Robocop - Remake

khalid

Unelected Mod
This movie is destined to be hated by the nerd reich regardless of how good it is. I grew up in the 80s, so I have a shitload of nostalgia for the original Robocop myself. It came out when I was 13 and it was pretty much the greatest thing ever. However, this movie has an incredible cast, it has modern special effects (even at the time, Robocop's special effects were dated) and the trailer looks great. I am going to give it a fair shot.

Column_sl

shitlord
Did no one watch the trailer?
They are not re creating the original Robocop storyline...

Its clear that this company wants to extend there profits by bringing in robots to the states, but the populace has outlawed it due to fear.
So to they make a new cyborg that is supposed to act HUMAN.

Alll this shit about he acts too human makes no god damn sense.

Everyone wants to relate it too the first film which it's clear they are doing something different with the story.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah a movie named robocop being compared to another movie called robocop. jesus christ guys listen to column you nazis!

Column_sl

shitlord
Chuk you are an idiot.

If you are bitching ,and complaining that the robocop in this movie should be the same as the robocop in the previous movie then get your head examined.

It is not a direct remake, they are just taking aspects of the previous movie, and making something completely different.
The character in this Movie is supposed to act human..It's the whole point of that corporation trying to quell the fears of the populace so they can move in ,and deregulate robot laws in the states.

I could maybe understand if this movie was trying to mirror the original, but it clearly is not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
actually it seems like you have the problem when people are comparing robocop with robocop. if the story is so different then they wouldnt need to name it robocop and include characters and the main premise of a corporation having robots keep detroit safe. but go on and tell us how different it is because the good looking doofus in a smartphone case is supposed to look like a good looking doofus in a smartphone case.

Column_sl

shitlord
if the story is so different then they wouldnt need to name it robocop and include characters and the main premise of a corporation having robots keep detroit safe
The new story is so vastly different from the original...

And why shouldn't they call it Robocop?? hes a robot cop....

Should they call it Verizoncop?

Android Cop
PS10
Almostrobocop
ElectroGuy
TechnoMan
ElectricBoogaloo

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Its clear they are trying to reinvent robocop by openly mocking everything people loved about the original, though im not sure how well alienating the people they want to come see their film will work out for them. They wouldnt have these problems if they just named the movie something else. Electric boogaloo works for me.
wink.png

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm amazed at the analysis that has been provided based on that very short trailer.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit, that trailer makes it seem a whole bunch better. If it was actually an original idea for a brand new movie concept, I wouldn't have a problem at all. PG-13 still limits it greatly, I'm sick of how terrified Hollywood has become of the R rating for many movies these days.

But like most of you, it still looks like garbage in many ways because you can't help but compare it to the profane, violent, quirky original Paul Verhoeven cult classic. That's just the way it is. As soon as Hollywood lets filmmakers take chances on unusual, unproven and original projects again let me know. Until then expect frequent mocking of all their rehashes and remakes.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should they call it Verizoncop?
Fuck, I never thought of it but I'm actually shocked this hasn't become widespread already.

"Verizon Wireless presents Robocop, available in stunning Frito-Lay 3D and coming to a TD Ameritrade IMAX location near you!"

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so... you want some of us NOT to compare with the original,even though the concept of this movie already exists,including the fucking title? LOL
if it was something new,fresh,i would give a try.but this reboot is what i already told about hollywood these days,they have no idea how to make something original,so they just recycle great movies from the past.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so... you want some of us NOT to compare with the original,even though the concept of this movie already exists,including the fucking title? LOL
if it was something new,fresh,i would give a try.but this reboot is what i already told about hollywood these days,they have no idea how to make something original,so they just recycle great movies from the past.
Is English not your first language?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think we're all forgetting that the original Robocop shot a guy in the dick. In the dick, right after he was put into service.

PG-13 can't compare with that.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
The new Robocop's head/face bugs me. Looks like some regular dude shoved in a metal suit. The original Robocop was completely expressionless (well, in the first one anyway. I have no memories of the sequels). Peter Weller nailed the part.

Caliane

Fuck, I never thought of it but I'm actually shocked this hasn't become widespread already.

"Verizon Wireless presents Robocop, available in stunning Frito-Lay 3D and coming to a TD Ameritrade IMAX location near you!"
yeah, that is fantastic. if the makers had any real concept of what they SHOULD have been doing, yeah.
"Robocop: presented by Verizon Wireless" would have been an amazing title.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah, that is fantastic. if the makers had any real concept of what they SHOULD have been doing, yeah.
"Robocop: presented by Verizon Wireless" would have been an amazing title.
Damn that's a whole nother level, and you're right.