Rick and Morty

Turgur_sl

shitlord
Is Morty's voice something I'm going to get used to? I am trying to get into this series but for the first two episodes his voice has driven me to turn it off.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think it grows on people, feels like they toned his voice down ovrr the series

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think Rick's constant stuttering and belching is way worse. The drool on his mouth really bothers me. That said, Justin Roiland is amazing.

Homsar

It bothered me at first but the burping, Drool, morty's name, and voices grew on me I guess

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I guess I stopped paying attention to them eventually. The drool/belching/ooooooh really killed the first episode I ever watched to a point we're I didn't think it was a good show. Going back, I'm not sure if they toned it down or I just got used to it because it's definitely one of my favorites now.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I think Rick's constant stuttering and belching is way worse.
I can't get my girlfriend into this show, because of that. She generally looks down on cartoons as adult entertainment, but Rick's noises push her over the edge. Le sigh.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My wife said the same thing, the drooling and belching got to her; and he does it a ton in the first episode. (As well as his Morty Tick). It does get reduced a significant amount midway through S1, and especially in S2 (In S2 he only pushes a few words through belches.)...So I started her off on S2 again, within a couple episodes she started to really enjoy it, and once she warmed up to the humor she didn't even noticed how he does it more in S1.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I can't get my girlfriend into this show, because of that. She generally looks down on cartoons as adult entertainment, but Rick's noises push her over the edge. Le sigh.
He's constantly drunk to numb the pain of his life/isolation/intelligence.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The repetitiveness of Rick saying "Morty" put me off the show during the first season, but I came back to it after the first few episodes of season 2. They cut back on the annoying dialogue pretty significantly after the first few episodes of season 1 it seems. It's become a show I enjoy a lot. The concepts they delve into are funny and cool.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because that's gonna sell a girl on watching something...
Start her with S2E3 to demonstrate the depth of his character and why he drinks so much and I bet she'll give him more leeway to experience other episodes. The wife enjoyed the show a bit before that, but that episode especially with the ending really pushed it over the edge to amongst her favorites now. [I think even beyond Futurama for her, which had been up there for her - heck, she normally HATES rewatching anything - and it's joined the hallowed halls of shows she will rewatch along with Always Sunny]

Homsar

If I have to sit through Walking Dead, BBT, True blood, Bachelor, Two and a half men Ect. my GF better handle some belching ect from Rick and Morty. Never ran into this issue yet. They all love R&M, South Park, futurama, Venture Bros, GoT, Mr Robot, Seinfeld

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user