RIFT

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
well hopefully they will do some balancing before raiding hits. i dont think they expected this many people to play prime. we will see what happens, until then......

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
God the grind is shit. I can’t find any dungeons at 28 - I know I’m behind. And PVP is slow to queue. In Starwood reach. Ugggh any pointers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RIP D Darph

Untitled.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
God the grind is shit. I can’t find any dungeons at 28 - I know I’m behind. And POV is slow to queue. In Starwood reach. Ugggh any pointers?

Do quests. They changed quest Xp to a rediculous amount... As per usual, over adjusting. Dungeons I have found are not the fastest XP anymore.

• 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
That didnt last long, did it

There is still some fun to be had, but Trion is Trion. I am at 37, they buffed quest XP way too much and now leveling new toons is harder because there are not enough players at lower levels. Dungeons are not so fun with many players that are dps heads pulling mobs ( i am tank ) and causing wipes. Its all gather packs, AE the crap out of them and repeat... AKA Snoozefest. I nearly fell asleep tanking the other night...

I think i will play to 50 and bail, I don't plan on raiding but hoped to do expert dungeons as tank.... but thus far dungeon running for random auto generated loot drops is just ultra MEH. The items are all the same with different levels and the ultimate in +gooder grinding.. Its like end game mindless grinding for +gooder crap the whole game !

This is what Trion has always done however, water shit down, make it "accessible", balance for warfronts = boring.

When prime was released it was said ( and seen ) that mobs would be harder to take down ( more hps ) and a slower leveling curve, that is all blown to hell now.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There is still some fun to be had, but Trion is Trion. I am at 37, they buffed quest XP way too much and now leveling new toons is harder because there are not enough players at lower levels. Dungeons are not so fun with many players that are dps heads pulling mobs ( i am tank ) and causing wipes. Its all gather packs, AE the crap out of them and repeat... AKA Snoozefest. I nearly fell asleep tanking the other night...

I think i will play to 50 and bail, I don't plan on raiding but hoped to do expert dungeons as tank.... but thus far dungeon running for random auto generated loot drops is just ultra MEH. The items are all the same with different levels and the ultimate in +gooder grinding.. Its like end game mindless grinding for +gooder crap the whole game !

This is what Trion has always done however, water shit down, make it "accessible", balance for warfronts = boring.

When prime was released it was said ( and seen ) that mobs would be harder to take down ( more hps ) and a slower leveling curve, that is all blown to hell now.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Quests went from a complete waste of time to worth doing while waiting for a dungeon queue.

Dungeons are still fastest exp

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I let my desire to travel back in time get the better of me. What a waste of 30 bucks.

Ill be lucky to hit 40 before the server populations dry up

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider

The level 40+ zones give 1-1.5 levels of exp each with the current buffed quest numbers. The exp requirements per level curve up at a huge rate in the 40s and you are right back in the same situation of needing to grind dozens of dungeons to level.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
The level 40+ zones give 1-1.5 levels of exp each with the current buffed quest numbers. The exp requirements per level curve up at a huge rate in the 40s and you are right back in the same situation of needing to grind dozens of dungeons to level.

Yes, from what folks are saying they still may need to buff XP for quests over 40. My post was referring to the under 35 quests only. Maybe it is under 30, but I was able to skip scarwood reach completely and I just started Moonshade almost 39. Ran each dungeon other than kings twice, no PVP.

Honestly, I think this was done to get people into their 30s and 40s and solve the server crashes people are spread over more zones now.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
I think you are giving Trion way too much credit. These are the same people that launched the server without noticing during testing that as soon as you ding level 10 you get a shitload of items in the mail including an instant level 50 boost. They're scrambling every step of the way and level 50 raids are going to be complete shitshows.

• 1Worf

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
It's an absolute shit show. I'll be a bit of a masochist and probably hit 50 though it is awful slow in the 40s. Later on, you're lucky if a quest budges your exp bar by 1%.

On the flip side, I remember Ember Isles being a lot of fun when that releases, and I thought their Planer Attunment (Rift AA) was decently implemented. But I'm OCD and just need an exp bar to move while at level cap :p

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Hopefully they can get the level 50 version of Hammerknell back in; otherwise I suspect there are going to be a lot of broken hearts when the time comes around when it's "supposed" to be released in terms of progression.

(The level 50 version was effectively deleted when it was updated to be a Nightmare Tide raid, someone on the team said they were going to try to get the level 50 version up and running again though.)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw my old Guild leader streaming today saying the Greenscale raid zone isnt even out yet? What went wrong that should have been opened on release?

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Saw my old Guild leader streaming today saying the Greenscale raid zone isnt even out yet? What went wrong that should have been opened on release?
I don't think anything went wrong per se, they're just gating progression (like how WoW or FFXIV don't immediately release their raids when a new expansion drops so people don't feel as compelled to rush to level cap). Though they probably also wanted to see how a lot of the Prime stuff would play out in the real world so they could make adjustments before the raids hit.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hopefully they can get the level 50 version of Hammerknell back in; otherwise I suspect there are going to be a lot of broken hearts when the time comes around when it's "supposed" to be released in terms of progression.

(The level 50 version was effectively deleted when it was updated to be a Nightmare Tide raid, someone on the team said they were going to try to get the level 50 version up and running again though.)

Level 50 Hammerknell? Fuck man were still hoping they get a level 50 Greenscale in. RIght now its a progression server with no progression, not even tier 2 experts are in.

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Level 50 Hammerknell? Fuck man were still hoping they get a level 50 Greenscale in. RIght now its a progression server with no progression, not even tier 2 experts are in.
Like I said, that's kind of a different beast though because GSB at least still exists. Hammerknell is in a uniquely shitty situation where it might not become available until Nightmare Tide even though it was originally a part of Vanilla; you can read about it here.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
PRO Tip: When you get to the last questing zone (Stillmoor), take the quest to have an elite vampire drink your blood, but never complete it. Grats, you have a permanent illusion bottle, and it also makes almost the entire zone non-aggro to you! Makes questing a bit easier. Quest is not needed to continue the storyline there ;) I also like to use it in warfronts.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They turned falling damage back on, presumably for april fools, it's hilarious seeing the people crying about it.