Rimworld

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agree, it's a fantastic game and it's been by far my most played game of the last year or so. It's also very replayable, starting in a different biome, tech level or climate can make it play very differently and that's before even starting with mods.

Doesn't need much computer power to run and I don't think it's crashed once in 500+ hours.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah this is really one of the best games out there and a shining example for what early access can and should be. I can't recommend this game enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Agree, it's a fantastic game and it's been by far my most played game of the last year or so. It's also very replayable, starting in a different biome, tech level or climate can make it play very differently and that's before even starting with mods.

Doesn't need much computer power to run and I don't think it's crashed once in 500+ hours.

apparently v18 did some crazy optimization and it jsut doesn't lag anymore when you get a lot of people. Richard Hammer (streamer) tested it out and got up to like maybe 60 colonists before it started slowing down. Pretty crazy.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
Game is deep as heck, for those of you wondering about dipping your toes into it. DO NOT SKIP THE TUTORIALS. Please. Do not do what I did and spend 10-15 hours going 'wtf am I doing' just because you went 'Man, I have been playing video games for 20+ years, who needs tutorials?!'

Modding scene is also pretty darn good.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The workshop has some QOL mods that I'd say are basically required at this point. Not sure I'd be able to play this game without the multiselector and easy forbid/unforbid stuff etc.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The workshop has some QOL mods that I'd say are basically required at this point. Not sure I'd be able to play this game without the multiselector and easy forbid/unforbid stuff etc.

forget what it's called but robotics and expanded medical shit is a must, makes dealing with injuries so much more fun

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looking at picking this game up. I know there is fair amount going on. Is there an in game tutorial that takes you through key strokes and how to do things? Also I read some where in v18 you can "queue". Does that mean you can assign tasks in a row ?

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I was looking at picking it up as well, it looks like a blast to play. I'm just not sure about the price, even on sale.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Playing without mods entirely is just retarded. Some of them objectively improve the base game and offer core functionality that should exist already but just doesn't for whatever reason. Quality builder/hand me that brick/trading spots/select tool/animals and wildlife tab etc etc are just all direct UI improvements to the base game and don't change the way anything actually functions.

Prepare carefully is just cheating though. I do admit it's pretty amusing to set up a rich explorer scenario with a terminator though. Give your dude full bionic everything and watch him run around the map like a maniac is good for a laugh for a bit.

• 1Salty

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
djzw1a1rv5201.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I've been playing this the past couple'a nights and loving it. It's amazing how a less than 100 MB file can give you such joy. Great tip for EA, but I know that they aren't reading this and this isn't the place for that.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been playing this the past couple'a nights and loving it. It's amazing how a less than 100 MB file can give you such joy. Great tip for EA, but I know that they aren't reading this and this isn't the place for that.
If you look in the mirror and say EA three times, they'll buy up Rimworld, fire all developers, and make additional colonists a microtransaction loot box item.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I downloaded this, and I'm still figuring my way around, but I started this colony I thought had a real chance of success -- I had an industrious fast learner with high construction and cooking traits and several things she was passionate about I forget now. Well this other colonist decides to join up, and it turns out he has wake up addiction. I thought nothing of it until he went through withdrawal. I was like, man, now I'm going to have to baby this guy to make sure he kicks his addiction, and it was working for like 20 days. I was pretty excited to have him kick his addiction because he would have made an outstanding addition to the team, but all of that was cut short when he went berserk, ran into the storage room, and exploded about 1000 units of chemfuel I had stored in a closed wooden area. Everyone died, I lost, and now I'm definitely hooked.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, you definitely don't wanna have anyone with an addiction. Of course, love is just as bad. Had two people that were in a relationship together. Everything was going great until one of them decides to break it off with the other.

The one decides to go berserk and hasn't eaten for about three days. I was scared he was gonna come and kill me in my sleep until he started another relationship with somebody I rescued.