RIP Paul Walker

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
he handed off the keys to his supercar to a race driver to go speed and donut around on a public street, yes that is WRONG. i dont even think you could pull that shit on the autobahn. you are the moron sticking up for people that could have killed someone and was old enough to know better and rich enough he did not need to race on the street but did anyway. paul walker and good judgement do not go hand in hand and im not even going to get into his 7 year relationship with the 23 yr old girl.
You were there? Where is the transcript of what happened? Do you have that available? Do you know for a fact they were "racing"? I know they were traveling fast but as we already established it is a squirrely care to begin with and on top of that could be having sterring troubles.

You have a hatred for some man you don't know, don't have anything valid against, and who was a better person than you will ever be. The amount of work and money that man gave to charity makes your worthless life comparable to a mosquito.

I am not sticking up for anyone. What I am doing is saying that your stupid vendetta is beyond ridiculous. You are one of the stupidest people on this forum if not THE stupidest. You made some angry tirade about a man with zero information and then when corrected you are now on some crusade against pulling out of a parking lot fast.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I am not going to debate the level of fault Paul Walker had or did not have. I do find it hard to believe that he was a prisoner in his own car and that he was not complicit in anyway to the "hot dogging." They were careless and put other peoples lives in danger they died a stupid death doing a stupid thing. Is it sad when someone dies? Yes, but don't expect me to care much beyond "oh that is too bad." You will not see me at any candle light vigils for Paul Walker.

Now what is up with this 7 year relationship with a 23 year old? I am no mathematician but that puts her at 16 years of age at the start of the relationship.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I am not going to debate the level of fault Paul Walker had or did not have. I do find it hard to believe that he was a prisoner in his own car and that he was not complicit in anyway to the "hot dogging." They were careless and put other peoples lives in danger they died a stupid death doing a stupid thing. Is it sad when someone dies? Yes, but don't expect me to care much beyond "oh that is too bad." You will not see me at any candle light vigils for Paul Walker.

Now what is up with this 7 year relationship with a 23 year old? I am no mathematician but that puts her at 16 years of age at the start of the relationship.
Candlelight vigils for him I am not OK with either. Doesn't change the fact that chuk is a moron who thought that the driver was just some random dude with zero skill.

The girlfriend is chuk reading dailymail. They are the only people reporting about it or that care. Basically he met a chick that was 16 when he was 33. They started dating. Do with that information what you will.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
a_skeleton_03_sl said:
I know they were traveling fast but as we already established it is a squirrely care to begin with
Yeah, I don't think that's been established at all. There are plenty of mid/rear engined cars with similar power and weight characteristics on the road, like the Audi R8, Ferrari F360/430/458, every other Porsche and Lotus on the road, and so on. The only reason you might consider the car "squirrely" is because it's so powerful. Well guess what, if you don't drive it like an asshole, it's not squirrely. My dad owns a F430, Carrera GT, and 911 GT2 and he's managed to not wrap a single one around a tree.

It's a shitty situation, and I don't think Walker "deserved" it or anything. But the fact is, he hopped in a car with a buddy who drove the piss out of it, likely with Walker's tacit approval if not encouragement. Thankfully no one else was hurt.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, I don't think that's been established at all. There are plenty of mid/rear engined cars with similar power and weight characteristics on the road, like the Audi R8, Ferrari F360/430/458, every other Porsche and Lotus on the road, and so on. The only reason you might consider the car "squirrely" is because it's so powerful. Well guess what, if you don't drive it like an asshole, it's not squirrely. My dad owns a F430, Carrera GT, and 911 GT2 and he's managed to not wrap a single one around a tree.

It's a shitty situation, and I don't think Walker "deserved" it or anything. But the fact is, he hopped in a car with a buddy who drove the piss out of it, likely with Walker's tacit approval if not encouragement. Thankfully no one else was hurt.
If that driver couldn't handle the car it was squirrely. I am talking the specific car and not the entire line. There are already reports coming out that this specific car had a steering fluid leak and other issues.

Like I said I will wait for the "car autopsy" before I weigh in much further.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Candlelight vigils for him I am not OK with either. Doesn't change the fact that chuk is a moron who thought that the driver was just some random dude with zero skill.

The girlfriend is chuk reading dailymail. They are the only people reporting about it or that care. Basically he met a chick that was 16 when he was 33. They started dating. Do with that information what you will.
Let the fapping commence?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
If that driver couldn't handle the car it was squirrely. I am talking the specific car and not the entire line. There are already reports coming out that this specific car had a steering fluid leak and other issues.

Like I said I will wait for the "car autopsy" before I weigh in much further.
Ah, fair enough. I thought you were saying that the car itself, even when mechanically sound, is dangerous or difficult to drive. I mean, in a lot of people's hands it is, but the same can be said of any car that has a 0-60 time of less than 6 seconds. And even professional drivers can fuck up, from time to time. I don't know if this guy was even considered a "professional", though. Sounded more like a very experienced amateur.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Ah, fair enough. I thought you were saying that the car itself, even when mechanically sound, is dangerous or difficult to drive. I mean, in most people's hands it is, but the same can be said of any car that has a 0-60 time of less than 6 seconds.
Eh, dunno

Obviously I am not rich enough (unlike Eomer, cough cough) to drive a Carrera GT but they are apparently extremely difficult to drive?

Paul Walker dead: Porsche warning over Carrera GT which Fast Furious actor died in - this vehicle cannot drive over a Foster Beer can that is lying on its side? without being damaged - Mirror Online

Porsche sent a warning to US dealers saying the car actor Paul Walker died in had "all the disadvantages of a racecar".

A memo sent to an American car showroom revealed how incredibly powerful the ?300,000 Carrera GT is for driving on standard roads, but also that "this vehicle cannot drive over a Foster Beer can that is lying on its side" without being damaged.

In a warning to those selling the car published by TMZ, it said: "The Carerra GT is as close to a racecar as we will ever get. The car has all the disadvantages of a racecar. You need help negotiating small inclines. You need to be aware of what type of road surface you are on."

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The CCTV video was not real time. It was sped up quite a bit. Even sliding into a pole at 45 mph in a car like that could result in tragedy. It took a while before the car engulfed itself in flames, too. It's a mid engine, short, V10, 600hp, RWD vehicle. Though I'm not disillusioned knowing that vehicle would be nearly impossible to keep under 45. The same is true of vehicles with half that kind of power...
Cars do not explode into flames from 30-40mph impacts. Nor do 30-40mph impacts render you into hamburger.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
What about the Tesla-S?
Whataboutthe Tesla S?

The Mission of Tesla | Blog | Tesla Motors

Press in "what bleeds, leads" shocker.
biggrin.png

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Yup he was 33 and she was 16. She was 19 when they got engaged! Paul Walker is my idol. I hope I don't die at 40!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Eh, dunno

Obviously I am not rich enough (unlike Eomer, cough cough) to drive a Carrera GT but they are apparently extremely difficult to drive?

Paul Walker dead: Porsche warning over Carrera GT which Fast Furious actor died in - this vehicle cannot drive over a Foster Beer can that is lying on its side? without being damaged - Mirror Online
It's a difficult car to drive,when you're driving it fast and pushing it to it's limits.If you are driving it at legal or near legal speeds, it's not going to suddenly go sideways on you. While I haven't driven the Carrera GT (and I think my dad is selling it, sadly), I did take his GT2 out for half a dozen laps at a track. It's fairly similar in power/performance, and some argue it's actually faster, and that day was the first day I'd ever tracked a car (I'd been driving my own car the rest of the day). I also managed not to kill myself or wrap it around a tree,because I didn't push my luck and do anything stupid.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
he handed off the keys to his supercar to a race driver to go speed and donut around on a public street, yes that is WRONG. i dont even think you could pull that shit on the autobahn. you are the moron sticking up for people that could have killed someone and was old enough to know better and rich enough he did not need to race on the street but did anyway. paul walker and good judgement do not go hand in hand and im not even going to get into his 7 year relationship with the 23 yr old girl.
on TMZ:

Paul showed up Saturday for a fundraiser at Always Evolving -- Roger Rodas' high end auto shop that specializes in exotic cars. Paul had a stake in the shop.

Sources connected to Roger tell TMZ when Paul arrived ... Roger was watching one of his employees try in vain to back the Carrera GT into the shop, but it kept stalling. Roger decided to take matters into his own hands ... told the worker to get out and took the wheel himself.

As Roger began to back into the garage ... Paul came up and said he hadn't driven in the Porsche yet -- so he jumped in the passenger seat and they took a 20 minute drive.

Read more:Paul Walker -- How He Ended Up in Death Car | TMZ.com
I think you mean, he hopped in a car that he didnt own. It seems to insinuate here Roger owned it, but it also says they both were partners in this racing shop so maybe the shop owned it. Either way it says Paul had never been in the car, so he didnt hand off keys to his friend. His friend who supposedly is a professional driver of porsche cars owns it and/or had driven it. Although another TMZ article says it was barely driven and always kept for show. I mean the cops are saying now there are no stories yet of another car, so perhaps they just went for a spin but if you read other TMZ articles it says he had friends running up to the fire to get him out, so obviously there were people following him.

Also just saw this article, cops are stating he was only going 45 mph. Interesting
Paul Walkers Death: NBC News Says Porsche Sped Into Curve (Report) - The Hollywood Reporter

Andrew Blankstein, a former Los Angeles Times police reporter who now works for NBC News, took to Twitter with the network's latest news on the crash, posting "Porsche traveling approx. 45 mph near curve where speed limit dropped to about 15 mph. source tells @NBCInvestigates."
An L.A. County Sheriff's Department spokesperson told THR that they could not confirm that NBC News information, and were not aware of any 15 mph speed limit in that area.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sounds like some fuckery is going on there. cars, even supercars dont usually just fly off the road and explode at 45mph.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You have a hatred for some man you don't know, don't have anything valid against, and who was a better person than you will ever be. The amount of work andmoneythat man gave to charity makes your worthless life comparable to a mosquito.
Why do people always think that if a rich person gives $10,000 of their $50,000,000,000 to charity they are somehow a saint who deserves to be worshipped and such a better person than a poor person who gives $100 of their $500 to the same charity?

I also like how you say it makes Astro comparable to a mosquito while failing to neglect that it would also, by your definition, make you an equally worthless pile of shit (so why the fuck should we care about your worthless opinion)?

Edit: Or are you implying you have given at least as much to charity as anyone else on the planet?