Robocop - Remake

an accordion_sl

shitlord
How dumb are you guys to assume they changed the suit color completely off of one still?

rrr_img_51925.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So they still have the black armor but they have him wear the silver stuff for extra protection? Basically a big screen protector for thr galaxy s

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I can't stand the "hand"
Because in a sense, the corporation has to sell the idea that this robot is still a man and can be accountable. How do I greet you as a man? You shake his right hand. There's a marketing reason for it [in the world]. There's also a whole commentary on marketing. When they're building RoboCop, they're thinking like they would sell a computer from Apple or something. They run focus groups to find out how he looks.
ehhhh

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It makes me think of him as a guy in a armoured suit instead of the brains of a guy turned into a cyborg.Plus human hands are frail and a big weakness for him in a fight.
Emobot
THIS.it looks like at the end of the day,he can take it off and go home.

Siliconemelons

Also in the orig, wasnt there something along the lines of - we cant just go making tons of robo cops - the reason why it worked the first time was because his body was desperatly trying to stay alive and it "clicked" or somesuch- this one it looks like they should just take everyone into the shop and suit em up.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This discussion about the suit is akin to "knees too sharp" criticisms.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also in the orig, wasnt there something along the lines of - we cant just go making tons of robo cops - the reason why it worked the first time was because his body was desperatly trying to stay alive and it "clicked" or somesuch- this one it looks like they should just take everyone into the shop and suit em up.
from the movies as (this is a plot point of robocop2) they tried many unsuccessful attempts at having a new robo, they basically said it was alex murphy's psyche, his sense of duty, roman catholic that kept him going.

i couldn't find better youtubes

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in the original isnt there a scene where the one doctor say they can save his arm and that ocp prick says lose the arm?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea it was something like

doctor - we can save the right arm

prick - i thought we agreed on total body protesys, (prostetics) loose the arm. or something.

can't find youtubes for it, but it's right before they bring out his new titanium arm, the prick shakes the arm/hand (kinda crushes him) and he says to alex, your gonna be one bad mutherfucker.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, the OCP prick even though he was a prick was right. you cant stick a flesh and bones hand/arm on a full metal robotic suit. it would easily be the weakest part of it and a major design flaw.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah true, suit of armor and you've got your fucken hand waving about for people to shoot at.

Even in the original, with his helmet on, his lower face is visible, but he's all robot. They only used his brain.

What the OCP guy says: "I thought we agreed on total body prosthesis, now lose the arm okay!"

So when you see the actors face, but it was made up to look rubbery for a reason. An 80's film budget way to do it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its because he is still mostly intact. the original robocop was just a brain, eyeballs and a spinal column. when he battled caine he was able to get shot by armor piercing bullets and fall off buildings and not flinch. this new chump is just in a suit totally negating the tone of robocop.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
at least the "fap hand" is intact. lol
and from what i can observe,they are even remaking the scene when ed-209 tries to destroy robocop...trying to appeal oldschool fans,huh?