Road House

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is it even "cleaning up" if it requires extreme lighting and the perfect angle? Even then she's still ugly, just less ugly than trigglypuff

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Can't wait. I'll watch it no matter what, but:

1. Will there be a throat rip?

2. Who TF is playing Wade Garrett? Let it be Sam Eliot again!

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm surprised they didn't cast Timothee Chalamet or Ben Mendelsohn. Sometimes I forget Hollywood has more than 2 actors.
not enough jewish actors to go around

edit: never mind, chalamet and mendelsohn are jewish. there's not enough diversity in jewish actors. needs more jewish diversity in jewish actors jewing jewish jews.

did i mention jews?

jewish.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now the director is going retarded too.
Yet the situation is reportedly a bit more complicated, with at least one report saying Liman was originally offered the opportunity to make the film for $60 million with a theatrical release and instead accepted an $85 million budget under the condition that it would exclusively go to streaming.
Don't sign a contract if you don't like the terms, throwing a tantrum is not going to change what you signed.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I can believe that he signed the 85m contract with some general bullshittery about how if he did a super awesome special job maaaaaaaaaybe there would be a theatrical release but he signed the contract he signed. Depending on how those conversations went and for how long some salt might be warranted but I'm not sure a boycott does anything other than convey you're a pain in the ass to work with.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Old one, great.
"This was all dry land before he showed up...."

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I can believe that he signed the 85m contract with some general bullshittery about how if he did a super awesome special job maaaaaaaaaybe there would be a theatrical release but he signed the contract he signed. Depending on how those conversations went and for how long some salt might be warranted but I'm not sure a boycott does anything other than convey you're a pain in the ass to work with.

Theaters should just fucking die already, there is zero reason movies shouldn’t be straight up Video on Demand day one. These faggos crying about it are dinosaurs who need to accept they are fucking blockbuster video.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wasn't horrific but the OG version still better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie is not good, I'm about 30 minutes in and it's a good thing that it's streaming only. Directing, cinematography, dialogue are so bad.

It just keeps getting worse, I really don't know what they were thinking making it

Tapped out 40 minutes in.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is not good, I'm about 30 minutes in and it's a good thing that it's streaming only. Directing, cinematography, dialogue are so bad.

It just keeps getting worse, I really don't know what they were thinking making it

It's clear you have yet to develop a taste for the finer things in life.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>

I finished it probably 30 or less. Best part of streaming is you can skip all the bullshit and find the worthwhile stuff.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This was a bad fucking movie, but in a fun bad way. It’s just pure cheese it’s pure dogshit but it doesn’t take anything seriously and the Conner parts are the best, the acting is so bad it damn near feels like his lines are dubbed.

10/10 on the Cheese Meter

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was a bad fucking movie, but in a fun bad way. It’s just pure cheese it’s pure dogshit but it doesn’t take anything seriously and the Conner parts are the best, the acting is so bad it damn near feels like his lines are dubbed.

Ok I thought my audio sync was off on certain parts. It was streaming so I knew it wasn't a bad download. I shut it off somewhere around 40 minutes so I never saw Conor. I was happy to remember Land of Bad is out for download or buy. Hopefully FoH reviews hold up to expectations

Is Conor in the movie much? I was waiting to see his scene

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Said the same thing a few months ago from the trailer. I said Conor seems to have added all his lines via ADR/dubbing to clean them up. Seems I was right about that.

It's slightly off sometimes by a few milliseconds and gives an uncanny feeling to Conor's acting. But yeah I don't expect a non-actor to be able to deliver lines with the exact tone and pitch that the script calls for during scenes that require him to behave like a monkey. Like you said it adds to the B movie vibe and cheese which works in a fun way.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ok I thought my audio sync was off on certain parts. It was streaming so I knew it wasn't a bad download. I shut it off somewhere around 40 minutes so I never saw Conor. I was happy to remember Land of Bad is out for download or buy. Hopefully FoH reviews hold up to expectations

Is Conor in the movie much? I was waiting to see his scene

Nope it's just ADR. They mic him up in post-production in a booth and have him re-record all his lines.

Sometimes they will bring in a voice actor to back up the actor as a reference when doing ADR (Or outright replace the actor completely, as in Gina Carano's case in Haywire), but in this circumstance it sounds like Conor did his own ADR work based on the limited amount of video I've seen of the movie.