RIP Chris Cornell

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Blood magic. Only death pays for life.

Someone better release an epic album this year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
One of the few singers/bands that could reliably give me goosebumps, Audioslave / Soundgarden songs helped me through some really shitty times.
RIP

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Holy shit, this is huge. Chris had such a legendary voice. It's as unexpected as saying Dave Grohl will be next.

Syddin

Trakanon Raider
I just saw him when they played in Atlanta on the 3rd. I flew back that afternoon just to take my girl for her birthday. He was so upbeat and positive. It was a really great show. It's really sad to think that he is gone and that Vedder isn't.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
A few fun facts....

Soundgarden was the first Seattle grunge band to ever get signed to a major record deal, mid 80s, but never saw real success until 90s.

He was naturally a baritone but had a whopping 4 octave range, which can be heard on almost every album he ever did. Its mind boggling how high and clean his voice could go without resorting to falsettos.

20 yrs later...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Next to Layne Staley...
I need to throw myself under the bus right now. I enjoyed Alice in Chains, but never actually learned any of members names. I swore this guy was Lance Dailey. At least EVERY time I've heard people say his name, that's what it sounded like. Haha, I suck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I need to throw myself under the bus right now. I enjoyed Alice in Chains, but never actually learned any of members names. I swore this guy was Lance Dailey. At least EVERY time I've heard people say his name, that's what it sounded like. Haha, I suck.

Sad part about Layne is that it was like a week or two before anyone realized he was dead in his apartment of an apparent overdose. Stay away from drugs, kids. One of his last public showings was the MTV unplugged set with Alice n Chains.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, this is huge. Chris had such a legendary voice. It's as unexpected as saying Dave Grohl will be next.
Dave Grohl loves himself way too much to kill himself, and that's probably a good thing.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1994. MTV Music awards. Aerosmith's Crying was expected to win Best video thanks to Alicia Silverstone.

And then this happens.

I forgot MTV used to actually have music and be entertaining.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
What a shitty headline to wake up to today, I hoped i was reading it wrong when I saw it. Not just a great singer, but easily the most talented musical creator from that scene. I loved songs from almost everything he worked on.. ToD, Soundgarden, Audioslave, movie singles, and some of his solo stuff.

I moved to Seattle a few years ago and was just thinking the other day I haven't even seen him live here yet, I need to do that soon. Fuck. I hope he and Layne start a new band up there.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Wrote this for Singles in like 1991? He didn't even know they had put it in Man of Steel 20+ years later until his son told him. Pretty cool.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw him one time at a small venue in Indianapolis when he was on his solo-gig stretches. It was one of those hotel/convention-center breakout rooms that maybe had 150 chairs in it. The guy's voice was truly one of a kind. He was BETTER in person than he even was on finished albums.

Very bummed.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm going with auto-erotic-asphyxiation gone wrong.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the body count on grunge/alternative lead singers is pretty high. however, metalhead lead singers live damn near forever.