Rift: Planes of Telara

ixian_sl

shitlord
The new soul is Tactician. It was awesomely OP until it was nerfed, still decent for what it is (and the best rogue soloing soul).

Also, the layoffs are from the Defiance team, not the Rift team (according to the article anyway).
Yeah, article was updated after I posted it. After the Rift team got hit in December, I doubt they had too many more people to lose. :b

spronk

FPS noob
a rift producer posted in their forums that no one from the rift team was hit by layoffs, just defiance i guess

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mmo's usually lay off a bunch of people after launch. It's a gypsy lifestyle.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soo.. did the Raptr thing and picked up the expansion. Didn't get the 30 days unfortunately, but decided to mess around with some low level toons to get the swing of things again until F2P. Looks like a lot of people are doing the same thing, plenty of players in the low level zones and the servers are at high. Forums say a lot of people have been coming back and a couple of the EU servers have queues again.

Game is still fun, and now I remember why I stuck with it for 6 months. Which is a modern mmo record for me.

ixian_sl

shitlord
That Raptr deal has run out. My brother just tried to claim his this morning and there are none left to claim.
Raptr deal is back by the way.

Edit: Beaten.
frown.png

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
My point is that the quest grinding system is old, over and done with. People will PAY to bypass that. How about make a game where the leveling part isn't boring and, frankly, draining?

Or... just let the players pay to get over and done with it faster. Sounds like a game I want to play. Something that is so montonous that I would pay 40$+ to be done with it faster. Lol pay the box price again to be sped through most of the game? Srsly.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Any idea how long it takes to get to 'Experienced'? Not sure if it's worth it..
14 Hours

As others have said, you can leave the game on overnight on character select and come back to all the experience you need.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aye, and don't worry if it times you out. Just don't click the "ok" button, you will still be getting time credit.

Juvarisx

Florida
Picked this up via the raptr deal, and had never played it before. It is a LOT of fun, I like the fact there is as many builds as there are. Why did this game die out the first go round?

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picked this up via the raptr deal, and had never played it before. It is a LOT of fun, I like the fact there is as many builds as there are. Why did this game die out the first go round?
It was pretty successful for quite a while. They probably didn't get the response they were hoping for from the expansion. But this game wasn't a failure by any means, and had very strong sub numbers.

The devs are highly respected by the players. And that could easily have been otherwise consider the massive hack attack that happened right after launch. But they were open and fast acting, and the players were very appreciative of it. The devs are also very forward looking in implementing features to keep the players happy. Free transfers were started early to make sure everyone could find decent servers to play on, etc.

My guess is Rift didn't really need to convert to F2P but they felt the market had changed so much that it makes sense to jump in now. By the response of so many players coming back already, they seem to be ahead of the curve again.

Sidhe

<Banned>
It was pretty successful for quite a while. They probably didn't get the response they were hoping for from the expansion. But this game wasn't a failure by any means, and had very strong sub numbers.

The devs are highly respected by the players. And that could easily have been otherwise consider the massive hack attack that happened right after launch. But they were open and fast acting, and the players were very appreciative of it. The devs are also very forward looking in implementing features to keep the players happy. Free transfers were started early to make sure everyone could find decent servers to play on, etc.

My guess is Rift didn't really need to convert to F2P but they felt the market had changed so much that it makes sense to jump in now. By the response of so many players coming back already, they seem to be ahead of the curve again.
I'm a big supporter of Trion and of the RIFT team. But be honest, when those hacks were going on, the default response from Trion was that there was no exploit, and that if players were losing their accounts it was because they had shared their account info with a gold selling site. It took weeks and hundreds of reports, and even then the only thing that got a real Trion response was someone coming on the forums and posting the method of attack, verifying the exploit for them.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
I didn't really give this a shot at launch, but I have been enjoying it so far (I'm level 28), Warfronts and Instant Adventures are pretty fun to do in between questing. I'm playing as a defiler and I feel pretty much invincible.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a big supporter of Trion and of the RIFT team. But be honest, when those hacks were going on, the default response from Trion was that there was no exploit, and that if players were losing their accounts it was because they had shared their account info with a gold selling site. It took weeks and hundreds of reports, and even then the only thing that got a real Trion response was someone coming on the forums and posting the method of attack, verifying the exploit for them.
Of course, not everyone was happy with Trion over the way they handled it, but by and large most were. At least that is my memory of the event. Probably doesn't matter anymore though.

I haven't played the game since SWTOR was released. Really enjoying it again, should have gone back earlier.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
TBH I can't remember, I think the builds were a little bland and people expected magical unicorns from a talent system. I think people figured there would be endless amounts of content with no repetition from a new release game. WoWkiller was thrown around quite a bit and you had a ton of kiddies early release, like every game. I guess if I had to sum it up in a single go, tons of hype, not 100% delivered.

To most people the game was okay. I ended up going through most the content with a couple guilds, Legacy of Steel and Avid. Applied to Avid after Genjiro shit all over LoS because they weren't "living up to the name" but ultimately I ended up quitting after some RL family shit happened.

I know I felt like some of the end zones were a tad bland before storm legion, I never finished up the epic quest because I literally hated the zone where GSB was located. I bought SL but never really finished it due to out of game constraints. I know I am looking forward to the F2P transition if it is as good as they are insinuating.

Faranor_sl

shitlord
Really enjoying this again. Quit after guild broke up over petty issues a year ago and started again last week. Very solid game, almost lvl 60 already by just doing the story quest and a pit of pvp. Doesn't feel like a grind at all but i guess if i want some reputation for the new zones that will change ;p