RIP Chester Bennington

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I actually always liked Yield the best.

See that's a 4-5 song album to me, personally. I really find PJ is like Beck in that regard - they range quite a bit so while a given album might be a hit to some people, to others it's largely a miss. Almost every Beck album I could listen to front to back, but Sea Change I don't think there was a single song I could enjoy.

(Given to Fly, Wishlist, Do the Evolution, Low Light - and MFC is really mood dependant - for the record on Yield songs for me)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked Yield a lot, but Ten and Backspacer were both the 3-5 songs I like and a bunch of shit I skip for me. But I know I am in the minority on that. In addition to the songs you like, I really like All Those Yesterdays and I'm in Hiding a shit ton. Really, Red Blur is the only song I feel compelled to skip past when listening to that album. Ten is always going to be the album everyone raves about, but I actually liked and listened to Yield way more.

For Backspacer, I dig Supersonic, Johnny Guitar, Mr Fixit (my favorite track), and Got Some. The rest are meh, but those songs are really good.

At least they are not like KISS where there is one good song and 9 tracks of Gene Simmons shitting on women on every album. I think really only Queens of the Stone age, Wolfmother, and maybe Muse are making albums with a concerted effort on making the entire thing worth listening to, though all of those acts have slipped a bit (Like Clockwork was a masterpiece close to Songs for the Deaf, though).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The band that made Ten, Vs, and Vitology get a lifetime pass imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think really only Queens of the Stone age, Wolfmother, and maybe Muse are making albums with a concerted effort on making the entire thing worth listening to, though all of those acts have slipped a bit (Like Clockwork was a masterpiece close to Songs for the Deaf, though).

Muse still has some left in the tank. Drones is their best album since Black Holes & Revelations.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
(Clockwork was a masterpiece close to Songs for the Deaf, though).

Can anybody explain to me why so many people jerk off over Songs for the Deaf? Outside of "No One Knows", the first half of that album is fucking garbage, and the second half peaks with "Go With the Flow", followed by several decent/good but not great songs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Can anybody explain to me why so many people jerk off over Songs for the Deaf? Outside of "No One Knows", the first half of that album is fucking garbage, and the second half peaks with "Go With the Flow", followed by several decent/good but not great songs.

This is really wrong. This is fucking garbage? Do you not like to rock?

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
QotSA is pretty good, some of their shit is pretty faggy though. Kyuss was by far the better band.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
kegkilla kegkilla you actually think that was good? he fucks up the lyrics, barely gets the melody right, and plays a piano part that doesn't even include the instrumental hooks from the song. i'm in a hospital bed right now and could probably still come up with a better cover than that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
kegkilla kegkilla you actually think that was good? he fucks up the lyrics, barely gets the melody right, and plays a piano part that doesn't even include the instrumental hooks from the song. i'm in a hospital bed right now and could probably still come up with a better cover than that.
Definitely isn't as bad as you want to believe it is, that's for sure.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
kegkilla kegkilla I just posted Alanis Morrisette and Garth Brooks. Your emo cred can't be worse than that. You are sorely missed in the 90's thread.

• 1Like

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I think the thing that's most sad about Chester's death is his lyrics have been about his struggle with depression for a very long time.. Several songs on each CD have almost been a cry for help. Much like Scott Weiland's death, there were a lot of people on the 'gravy train' that didn't want to piss them off and lose the benefit of being near them by saying or doing something about it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the thing that's most sad about Chester's death is his lyrics have been about his struggle with depression for a very long time.. Several songs on each CD have almost been a cry for help. Much like Scott Weiland's death, there were a lot of people on the 'gravy train' that didn't want to piss them off and lose the benefit of being near them by saying or doing something about it.

Sometimes you can't do anything. I don't think detoxxing Jerry Garcia in his 50's as a late stage diabetic was great decision making. He had previously sat the Dead down and told them "no" a decade prior but he was eventually guilted into it by the system. They killed Jerry as far as I'm concerned.

Weiland and Chester were absolutely preventable. Weiland more so than any of them because it was in your face and easy to see the problem for 20 years.

• 1Picard