RIP Chris Cornell

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
the body count on grunge/alternative lead singers is pretty high. however, metalhead lead singers live damn near forever.
do you think that has something to do with grunge singers being total pussies who can't handle the mosh pit lifestyle?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think most just pass with drug problems. Im betting that this is where cornell was struggling. alcohol, drugs, man they cost so many good artists their lives.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think most just pass with drug problems. Im betting that this is where cornell was struggling. alcohol, drugs, man they cost so many good artists their lives.
Most good artists wouldnt have gotten to where they are without them so its a catch 22

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
do you think that has something to do with grunge singers being total pussies who can't handle the mosh pit lifestyle?
what? lead singers in the mosh pit? no, its because grunge singers cant handle the metal like our devil gods, Halford, Dickinson and Osbourne.

• 1Solidarity

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Cobain you knew it was coming
Layne you knew it was coming
Weiland you knew it was coming

Cornell ... ??? ??? ???

• 2Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
As an 18 year old, I most definitely did not know Cobain was coming.

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They were doing fun drugs like acid, lsd and cocaine. Chris drank and ate oxy like skittles for a while, but supposedly that's at least ten years behind him.

Sure, most of his catalog made him sound like a guy who had never had a happy day in his life. But it seemed he had turned that corner years ago. He sure seemed to be having fun at his Higher Truth shows.

EDIT: Past tense. God dammit.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Cobain you knew it was coming
Layne you knew it was coming
Weiland you knew it was coming

Cornell ... ??? ??? ???
all of these pale in comparison to the loss of Dave Williams, singer from Drowning Pool.

also let's not forget DJ AM, DJ from Crazy Town and pal of Travis Barker who was tragically killed from a combination of massive amounts of cocaine and being on an plane that exploded.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Thread needs the worf icon.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As an 18 year old, I most definitely did not know Cobain was coming.

Yeah cobain was a surprise. I mean the dude sang some fucked up shit, all moody, rape me my friends type of shit, but never expected for him to shotty himself.
But any of the others shooting heroine is like death sentence just a matter of time.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Yeah cobain was a surprise. I mean the dude sang some fucked up shit, all moody, rape me my friends type of shit, but never expected for him to shotty himself.
But any of the others shooting heroine is like death sentence just a matter of time.

We were all surprised when Courtney had him killed.

• 2Like

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Went from pissed that it was suicide to understanding since he was in Detroit.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
all of these pale in comparison to the loss of Dave Williams, singer from Drowning Pool.

also let's not forget DJ AM, DJ from Crazy Town and pal of Travis Barker who was tragically killed from a combination of massive amounts of cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, and being on an plane that exploded.

FTFY

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I really hate the reminder of how appropriate Drowning Pool's hit has proven to be.

Especially after the goddamn thing was used in EVERY VIDEO GAME YOUTUBE EVER.

Shut the fuck up Dave, people keep dying.

Oh, wait, right.