RIP Chester Bennington

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This is a shame, I am kind of numbed to all of the rockstars killing themselves too. Chris Cornell was such a unique voice that I was kind of amazed he died so young, Plus with all the shit talk I liked Linken Park and Fort Minor as well. Seems like all the rock people die to drugs and suicide and all the R&B/HipHop clowns just shot each other. If only HipHop would start overdosing and killing themselves too.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Legit bummed out. I was in highschool right when they peaked during the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era, and I rotated their stuff onto my mp3 player (jesus, remember those) fairly frequently. My tastes changed after I graduated, but it's still music that was in my ear pretty constantly for a good 4 or 5 years.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bunch of pussies taking the easy way out lately

Waaahhhh I have millions of dollars and still have problems waaaahh

Even Bruce Jenner just chopped his dick off to overcome his issues.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
22 soldiers PER DAY kill themselves. Depression and suicide are a real problem. Nobody will give a second thought to them.

Sorry to see Chester decide this was his only solution, but it shows you success and fame don't buy happiness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bleh. Going from Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Pumpkins, etc. from the early-mid 90's to Linkin Park/Limp Bizkit/Korn in the early 2000's was a pretty big drop off.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I know, yeah yeah, "money doesn't buy happiness," but as someone who has had a pretty shitty life and felt pretty suicidal often himself, it's kind of enraging seeing these rich and famous fucks off themselves. You would think Chester would know the pain of losing someone to suicide and wouldn't want to do that to his friends and family too. But NOPE. It's not that I am completely unsympathetic, but in a big way, fuck him.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know, yeah yeah, "money doesn't buy happiness," but as someone who has had a pretty shitty life and felt pretty suicidal often himself, it's kind of enraging seeing these rich and famous fucks off themselves. You would think Chester would know the pain of losing someone to suicide and wouldn't want to do that to his friends and family too. But NOPE. It's not that I am completely unsympathetic, but in a big way, fuck him.

Everyone's war is different. Zero's in the bank account mean fuck all.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Everyone's war is different. Zero's in the bank account mean fuck all.

Income difference wasn't even my main point, and I even addressed the immediate response I would get in the first line.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Didn't realize how depressing his music was. I was never a fan, only knew their hit songs but people are going apeshit on facebook and other forums, posting videos and its lyrics. And ffs, the guy was in love with suicide since day one.

But i see a pattern here, musicians that kill themselves, were shit. Except for Ian Curtis, Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison (still don't know if he did on purpose) and probably others that i forgot.
But the pattern, for me, still stands.

Oh poor Chris cornell, chester, kurt...poor troubled souls. FUCK YOU! Dime was shot, Cliff died on a car crash, Dio and Lemmy had cancer, Jeff had cirrhosis for example. And those guys wanted to live, unlike those angsty, "depressed" assholes.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i think the real tragedy here is that, considering all the try hard edgelord shit in here, there has yet to be a half decent joke or meme, and god knows there's a lot of material to work with. shameful.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I happened to like LP's music, but I like A LOT of different music. Being art, music is incredibly subjective, and not really worth calling something shit or not. I think Picasso was a fucking lunatic, but some people love his work. So OK..

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think the real tragedy here is that, considering all the try hard edgelord shit in here, there has yet to be a half decent joke or meme, and god knows there's a lot of material to work with. shameful.

I thought the Scott Stapp joke was pretty good

nazon

Molten Core Raider
Seeing this yesterday was a real bummer and it's a real shame. The time in the early 2000s when LP was getting very popular coincided with my early EQ days. With all these suicides this year, I wonder if they have been watching Louis CK's 2017 standup about suicide.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But i see a pattern here, musicians that kill themselves, were shit. Except for Ian Curtis, Amy Winehouse and Jim Morrison (still don't know if he did on purpose) and probably others that i forgot.
But the pattern, for me, still stands.

Oh poor Chris cornell, chester, kurt...poor troubled souls. FUCK YOU! Dime was shot, Cliff died on a car crash, Dio and Lemmy had cancer, Jeff had cirrhosis for example. And those guys wanted to live, unlike those angsty, "depressed" assholes.

Cornell was an objectively good musician.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I happened to like LP's music, but I like A LOT of different music. Being art, music is incredibly subjective, and not really worth calling something shit or not. I think Picasso was a fucking lunatic, but some people love his work. So OK..

Weirdest thing with Chester too is he seemed to be amused and enjoying himself just a couple weeks ago during a guest hosting thing on Good Mythical Morning. I'm pretty wide with the range of music I like too so Linkin Park fit in for some of their stuff (especially not shocking since Faith No More is among my favorites and they were definitely influenced by songs like "Epic") although I wouldn't consider myself a fan. But it feels so weird that he seemed to be genuinely happy, goofing around over there just a brief time ago and then he fell into something so deep as to kill himself.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington's wife Talinda Ann Bentley took to Twitter once again early Friday, moments after deleting her tweets in which she confessed to cheating on her husband with bandmate Mike Shinoda.

In the latest tweet, Talinda said she “encouraged him to kill himself I told him no one cared.”

• 1Picard