Rift: Planes of Telara

bayr_sl

shitlord
It basically is wow minus the bullshit Blizzard has added over the years. I don't think anything else out there does what Rift does better, but you can't be sick of the wow formula

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
I liked Rift a lot. Mostly because of the hidden candy on the ground. When you find the candy, it makes you feel good. Like that one hill around the canyon zone that's off the grid, but if you climb to the top there's a hidden candy up there.

Shit's rad.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is this worth picking up if you don't have a high level character? I'd have to start over from scratch to learn the classes again, I'm just curious if I'm going to get ass rammed by the Rift's like I did when I fell behind the curve do to my account getting hacked.

Hekotat

Not really. SL is pretty much 50+
I understand that, I was wondering how fucked the lower level zones are now that no one is in them. How is the game's population? What sever/faction is everyone on if anyone still plays?

I have an MMO itch that TSW/PS2 can't scratch and I can't stand WoW anymore.

Hekotat

Thanks, I'll make sure to roll on one of those servers if I go past Rift Lite.

Hekotat

Got my old account back and transferred over to Deepwood today, holy shit is it overwhelming with so many abilities.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Find macros for whatever class/spec youre playing. Their macro system rules and you can condense a lot of things into spammable macros

Hekotat

Find macros for whatever class/spec youre playing. Their macro system rules and you can condense a lot of things into spammable macros
Well that's good to know, I'll definitely be playing once I'm off work for a few days. How is the mod scene for the game now? I know there was only like 2 mods out last time I played.

There are a lot of really great mods out there now. I'm a huge fan of Gadgets (target bars, buffs, whole lot of other stuff that's very customizable), and King Boss Mods should be used for anyone that will be doing dungeons/raids. Some links:

http://riftui.com/downloads/info298-SuperMeterSLE.html(damage meter)
http://riftui.com/downloads/info48-KingBossMods.html
http://riftui.com/downloads/info250-Gadgets.html

There are some other good ones that track buffs/debuffs such as Karuul Alert, but I haven't used it. Happy with these ones. If you get to SL you will love Carnage Book (keeps track of Carnage quests in SL zones for you).

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
So this isnt bad to pick up for a fix?? I havent ever played WoW, was too into EQ2 to switch. This game always sounded great, I just didnt have the time to put into it.

Your mileage may vary. In my opinion it's the best MMO available right now, though I definitely have my issues with it, and Trion's team is second to none. Worth checking out, especially since you can get a box for under $10 with 30 days of playtime and that will be more than enough time to decide. RIFT also just won the best Expansion for 2012 from Massively. If anyone is interested in trying it out, here's my ascend-a-friend code:https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Lol Scott is great guy, and Brad is Back, can you imagine if he came back to SoE ? but cant see him doing it, But Eq3 next could use him, Smoke-jumper is hickman JR.
Whoa, this is big news really. I think Scott is the real up and coming guy that is hot on the MMO market. I don't think you can say he has any failures on his record and where ever he lands people may want to take notice. These guys are like coaches anymore... Brad is kind of like Jim Tressel and Scott is like Urban Meyer.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty sure Trion is fucked. I don't know who is going to buy/play Defiance and the show is almost certainly going to be terrible and canned after one season.

Rift expansion was awesome but nobody bought it, and I personally lost interest pretty fast. The RTS MMO was total shit and I doubt it's going to ever see the light of day now that they closed that entire studio. The company seems to be lumped with too much failure