RIP Paul Walker

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Meanwhile he spent 10000000x as much on himself and his toys (like the Porsche he died in). You can't try and make it out like he's some champion for mankind who dedicated his life to helping everybody, especially when most rich people use that shit to avoid paying taxes anyways.

conexes

Molten Core Raider
Mark 12:38-44 anyone?

But seriously, I think he was pretty HOT, and the community can agree that his career was ON FIRE. Most gays wished he was FLAMING, and I for one feel like Hollywood will be a SMOKING crater without him.

ahuehue

us820

Silver Squire
"Believe what you read on the internet,that car was going no more than 45mph." Abe Lincoln

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but it would not surprise me the studio bigwigs are pressuring the police to come to a conclusion that was not "racing and reckless driving" the funny part is if they say some bullshit like the car is unsafe for the road or malfunctioned, porsche is going to lose their shit and will probably conduct their own investigation and then we will see what their results are.

kudos

<Banned>
im not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but it would not surprise me the studio bigwigs are pressuring the police to come to a conclusion that was not "racing and reckless driving" the funny part is if they say some bullshit like the car is unsafe for the road or malfunctioned, porsche is going to lose their shit and will probably conduct their own investigation and then we will see what their results are.
Most euro car companies will not release info from black boxes not even to the police. There is a reason behind it but I don't exactly remember what it is.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The lead designer or engineer of the Carrera GT was interviewed about the car and he actually didn't even want it to go out the door without traction control. He basically said it's way too out of control without it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
was gonna say... porche has already gone on record saying that model was unwieldy... it's not like people are going to find out that it was mechanical failure and go "I'M NEVER BUYING A PORCHE AGAIN!"

iannis

Musty Nester
Sounds like some fuckery is going on there. cars, even supercars dont usually just fly off the road and explode at 45mph.
So what you're saying is that the CIA assassinated him because of his pivotal role in the upcoming NSA movie?

I'm just asking questions here.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol, no im not saying jack ruby sniped him from the grassy knoll. just saying that cars just dont up and 'asplode' when driving at 45 mph. crash yeah, people die, yes, but if you watch that aftermath video with the vatos in the ricer, there are porsche nibblies all over the place. that thing blew the fuck up like a bomb. only way thats gonna happen is if its going fast enough for the fuel cell to rupture almost instantly igniting. how the fuck else does something like that happen?

iannis

Musty Nester
Those cars are made of fiberglass, tin, and nylon fishing line pretty much. You hit a light pole going 20 miles an hour the car is going to crumple. I guess if you hit one going 45 it will fling your side mirrors into the field.

It not that hard for me to credit there being porche niblets strewn in a 30 yard arc. Remember your drivers-ed videos. Kinetic energy is a BITCH. Hitting the treewasthe explosion.

Edit: Remember the pentagon 9/11 pictures too. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PLANE? Same thing really. We don't see this often enough to have realistic expectations of what the physical aftermath will look like. Maybe guys that served a couple of months spotting roadside IEDs in Iraq or whatever do, but not the rest of us chuckleheads.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Holy fuck Astrocreep is by far one of the worst posters on the entire forum, is there anything he has got right in his rush to douche bag judgement? Couldn't run over a beer can without doing damage to the vehicle but for some reason hitting a tree at 45mph wouldn't cause the damage that occurred.

Just shut the fuck up and go away.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Those cars are made of fiberglass, tin, and nylon fishing line pretty much. You hit a light pole going 20 miles an hour the car is going to crumple. I guess if you hit one going 45 it will fling your side mirrors into the field.

It not that hard for me to credit there being porche niblets strewn in a 30 yard arc. Remember your drivers-ed videos. Kinetic energy is a BITCH. Hitting the treewasthe explosion.

Edit: Remember the pentagon 9/11 pictures too. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PLANE? Same thing really. We don't see this often enough to have realistic expectations of what the physical aftermath will look like. Maybe guys that served a couple of months spotting roadside IEDs in Iraq or whatever do, but not the rest of us chuckleheads.
yeah but wouldnt the kinetic energy throw all the debris in front of the porsche? thought they rolled up on debris and then the porsche was in front of it all? maybe the car was coming the other way? and that fuel cell wouldnt be made of fiberglass would it? i had a few fuel cells replaced and those things are pretty heavy gauge steel you would need a fuckload of force to rupture that thing. anyway i see Burnem is rustled, so ill wait to see what the final police conclusion is. if they say it was a freak accident and porsche careera GTs have a design flaw that makes them fly off roads and blow the fuck up at 45mph then ill burn a candle in paul's name.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol

slide_327732_3173331_free.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Iannis_sl said:
You forgot titanium, magnesium, carbon fiber, steel, aluminum and so on. While the body of the car is lightweight, the frame and mechanical aspects of it are incredibly strong, otherwise it would be a shitty car. Yet the thing was clearly wrapped around the tree, the frame obviously completely bent or broken. Like I said, I'll be really curious to look at the accident report.

Paul Walker dead at 40: 2005 Porsche Carrera GT was racecar fast, but had cutting-edge safety features - NY Daily News

Many unanswered questions remain following the tragic deaths of Paul Walker and Roger Rodas, during a fiery accident in a 2005 Porsche Carrera GT supercar. But any suggestion that this 605-horsepower Porsche is unsafe, or too powerful for public roads, only proves how quickly sensationalism can blur fact.
Built to be extremely rigid and lightweight, the Carrera GT's carbon-fiber chassis weighs only 220 lbs. Porsche used steel reinforcements for the car's windshield, along with steel and aluminum crash absorbing structures at the front and rear of the car. Steel tubing was also used to reinforce the doors.

The fuel tank was centrally located, in a special aluminum drawer in the chassis located between the passenger compartment and the rear engine bay. This central location is used in many racecars, since it helps shield the tank from severe frontal or rear impacts.
We might never know for certain all the events that caused this terrible accident. But speculation that the car involved was inherently unsafe, or not suitable for roads, is completely baseless and inaccurate.
BurnemWyzfyre_sl said:
Couldn't run over a beer can without doing damage to the vehicle but for some reason hitting a tree at 45mph wouldn't cause the damage that occurred.
Are you fucking retarded? That talk of the beer can was meant as a goddamn joke or hyperbole to explain how unique and expensive the car is, should someone decide to blast over a speed bump, drive it down a gravel road, or hit a ramp at a parking garage or driveway straight on. Of fucking course it could drive over a beer can without sustaining significant damage.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Paul Walker crash: Why Porsche Carrera GT is not a car to mess with - CNN.com

And while some parts of the media seem determined to portray the Carrera GT as flawed or inherently dangerous, it's categorically not. While it's inevitable that questions will be asked in light of this week's tragic events, we need to wait until we have all the facts before reaching conclusions.

But the truth is that any car offering this extreme level of performance has to be treated with a corresponding degree of respect. Even experienced drivers like Anthony Hamilton, father of Formula 1 racer Lewis, have crashed Carrera GTs, and Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has described it as having a "savagery that's hard to explain."

The higher the limits are, the bigger the risks when you overstep them, so if you do lose control, you're likely to be traveling at mind-blowing speeds.
Paul Walker crash on CCTV: Video of Porsche GT spinning off road emerges | Mail Online

This comes as law enforcement look into the possibility that speed was a factor in Saturday's deadly crash - although it was Rodas and not Walker who was driving the Porsche super-car at the time.

In fact the impact from the crash was so fierce that debris from the Porsche destroyed parts of a landscape garden and shattered windows of buildings hundreds of feet away.

A property manager for a complex located more than 100ft from the scene told radaronline.com that the crash hit the building where he works.

'Debris flew down the hill into our parking lot,' said Melvin Termain. 'A tree got broken, it messed up a little of the landscaping.

'Debris flew up and hit the window in the furthest unit'.

'There were pieces of the car that flew into the parking lot next to the tree. Also, the front fascia of the building next to the crash was about three stories tall and made of glass,' said the driver to the Hollywood Reporter.

'I looked up and saw the crash broke the window at the top of the building.

'I thought, 'That must have been a sizeable crash.'
Maybe they weren't doing 150 mph when they crashed. But it certainly doesn't seem like they were doing 40 mph either for debris to be breaking windows and damaging property hundreds of feet away.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If any of you think that was a 45mph crash you're fucking retarded.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Paul Walker Death -- Porsches Been Sued Before Over Deadly Carrera GT | TMZ.com

Paul Walker wasn't the first to allegedly experience mechanical issues inside a Porsche Carrera GT -- TMZ has learned, the car company was sued over a deadly 2005 crash involving the same vehicle ... and it paid dearly in a massive settlement.

According to the lawsuit, two men (a driver and his passenger) were killed on a California race track while driving a 2005 Carrera GT ... hitting a wall at over 100 MPH while trying to avoid another car on the track.

The family of the passenger sued practically everyone involved in the accident for gross negligence -- and won $4.5 million in a giant settlement ... $350,000 of which was paid by Porsche.

The lawsuit alleged the GT didn't handle correctly on the track -- and according to the attorney for the victim's family, Craig McClellan ... sworn testimony from several Porsche experts confirmed a major design flaw with the GT is it doesn't have a Porsche Stability Management system.

We're told the PSMS uses a computer to correct the car if the rear end loses control -- and it is now required by law.

For Porsche's part, the company denied liability -- saying the car fully met federal safety standards at the time -- but it still paid its portion of the settlement to avoid further litigation.

It's unclear if Roger Rodas' Carrera GT had been fitted with a PSMS -- but McClellan says ZERO 2005 Carrera GTs (like Roger's) came off the assembly line with the system.

PSMS or not, it's worth noting the car has been a HUGE legal pain in the ass for Porsche. So far, Paul's family hasn't filed a lawsuit.

Read more:Paul Walker Death -- Porsches Been Sued Before Over Deadly Carrera GT | TMZ.com
Guess it is a real race car.