RIP Paul Walker

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have Google Map coordinates on where the crash happened? Curious to see what the road looks like.

lost_sl said:
Guess it is a real race car.
Yeah, that shit is stupid. Just because Porsche paid out the 350k doesn't mean the car is inherently unsafe. It means Porsche didn't want to spend money defending itself, and 350k isn't all that much money in comparison to the potential legal costs of defending the suit. Many similar cars have little or no stability control (different from traction control, which the Carrera GT does have). I mean fuck, the Dodge Viper didn't have fucking ABS brakes until recently. Here's Jeremy Clarkson complaining that a Ferrari F360 has traction control (again, the GT DOES have traction control, but not stability control) back in 1999 because it detracts from the "purity" of the driving experience:Clarkson on: the Ferrari 360 Modena - BBC Top Gear

A 360 in its 'sport' setting feels exactly the same as the 355 in 'comfort'. And why, pray, does a 360 have traction control? I thought the whole point of a Ferrari was that you spent your time not only fighting the road but the machine itself.

Wading into battle with a silicone nanny tips the balance too heavily in the driver's favour. It's like putting NATO up against the poor old Serbs. They never stood a chance.

Needless to say, I turned the traction control off within six seconds of starting the engine...
All the more reason to respect the power of the car and not drive like an asshole, because a computer isn't going to step in and save you when the ass end comes out on a corner. Sucks about the dude dying on the track, but it also mentions they were avoiding another car. Most track events for amateurs are NOT actual races. You can only pass on the straights after the guy in front waves you by, etc, because it's so fucking expensive to insure an actual racing event, because it's really fucking dangerous and you just know people are going to sue when shit goes wrong. So I would imagine the circumstances of the accident go a lot further than "OH MY GOD THE CAR DOESN'T HAVE STABILITY CONTROL AND IT JUST FLEW IN TO A WALL AT 100 MPH BY ITSELF."

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Also apparently his girlfriend is only 23 and he started dating her when he was 33(she was 16).

rrr_img_51987.jpg