable fuck that it will be easy to hate/stop caring about him AND THE SHOW if they don't try.

-Feels like show has already peaked right now. Not to say they don't have the most awesome two seasons lined up that will blow everyone's dicks off, which would be awesome, but this episode just felt like rehashed season 2.5 filler with a twist. That's great, except this was kind of tired, obvious and laughing at itself a bit too much. The funny bits were super funny but they felt like they were brainstormed for other episodes and then cut.

-there is a Whole rest of the season to watch, and for all I know they may be putting the weakest episode first to troll everyone.

-I only kept Hulu for CN and that shit is immediately cancelled. HBOMAX FOR FREE WITH UNLIMITED SIGNATURE ELITE WIRELESS ACCOUNTS, BITCHES.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It now occurs to me they didn't advance the double Beth plot that they ended the prior season on.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I heard something about superhero disguises the other day, and it was interesting.
At the core, all superhero's are someone. These people then disguise themselves to look like someone or something else. That is their superhero costume.
Superman is different. He's pretty much a fucking god. However, he disguises himself to look like us. And what does he see? Weak neurotic bitches that are afraid of everything. And that is why he made himself appear that way while in "Clark Kent" form.

Maybe Rick's failing thing is his disguise to make other people think he's just like them? People like Morty, Beth, Gery and Summer.

Apparently it was a reference to a movie My Dinner with Andre.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
First episode was okay, but I feel like it would've been much better if they edited out the parents and invested that time instead on Summer's side mission.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
After the Vat of Acide Episode my fan theory has been that some of the episodes don't depict the Rick and Morty that headline the show. They are Evil Morty stories. They show us how and why he went rogue one little nugget at a time.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont think i watched a lot of last season since it felt so off from other seasons. This episode kept my attention so will be waiting for next weeks episode

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I really liked the Morty plotline, but mr. Nimbus was pretty lame and that whole side just felt like a waste. Definitely would have replaced all the Jerry and Beth stuff with Summer.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was annoyed with nimbus in the beginning but he grew on me, definitely a batman/joker situation