Riot Games MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Watched Bellular vid and he had some good points, especially in regards to retaining and attracting talent 'tween the two companies. Apparently Blizz are tight asses with pay, and been living off a lot of people giving them fanboy discounts just to work there. Riot seems to pay quite well and just gave all 3000 of their employees a 10% salary bonus for the year. Seems like it should be easier for Riot to pull in skilled/talented folks looking to get in on the ground floor of a new MMO project.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The lore, if anyone is interested, which seems some are based on the last few posts:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to see their take but having it be solely PVP focused is both in their wheelhouse and a damn shame.

• 1Truth!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm hoping it's like Albion Online but not complete trash and not full hard forced PvP.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am hoping for a raiding-focus MMO since they already have plenty of PvP games under the same IP.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not that it necessarily means anything, but here was Ghostcrawler's tweet just a few days he announced an MMO was in development:

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cant wait to fight the first raid boss!

That or.. this guy, maybe.
1c1856fc64b674e336cfaa1ff1c6a01b.jpg

• 1Worf

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm thinking a lot of raids might be LoL champs. An Urgot or Cho Gath raid would be cool.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm thinking a lot of raids might be LoL champs. An Urgot or Cho Gath raid would be cool.

Or Aurelion Sol.

One thing that's been awesome about Legends of Runeterra card game is that they've expanded the world quite a bit. Some of the coolest and most interesting characters aren't even the LoL Champions. Although there's still a lot of typical tropes, they've really made the world pretty interesting - and I think have shown that they don't really need to depend on the LoL characters and can create a lot of interesting stories and characters outside of them.

However, seeing all the characters I've been playing for the last decade in an MMO world is going to be pretty cool.

• 2Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Or Aurelion Sol.

One thing that's been awesome about Legends of Runeterra card game is that they've expanded the world quite a bit. Some of the coolest and most interesting characters aren't even the LoL Champions. Although there's still a lot of typical tropes, they've really made the world pretty interesting - and I think have shown that they don't really need to depend on the LoL characters and can create a lot of interesting stories and characters outside of them.

However, seeing all the characters I've been playing for the last decade in an MMO world is going to be pretty cool.

Ya there's definitely a lot of potential avenues for them to persue. My guess is that it will be similar to WoW in that you'll be part of a faction. I can even see some sort of Sullon Zekish inspiration where you're directly opposed to certain factions, allied with some and neutral with some. Even if not as a main theme but a server specific ruleset that would be pretty sweet.

• 1Like

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the billions LoL brings in, they sure can afford to dump 200 mil into a AAA MMO. Whether it will be good is the real question

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I mean, raids are already all about choreography.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After that most recent cinematic, if this game is just half as good as that.. it'll be a monster of a game.

(if you care about the back story)

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 3 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I'm glad melaninated people's are finally getting to be shown for the ultimately pure and powerful brings they are.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
After that most recent cinematic, if this game is just half as good as that.. it'll be a monster of a game.

(if you care about the back story)

An MMO of guy girl duos? The gaysians gonna love this!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Right, because cinematics are indicative of gameplay. Like all those WoW cinematics where surely... this time... the alliance and horde are working together and aren't separate, aggro factions.

• 1Worf