Rick and Morty

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not to mention that not even 5 minutes earlier he burned her previous "children" to death just because he wanted to fuck more.
Morty was abducted into a closet and about to be eliminated when he found out she was going to be Takened to an Arab. They got what they deserved.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I watched Captain Planet back in the day. I wish the writers had revisited that series. What we got was a really superficial take on some of the tropes when it's so much crazier than that if you are willing to peel back a couple of layers. "Billionaire media tycoon Ted Turner helps create kids cartoon show and gently introduce them to themes of eugenics and population control" would have been such the better way to take the narrative than goofy Diesel Weasel and catch phrases.

It's not every episode that's completely bonkers but when you hit crazy you hit CRAZY.

Captain Planet: Did you know the population of the world is now more than 5 billion?
Ma-Ti: Wow. That is a lot of people!
Gi: And it's increasing by 90 million people each year.
Kwame: But the earth is not getting any bigger.
Linka: So when it is your turn to have a family...
Wheeler: Keep it small.
Captain Planet: The more people there are, the more pressure we put on our planet. So take it easy on our earth and conserve what you can. The power is yours!

This after we just watched an evil general turn a fucking doomsday weapon on a city of sentient mouse people and triggering a tsunami that was going to kill everyone.

Cybsled

Population bomb was a concern if numbers remained constant, but it seems that a certain socio-economic level of development, birth rates begin to drop on their own. Now you have lots of nations concerned about a population drop bomb because you need a young workforce to support the aging population. China is in full panic mode because of attempts to artificially engineer a solution

Keep in mind Captain Planet was early 90s and the observed population trends we see now didn’t manifest much more apparently until later

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I watched Captain Planet back in the day. I wish the writers had revisited that series. What we got was a really superficial take on some of the tropes when it's so much crazier than that if you are willing to peel back a couple of layers. "Billionaire media tycoon Ted Turner helps create kids cartoon show and gently introduce them to themes of eugenics and population control" would have been such the better way to take the narrative than goofy Diesel Weasel and catch phrases.

It's not every episode that's completely bonkers but when you hit crazy you hit CRAZY.

This after we just watched an evil general turn a fucking doomsday weapon on a city of sentient mouse people and triggering a tsunami that was going to kill everyone.
Real fuckin' rich of Kwame to chime in there about the planet not getting any larger...

• 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Sweet Sweet planetina poon. It's a story as old as the internet. Pretending to care about stupid shit to get into a chick's pants. I expect a future episode to be about the kid he had with her. Or have we already done the Morty Jr thing to death?

I like how the female version of Captain Planet didn't get to hold a military rank.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This season has got to be President Morty.
He keeps solving the problems while his Rick constantly fucks up and shows weakness.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I've decided I don't really find this show funny anymore.

But at the end of an episode, I still enjoyed it.

It's essentially become an absurd sci-fi show, but without much comedic aspect. Almost like a continual Love, Death and Robots. I'm just along for some shorts about some weird ass sci-fi thing that doesn't warrant more than 20 minutes.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Population bomb was a concern if numbers remained constant, but it seems that a certain socio-economic level of development, birth rates begin to drop on their own.
Are they dropping "on their own" or are they dropping due to social manipulation?

And how would you be able to tell the difference?

PS: The jews.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Are they dropping "on their own" or are they dropping due to social manipulation?

And how would you be able to tell the difference?

PS: The jews.
Well, a lot less babies are being eaten by dingos, so it's social manipulation in some degree or other. Whether it's the government having a 1 child program or just people telling other people how great it is to have few/no kids and enjoying their life in their 40's and 50's to themselves.

Cybsled

That is it in part, but there are also things like

1) People waiting to have kids
2) Ballooning costs of kids (school, daycare, etc)
3) Desire to maintain a certain standard of living/maintain financial stability requires 2 people working

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Setting aside China declining birth rates are easy to explain. It's just feminism. You starting sending women to college and adding them to the labor pool and the birth rate tanks. That's not necessarily a bad thing until you decide to import Africa to try and service your aging population and maintain the welfare state. You know, like Europe.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
A man with a high school education used to be able to purchase a house, a car and provide for a wife and multiple children. That isn't the case anymore for a variety of interesting reasons. Then there's the lie of government looking after you in your golden years as you wither away in some hellish care center staffed by people that consider you an inconvenience or even outright hate you.

As for the show, bring back some of the quality of that time loop episode please.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
A man with a high school education used to be able to purchase a house, a car and provide for a wife and multiple children. That isn't the case anymore for a variety of interesting reasons.

You're living in the last decade. That's turning back around. Too many of those college educated men got useless degrees while the high school graduates learned a trade.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Show used to hit very emotional levels maybe harmon and roland just somtimes connectining.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the list that I can think of.

1.) The Sarah Silverman Program
2.) Community (the best show)
3.) ???
4.) Rick and Morty

Ok, I'm at a loss for #3.
Acceptable tv and heat vision an jack is when i first stumbled on him, the shows crazy random shit was i think 2005 and sarah silverman show sucked. I was still in high school when i watched heat vision and jack

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Heat Vision and Jack is fantastic. We used to crack up at that shit when I was living in the college dorm.