Robocop - Remake

Jobitz_sl

shitlord
I'm sure this has been addressed already but a PG-13 Rating!? If Paul Verhoeven was alive today he'd be rolling in his grave...

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider

so....some of you still think it's gonna be good?
Was that.... bullet dodging? I mean let's just ignore the fact that robots have the accuracy of stormtroopers standing next to a barn wall but did the guy really fire where Robocops head was and he saw and had time to move?

And pain.. more pain then he's ever felt? Man in a suit you guys got it right.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok someone explain this to me. You have the chance to put a man into a permanent cyborg suit/exoskeleton whose function isdesignedto be on the front lines taking the punishment and soaking up the damage.

Why would you want them to be able to feel pain?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Are you guys retarded?

"Everything but your life support will shutdown, so more pain than you've ever felt in your life"

The implication is that the suit holds back any pain he would feel.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you guys retarded?

"Everything but your life support will shutdown, so more pain than you've ever felt in your life"

The implication is that the suit holds back any pain he would feel.
Now logically speaking the suit is shutting the pain off when it's active? What with magic? Just assuming the possibly of transferring someone into a cyborg suit was possible one of the FIRST things they would have to do is disconnect all pain receptors before the transferee dies from the pain every one of his cut nerve endings is sending to his brain. I know this is all "movie magic" BS but what sounds more likely. Rewiring god knows how many nerve endings to work with a cyborg suit and manage endless false pain messages or cutting off all pain receptors and tapping into well known brain/spine nodes and teaching/learning movements through those electrical impulses?

Not that either of those would be easy but the number of nerves we are talking about have to be in the millions or more right?

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Now logically speaking the suit is shutting the pain off when it's active? What with magic? Just assuming the possibly of transferring someone into a cyborg suit was possible one of the FIRST things they would have to do is disconnect all pain receptors before the transferee dies from the pain every one of his cut nerve endings is sending to his brain. I know this is all "movie magic" BS but what sounds more likely. Rewiring god knows how many nerve endings to work with a cyborg suit and manage endless false pain messages or cutting off all pain receptors and tapping into well known brain/spine nodes and teaching/learning movements through those electrical impulses?

Not that either of those would be easy but the number of nerves we are talking about have to be in the millions or more right?
You're nitpicking beyond reason because you want to hate the movie before seeing it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is not the year to be robocop, since september (up to issue 6 now) there is a 8issue series called robocop last stand. It's basically frank millar's robocop 3 screenplay. And it's just as bad as the fucking movie. The way it's reading... the really really really bad robocop 3 pg-13 movie wasn't a bad adaptation. sure there's 2 more issues left, but it's been really sucky so far... i mean it's really bad when i think robocop3 movie isn't bad compared to this comic series.

that's what i'm thinking of this remake... can it be better than robocop 3 at least? (i don't even have robocop3 in my trilogy collection, it'll forever be an empty spot)

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That clip with the ED-209's gave me flashbacks to the first G.I. Joe movie.
frown.png

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
And wow with those 2 clips, they've really missed the point with Robocop's body weight / movements.

Robocop doesn't jump and flip and gymnast like that in a fight.

Robocop is a fucken tank. He walks slowly and deliberately into danger and harm's way, each footstep a loud and confident "CLUNK""CLUNK""CLUNK", yeah the bad guys will get to shoot at him, at will. But that doesn't matter HE'S ROBOCOP!! He takes the hits, registers that all these guys are guilty. And when he's ready, he gets his turn and wipes them out.