Rickshaw Memorial thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Who was banned due to an "affront to a mod's personal morals/situation"? Who was banned due to a personal vendetta? Sounds like you're just making shit up.
Nobody,yet(although, Trollface's was borderline - due to a "moral" obligation you feel you have). However, that's exactly why we're debating this new "crackdown". The whole tough on crime trope that a few of you have trumped up, because of this fallacy that some posters are "out of hand".

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Nobody,yet(although, Trollface's was borderline - due to a "moral" obligation you feel you have). However, that's exactly why we're debating this new "crackdown". The whole tough on crime trope that a few of you have trumped up, because of this fallacy that some posters are "out of hand".
Just to be clear, Trollface was banned due to a pattern of posting over the line shit, mostly underage girls, and then posting a dead kid. Count it as gore, count it as dead people, whatever. He broke the rules, fuck him. Sure, I find it morally repugnant. Even more repugnant is people acting as if that behavior is ok, but whatever, I didn't ban every asshole who tried to come out in support of dead children, I only banned the guy who broke the rules. Repeatedly.

Debating the "crackdown" is perfectly legitimate but implying that Trollface didn't earn his medicine is not at all accurate.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
can you explain how you reconcile your distaste for dead babies with your love for abortion?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Just to be clear, Trollface was banned due to a pattern of posting over the line shit, mostly underage girls, and then posting a dead kid. Count it as gore, count it as dead people, whatever. He broke the rules, fuck him. Sure, I find it morally repugnant. Even more repugnant is people acting as if that behavior is ok, but whatever, I didn't ban every asshole who tried to come out in support of dead children, I only banned the guy who broke the rules. Repeatedly.

Debating the "crackdown" is perfectly legitimate but implying that Trollface didn't earn his medicine is not at all accurate.
Beautifully put.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't love abortion, bro. I love Reagan and Jesus.
I figured you to be more a Jimmy Carter kind of guy.

w1I6L7s.jpg

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I'm not going to cry over Trollface's ban, nobody is. However, it comes down to setting a precedent going forward. So, now the next time a mod doesn't like something you posted, doesn't morally agree with it, or just flat out doesn't like you, you've already set the table that this happens to "chronic shitposters". That this is just part of the new "crackdown on crime" going forward. However, let's be clear, the "chronic shitposters" are the people that particular mods just simply don't like dealing with, for a variety of reasons.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Trollface's most recent girls were absolutely not underraged (and fully clothed to boot). i don't know what he posted in the past, but that shouldn't make a difference now. theoretically, he's already served his time for any past transgressions.

request Chaos's title be changed to mod apologist.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So, now the next time a mod doesn't like something you posted, doesn't morally agree with it, or just flat out doesn't like you, you've already set the table that this happens to "chronic shitposters".
So how's that different than before or over on FoH with TBH? Nothing's changed that I see here, Tuco's still around to hug and kiss the fuck ups and occasionally fix Sean's latest spaz.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So how's that different than before or over on FoH with TBH? Nothing's changed that I see here, Tuco's still around to hug and kiss the fuck ups and occasionally fix Sean's latest spaz.
Because Tuco is literally the only thing holding this whole shitheap together? If you seriously want these forums to be run like NeoGaf, EJ, etc., by all means, keep supporting the mods' "right" to hand out bans like there's no tomorrow. The thing is, if I wanted these forums to be moderated that heavily, I'd just be over there.

khalid

Unelected Mod
We need to get a female mod. The level of hate Kirun would have for such a being would be incredible.