RIFT

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Its a lot of fun for me, tons on, Im in a zerg guild. But its your typical TLE server, and will prolly die when it gets to whatever expansion people hated.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Rogue like typing detected! Seriously, open world PvP, especially in Rift, was a bunch of invisible people ganking everyone. Then those victims would realize rogue was the only way, and would level up their rogues, ganking lower levels. Was a vicious cycle :p

That stuff always exists and open PVP servers are not for everyone... however we had epic battles across the zones early on before warfronts came. Gloamwood in beta was unbelievable if anyone remembers that slaughter.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone still have any of those 15 day keys laying around? I wouldnt mind trying Rift again but dont really want to pay Trion money without at least trying it first.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Rift is free to play (unless they changed that recently?). I think the latest expansion may cost something to buy, but the base game and all older expacs are free, so try it out.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rift is free to play (unless they changed that recently?). I think the latest expansion may cost something to buy, but the base game and all older expacs are free, so try it out.

The new progression server, Rift Prime, requires a sub. I dont particularly want to give Trion money without trying it first. Im still salty about Archeage.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
That stuff always exists and open PVP servers are not for everyone... however we had epic battles across the zones early on before warfronts came. Gloamwood in beta was unbelievable if anyone remembers that slaughter.

Apparently there was a bug that all you had to do on Rift's new Prime server was to turn on your pvp flag, and you can attack non flagged people. They might have patched it though ;)

Discussion about open world PvP and how the flagging system works. Is it broken or working as intended? • r/Rift

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Still enjoying this but, what did they do with dungeon loot? Every dungeon feels like the same loot drops, with different levels.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Still enjoying this but, what did they do with dungeon loot? Every dungeon feels like the same loot drops, with different levels.

Each dungeon drops gear matching your level/class now. Helps out if you mentor down to do a lower level dungeon so you can still get decent gear and exp.

The exp rate is retarded, though. You run out of quests fairly quickly and have to farm the shit out of dungeons/rifts/pvp non-stop to make any sort of progress.

It's way lower than exp was at release and it's going to lead to people burning out and quitting

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Is there anywhere for Prime level builds? There are like zero posts on the official forums and the reddit is dead

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Guess there's an FOH guild on Deepwood server (live) and it's an offshoot of that, not sure if it has anything to do with anyone here

I currently have lead of the guild on deepwood and yes it is the one darph made. I also have lead on prime and hope to be raiding by mid next month so message me in game if you need an invite or help with leveling strats.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Nice, how many in guild? I'm on as Greene. I've got a lot of playtime but only lvl 36ish or so, been taking my time.

It's a refreshing break from YetAnotherEQ1Server, and to give Trion credit they really stripped down the cash shop for this one, and have been pumping out fixes. That said if you do check this out, be warned there is serious ability lag when prime* time hits. Kind of useless having a faster rogue GCD when everyone has 3 second lag :p

*edit: Did not mean to make a Prime pun!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is there anywhere for Prime level builds? There are like zero posts on the official forums and the reddit is dead

For Rogue go Sab, Cleric go Shaman or Defiler, Mage go Pyro, MA or Harb, War reroll into something else

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Yah warriors got the shaft for leveling, they get decent at 50 but rogues and mages are most in demand for ae leveling groups and if you want to level super fast just roll a cleric and tank dungeons. shaman can do pretty much anything +2 levels solo for quests as well but right now dungeons are still king of the xp grind. feels like the deep AA grind all over again. and there are like 30 in guild right now.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
AVOID THIS SERVER/GAME!

Starting at level 40 clerics can be a strong healer and top dps in one spec

Yeah, they can't balance stuff, so they just 'turn off' abilities. Clerics sentinel was the latest, so the ability that did 75% damage whenever you healed someone was shut off. Mage mystic archer also had an ability just shut off to 'balance' it. Rogue Sab spec had the soul bonus shut off too.

So 1-30ish it's fine, but they have no idea what they're doing, still. It's Trion so no surprise there.

Level 40 warfronts are heal fests. Nobody dies. last 2 warfronts I was in, it timed out with maybe 2 deaths. Level 50 warfonts, all the folks at level cap are just win trading because nobody dies.

Ability lag is real. Sometimes takes 3-5 seconds to do abilities.

I don't think they have the staff to fix this stuff. It's a shame, because the base game is pretty good. Ah well, was fun early on at least =)

• 2Worf
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 2 users