Riddick (2013)

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
I see. Mostly my opinion is just as a regular viewer who hasn't delved too deep into the story outside of the movies and that one animation. Sounds a lot better the way you describe it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The summary sounds more like a "Pitch Black" sequal over a Riddick sequal. If that is the plot point I am less inclined to watch this in theaters. I was all for continuing the story into the "Underverse" in the hopes of seeing this place discussed so much in chronicles. Just going to another planet infested by some sort of alien group using mercenaries as a shield while he beats them down feels like a "Riddick Light" movie.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Escape from Butcher bay & Dark Athena games on steam are pretty fun too. Butcher Bay every has X to the Z as a prison guard.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The summary sounds more like a "Pitch Black" sequal over a Riddick sequal. If that is the plot point I am less inclined to watch this in theaters. I was all for continuing the story into the "Underverse" in the hopes of seeing this place discussed so much in chronicles. Just going to another planet infested by some sort of alien group using mercenaries as a shield while he beats them down feels like a "Riddick Light" movie.
It says he starts there and returns to his home planet to save it. Sounds like they want to do a lot, which is usually the right idea for an action movie. If hes beating up aliens, being up bounty hunters, then beating up traitors then going back to his planet to kick more ass... well thats all an action movie really needs. Its really too early to tell how good the movie will be, and I won't make much judgement until the trailers come out.

I mean, look how fucking hard everyone hated on dredd, and then how wrong they were.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Why would he bother to save his home planet? He is the last living resident of it and he doesn't really spend much time there throughout his life. The Necromonger leader dude killed every Furyan who exists because of the prophecy of one of them being his downfall. Unless like I said before, they need to retcon the F out of the Necromongers because they were stupid and ruined any future storylines for the universe.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The Big Bad in the Underverse can only be defeated by an Alpha Furyan.

Necromonger leader becomes the first (and only) person to cross over to the Underverse. He's deceived by the Big Bad into believing the Furyans will kill him. So his people wipe out the Furyans.

Riddick takes over the Necromongers, leads them into the Underverse and they get their asses kicked.

He returns to Furya to discover a super Secret Weapon or magic (Mentioned in the Directors cut of Chronicles, during a dream). And defeats the Big Bad.

That was the original plan as I understand it. Chronicles didn't make a lot of money so 8 years later they are returning to what made them successful. Just my 2c

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Escape from Butcher bay & Dark Athena games on steam are pretty fun too. Butcher Bay every has X to the Z as a prison guard.
Yeah, I thought the Riddick games were pretty badass. Always wondered why they weren't more popular.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Best part of the first two movies was the pasty white boy/girl growing up to be a sexy female action star.

Anyway, I thought Chronicles was pretty dumb. Mostly because it took what seemed like a pretty cool story and turned into a lot of dumb action. I also hate it when sequels jam references from the previous movie down your throat. I feel like Chronicles did that a lot. It's been a while since I've seen it though.

I love Pitch Black.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I really liked Jack's story. Sci-Fi had a series called "Kyra" all lined up to air after Chronicles which explained her time leading up to when Riddick returned.

Obviously, it did not air
tongue.png
Had Chronicles been a hit, we'd be drowning in the series lore. I think that's why most folks are left confused, because so much didn't come to pass after it bombed. The good news was it left room for another series NBC was developing for the Sci-Fi network called Battlestar Galactica.

tongue.png

Nailz_sl

shitlord
I've been looking forward to this movie for a long time. Many hated Chronicles, but I loved the feel and atmosphere of it, perfect? certaintly not, flawed? oh yes, but the result is pure awesomeness none the less
smile.png
Hope this new movie manages to take the best of both Pitch Black and Chronicles and create a new kind of thrill ride.

smile.png

smile.png

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
From the synopsis I can't really tell if they are following the story from 2 or ignoring it. Either way I'm happy with it, jut happy to get more quality sci-fi.

figter2989_sl

shitlord
got to say these movies werent that good, but ill probably still watch this one to laugh laugh at vin diesel's acting skills. he should only stay as his true character of Dominic Toretto.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed Chronicles so much I still watch it every time I run across it on TV. Not entirely sure what it is about that movie, but I can't get enough.

I am really hoping this one follows that story line rather then going the Pitch Black route.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I felt like Chronicles was held backbecauseof Pitch Black. I just rewatched both the other night and Chronicles spent way too much time and reached too hard trying to jam the events of Pitch Black into the second story. I understand that Jack caused a significant emotional event for Riddick, but I think the writers did fans a disservice with the weak plot points while thinking they were servicing them with all the nods to the first movie.

In any case, both movies were pretty good, especially as far as sci-fi goes. I'm looking forward to the next installment.