Rimworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The developer himself already chimed in on the wealth scaling saying it, at best, factors in only slightly

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea not sure I buy wealth scaling. My current colony is actually doing super well and I've got ~15k silver laying around and raids are still pretty often just tribal jerks.

Bug infestations are getting to be a real problem though.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
For bugs use fire. Toss some Molotovs in the room they are and close the door, they will burn up quick. This also works for a makeshift crematorium; make a stone room and designate it for corpses. When this room fills up throw some Molotovs in it and bye bye bodies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't forget heat is modeled when doing that. vents, burned down doors, etc. temps will skyrocket and kill your colonists.

Bugs spawn under 'mountain roof." often its just easier to not build in mountains.
If you do, section areas off. Stone doors/walls, with inner wood walls. Air ducts. have vents to temp regulated areas/hallways, which have doors at the end, which you can "hold open" from the outside.

iannis

Musty Nester
Jesus christ, this game.

I sort of wish it was more complex. But it's hypnotic. Member that game on the C-64 where you had the little dude in the house and you could tell him to go to the bathroom?

This game is like the spiritual successor to that.

lol.

Gorestabb

I've just got back into this game, and am running into the same problems I had before: eventually I run out of Steel and Components. Is there a simple solution to this? Relying on traders seems to be ineffective as they often only come once in a blue moon and even then only have a handful of components.

Tenks

I've just got back into this game, and am running into the same problems I had before: eventually I run out of Steel and Components. Is there a simple solution to this? Relying on traders seems to be ineffective as they often only come once in a blue moon and even then only have a handful of components.

Generally if I notice my map when I initially roll doesn't have a decent about of compacted machinery and ideally some plasteel I just back out. For whatever reason actually crafting components is pretty lategame tech so you're really relying on mining compacted machinery to get them.

Also as of a few months ago you can send out trade caravans to be more proactive about trading instead of passive

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

They nerfed the trade ship rate a few versions ago, it's now way too low to be reliable. There's a mod called "More Trade Ships" which sets it back to where it used to be.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
my bases rarely live long enough to really be forced into it.
but, you can create trade caravans now. or raid bases. and, you can build the deep drilling.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I still think this game could use a much better UI, the UI also need to be more visual.

I know there are lots of info, but right now I feel like I am playing somewhat a "spreadsheet" game.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
One of my people just died in the first five minutes of the game.

da fuck

Gorestabb

my bases rarely live long enough to really be forced into it.
but, you can create trade caravans now. or raid bases. and, you can build the deep drilling.

I researched and started deep drilling over the weekend and am now swimming in steel. Components are also under control, as having built the comms station I just radio for trade caravans constantly.

Gorestabb

I'm discovering the brave new world of Rimworld mods and that was one I came across. I don't know why some of these mods aren't stock as they make playing so much more enjoyable. Perhaps some people enjoy clicking randomize 50 times to find a starting character that hasn't got gimp stats, but I much prefer actually creating my own character.

Just a few I've come across that have vastly improved the game:

Path Avoid (Better control of pathing)
Stockpile Efficiency (Better control of stockpile stacking)
Defensive Positions (Designate defensive positions)
Skilled Builder (Designate only highest skilled builder to make an item)
Quality Surgeon (Designate only highest skilled surgeon to perform an operation)
Colony Manager (Sooooo much QOL)
Prepare Carefully (As mentioned above)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's still early access. Can be forgiven.

But yeah, there's a lot that could be improved. Especially with the UI.