Road House remake... God damn it

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be honest as much as I love road house I wouldn't really care if they remade it. What I'm peeved about is Rousey... she is a shit actress and unless they make her get down to her weigh in weight an ugly bloated bitch.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
To be honest as much as I love road house I wouldn't really care if they remade it. What I'm peeved about is Rousey... she is a shit actress and unless they make her get down to her weigh in weight an ugly bloated bitch.
Same here. But I'm hopeful that this finally cements in every fanboy's (and more importantly, studio execs) head that Rousey is absolutely terrible in every way, and stops clamoring to put her into every fucking movie under the sun.

Sterling

El Presidente
The original was a awful movie that was fun. This is just going to be bad. Rousey is terrible and I don't think anyone has said otherwise in any of the threads it's come up in.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
If they were so confident in letting Rousey star in a movie why not create something new for her. Attaching her to Road House is only gonna put off a lot of fans of the original and the hate will spread from there.

Devlin

Golden Squire
If they were so confident in letting Rousey star in a movie why not create something new for her. Attaching her to Road House is only gonna put off a lot of fans of the original and the hate will spread from there.
So about 12 people get pissed off, big deal.

First movie was shit, least Rousey is a fighter.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would rather have a good actor who can portray coregraphed fights than a good fighter who is a shit actor because when it comes down to it the fight scenes are acting not real fighting. Being a real fighter might help the moves look real but If she can't act it probably still won't come off good. I.e. furious 7.

I say this realizing this movie isn't for me it is for all the kids I work with who won't watch anything made before they were born.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So about 12 people get pissed off, big deal.

First movie was shit, least Rousey is a fighter.
Even shit movies can hold a special place in people's hearts/memories. Did you see it when it came out in theaters? I did, and I loved it, because the movies of that time lent themselves to over the top action and cheese. Is it a good movie? Of course not. But I still love it, and would gladly watch it again if it happened to be on.

Now, I won't get pissed off that they are remaking it, and I'm generally not the one talking about my childhood being raped like some others, but my hatred of Rousey is legendary, so no matter what movie they happened to put her in next, I'd be against it. I'd have preferred her next movie be an original, or a remake that I didn't have any personal liking for though, because if they have to remake something like Roadhouse, I'd rather not be immediately predisposed to hate it solely based on her involvement.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
The remakes make me sad but whatever, this was inevitable..

I do look forward to seeing what style of club/bar they have her work at. the rednecks in the first one were awesome, but i bet they change it up.

iannis

Musty Nester
Swazye was a ballet dancer for like 10 years. I wonder if the MMA woman has the same skillset for choreographed dance.

She might. I just wonder.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoy Roadhouse for what it is. It's not a masterpiece though so I don't give a crap about this remake. It will be a hot mess and best ignored.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who gives a fuck? Road House is exactly the kind of movie they should be remaking in stupid and weird ways. It's not Godfather. It's not even Point Break, it's about a 5'3" bouncer and it's filled with horrible acting and dialogue. It's fertile ground for this kind of fuckery. Whine about Ghostbusters and the like all day. Road House? They should remake it every year with a different sex/ethnicity in the lead.

You fucks are all weeping like little bitches who are in pain from a goochkick and you're forgetting the greatest lesson Dalton taught the world.

Pain don't hurt.

Be nice!

until its time for you to not be nice.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bet they cast Melissa McCarthy as Wade and Chris Hemsworth as Kelly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What I don't get is isn't there enough design space about 'underdog bar bouncer taking out the trash' to not have a straight up remake? This is the bullshit that upsets me. I could care less if they want to do really good remakes of a specific story and character (ala True Grit) but what is the point of this? I mean it's not even a 'classic', just a minor cult movie that made it into a Family Guy episode because of its over-the-top 80s violence.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I disagree on it not being a classic but everything else I agree I doubt it will even be all that similar they are just using the name to hopefully pull in more people with recognition.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's gonna be epic and make 300 million. Same with Ghostcuntsters. Then they will do a crossover movie and it will break 1 billion domestic. Str0 will kill himself. His death will be the only negative to come of these.