RIP Brad McQuaid

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Silius was one of the reasons I quit Vanguard back in the day. He's a fucking idiot. I truly hope that Silius is working in another industry like the fast food industry for instance. I don't think he could possibly fuck up french fries that bad.

the most recent shit I can find on him

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Silius was one of the reasons I quit Vanguard back in the day. He's a fucking idiot. I truly hope that Silius is working in another industry like the fast food industry for instance. I don't think he could possibly fuck up french fries that bad.

Agree. VG was flawed but it was a true successor to EQ in feel and play style. It was in a great spot when Silius decided to completely fuck it up and ruin what it had going for it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kilmoll

Trakanon Raider
Only heard about this today, and feels like a gut punch. All the questionable shit aside, Brad made something that made people have emotional attachments. I guarantee many here have had every possible emotion at some point while playing his creation. Laughing, crying, love, hatred, anger, regret, caring....some of the old fuckers on here probably would have thrown punches at each other....all from the beautiful flawed creation he gave us. Say what you want, but I know a big part of my life would have felt emptier without it.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
New loading screen in EQ
20191125_211827(1).jpg

• 29Like
Reactions: 28 users

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
RIP Brad, it's wild thinking of how much time I spent in his games and how epic the experiences were. I put EQ right next to Quake 1 and Starcraft as being so influential and giving me so many amazing new experiences with other people/friends. I hope Pantheon can make it to release and be a decent game for his family's sake and for the dev team. It's also probably our last hope for the type of game most of us here are looking for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Maul

Dental Dammer
I'd like to thank Brad for his contribution to Everquest, without which I would never had had some many e wives.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, they were all dudes.

One of my friends and his brother got so much plat pretending to be women in EQ. My friends brother went so far as to in-game marry a guy, he hated the dude with a passion. The guy had done something to him in game so my friends brother made an alt specifically for this purpose. It was so funny reading his flirty tells to the guy and he’s just saying shit like “god damn this mother fucker is pathetic” and cracking up irl. He’d log off the alt then get on his main and train and KS the dude. He got a bunch of plat, gear, etc. Fucker was vindictive and in it for the long game. He did this for months.

I really miss EQ sometimes.

• 15Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 19 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
One of my friends and his brother got so much plat pretending to be women in EQ. My friends brother went so far as to in-game marry a guy, he hated the dude with a passion. The guy had done something to him in game so my friends brother made an alt specifically for this purpose. It was so funny reading his flirty tells to the guy and he’s just saying shit like “god damn this mother fucker is pathetic” and cracking up irl. He’d log off the alt then get on his main and train and KS the dude. He got a bunch of plat, gear, etc. Fucker was vindictive and in it for the long game. He did this for months.

He sounds like solid Amod material

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I honestly question whether I miss the epic forum dramas more than the game in hindsight.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Agree. VG was flawed but it was a true successor to EQ in feel and play style. It was in a great spot when Silius decided to completely fuck it up and ruin what it had going for it.

It deserves full emulation.

If Daybreak or what's left of SOE wants to honor Brad they should release the source, or at least give the emulator project the DB.

There is no monetary value left in the VG IP. Just leak it because its what's right.

There is no meaningful dollar value left in the VG IP, a relaunch for the 2nd or 3rd time isn't going to even so amount to a cash grab at any point in the future. Nobody can monetize that IP again.

Commercially it has fully run its course.

Hand it over. Or better yet tell them to put a reasonable price tag on it and see if it can be crowdfunded. E Elidroth

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That made me look to see if my old VG guilds farewell video was still around, it is! Makes me miss the game and those people :(

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It deserves full emulation.

If Daybreak or what's left of SOE wants to honor Brad they should release the source, or at least give the emulator project the DB.

There is no monetary value left in the VG IP. Just leak it because its what's right.

There is no meaningful dollar value left in the VG IP, a relaunch for the 2nd or 3rd time isn't going to even so amount to a cash grab at any point in the future. Nobody can monetize that IP again.

Commercially it has fully run its course.

Hand it over. Or better yet tell them to put a reasonable price tag on it and see if it can be crowdfunded. E Elidroth
If Smed were still running the show, I could actually see that happening. Say what you will about the guy, he was generally fine with emulations, and probably would see it as a fitting enough tribute to Brad.

Who the hell actually is running Daybreak nowadays, anyway? Is it someone the SOE days, or someone from the parent company that bought them?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
According to Google its Russel Shanks. But I think he is just a puppet for the parent company

iannis

Musty Nester

It was a magical thing.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That made me look to see if my old VG guilds farewell video was still around, it is! Makes me miss the game and those people :(

Damn, it's sometimes easy to forget all the good shit they did. It's sad because I haven't played a MMO in years now. It was once the only type of game I got excited for and now I don't even give a shit. Fucking genre is dead and that's terrible to think about.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users