RIFT

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They actually made some pretty sweeping changes to some souls around the launch of the last expansion and broke a lot of the established one button macro builds.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remeber during launch I played a Warrior up to like lv 40-50? Anyway, I had one button to do it all, it was fucking crazy lazy.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Tanking in vanilla Rift was fun. For single target, hold down one button. For aoe, hold down other button. Charge, two death grip cooldowns, and bloodlust.

Pal/Void/Champ I think?

Ahh I remember my void knight in PvP. I would absorb damage like a champ, kill noone, but could chain summon people to annoy the fuck out of them. Like once every 6 seconds or something obscene with a reset in another tree.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Nice, thanks for the heads up. I wasn't willing to put out cash, but I enjoy Rift enough to still play it as F2P. Will check out the new stuff this weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Reht

Molten Core Raider
The new expansion is pretty - i enoyed the leveling, unfortunately there was so little content beyond the quest leveling when it was released. I think it had two dungeons, no raids, etc. It looks like it's starting to feel like a real expansion, it's just a shame that it took them almost 6 months to get to the point where most studios (other than DBG) would have felt it was ready for release.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah releasing an expansion which reduces dungeons to 2 and raids to 0 is completely retarded

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valtara

Molten Core Raider
I think you can claim the expansion on just one char.If you want account wide you still will have to buy it ? If read it right.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Nah, it should be account wide (i can't verify because i bought the expansion) and there is an additional bonus gift - Prophecy of Ahnket Cache which is claimable by only one character.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if it was part of this new promotion, or from an earlier promotion (I hadn't logged in for the past few months), but I also had the primalist soulpack given to me for free when I logged in last night, along with a free month of patron status.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Guess it's time for me to reinstall and log in for free luls.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if it was part of this new promotion, or from an earlier promotion (I hadn't logged in for the past few months), but I also had the primalist soulpack given to me for free when I logged in last night, along with a free month of patron status.
Yeah, i just got an email for a free Rift Ascended Essentials Pack (apparently for old players) as part of the come back to Rift thing they have going on which includes ALL of the non-release souls......and a couple more bag slots and character slots.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
New stuff is pretty fun. Been leveling my rogue, and the legendary skills are really nice. Up to level 67 so far, been questing as Assassin spec. Did the first dungeon, and even though the tank was spacey, we cleared it. No one had a clue what the bosses did (apparently we were all returning players). Took a few wipes to figure stuff out, but was still a lot of fun to figure out the fights together as a group.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
New stuff is pretty fun. Been leveling my rogue, and the legendary skills are really nice. Up to level 67 so far, been questing as Assassin spec. Did the first dungeon, and even though the tank was spacey, we cleared it. No one had a clue what the bosses did (apparently we were all returning players). Took a few wipes to figure stuff out, but was still a lot of fun to figure out the fights together as a group.
Worst part of it, at launch, the dungeons weren't working right and you could complete all of the expansion quests and still not hit 70 without using exp pots. But enjoying it a little back goofing off, haven't tried the new LFR stuff yet.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Not so sure they fixed the leveling curve! I'm 100% finished 3/4 of the xpac zones, and about 60% finished the last zone, and I'm only level 68.7 or so. Definitely won't hit 70 before running out of xpac quests, and that's with the patron 40% xp bonus.

What's the best way to level besides quests? Instant adventures?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Logged in for the first time in around 3 years to get a message that the world I last logged in on is locked and my characters are missing. Did they have a wipe or lose data or something ?