Rocket League - PS4/PC

Senaiel

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hmm thanks for the post Dandain. By those percentages that should be putting me near superstar in 2s which is gonna make me go all out for a champion title. Will be interesting to see how it affects the matchmaking regarding players who try to boost in 2s.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The underlying skill levels of all players remain unchanged, remember that, its not as if because it says you're 3 ranks higher that you are 3 ranks better than you were yesterday. However, .7 of a shitload of people may be doable if you're in that 1.5% of rank 12. I feel the same way. I do not quite know if I have the skill to get there ultimately, but it feels magically in reach more now than it did yesterday. I mostly feel satisfaction that I basically jumped to my season 2 rank max, in just a small sample of games. I absolutely know I'm better than three months ago. But if I play with any of my friends at all, I just lose rank incessantly under this new system. I now understand why the ranks were so easy to lose when all of the blue ranks were close to just 5% of all players. I went from rank 10 Div 3, down into rank 8 (season 3) with my friends multiple times who are all mid challenger or lower because of how brutal the new matchmaker is at least to my style of play. I have to up my game at just flat scoring my own goals to have a chance to hang on to my rank. Smurfing isn't useful at all in the way it used to be where you could recycle accounts to keep facing rank 9 (max) opponents even as a rank 15. I think that is another reason I believe its possible to sneak into the purple ranks this season. In previous seasons it wasn't occupied by only valid players, if all those smurfs are struggling in the low blue ranks its a lot of open space to move into.

I always like seeing distribution percentages, because it helps appreciate skill in context. It can be hard eating some incredible goals and just treading water at a certain division, seems impossible to bust through or do some of the silly shit you see.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That was also offset by the fact I was completely hammered when we would play. That didn't help either.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Wasn't implying you Ut, 3 other friends of mine that play from time to time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
May grab this for PS4 if it is that popular with the FoH crew as I missed the free version by a month or so for some reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I made champion in 2's solo, I'm sure zero people give zero fucks. Now I can retire for a few days.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Thanks, staying mentally stable, and always playing with my focus on the current game state was a huge part of the push for me. Not thinking about a miss or a teammates error was as important as hitting my shots by the end. Being able to shake off bad losses especially.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Well I made Champion in Standard 3's too, finished it off solo queue. This game is super great, Season 4 in April, a long time out. I'm good for coaching people up on concept and details of the game if anyone is interested (on PC). Don't be the last person on earth to play this game (with a controller).

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Is this worth picking up and playing as a newb on pc? I've played hots, and a ton of overwatch lately and I'm decent, not great. Not sure why I've stayed away from this one. I'm probably more of a casual weekend player and when I do there's copious amounts of beer consumed so I don't want to pick it up if I'm just going to get raped nonstop. I have a ps4 controller but I'd probably have to Bluetooth it if that's even possible, would that make sense?

Senaiel

Is this worth picking up and playing as a newb on pc? I've played hots, and a ton of overwatch lately and I'm decent, not great. Not sure why I've stayed away from this one. I'm probably more of a casual weekend player and when I do there's copious amounts of beer consumed so I don't want to pick it up if I'm just going to get raped nonstop. I have a ps4 controller but I'd probably have to Bluetooth it if that's even possible, would that make sense?

Game is totally worth picking up, especially for the price. I wouldn't worry to much aboiut your skill as the game will identify what bracket you belong in and match you with like players. Bluetoothing ps4s is possible but I have no idea how as I use a PS3 controller with usb. You can find a few of our steam names in this thread if you need any help or advice. Dandain and I would even play unranked with you :)

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I bought it, I suck... but it's fun. Waiting to play more until I figure my controller situation. My case is too far away to wire either theps3 or ps4 controller. Will try Bluetooth but I have my doubts.

Senaiel

How far is too far? They have 20 foot plus cables which I know may be an annoyance but they are still cheap.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still playing this. I'm still shit. Perpetual challenger 2/3. Just ahead of my real life friends I play with almost exclusively.

Any of you mooks on PS4 and want to drag my sorry ass up for blue ranks for the tires? Or just play at all really, don't give a shit if you're better or worse than me.

Name is: Tortugamang

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm still playing this. I'm still shit. Perpetual challenger 2/3. Just ahead of my real life friends I play with almost exclusively.

Any of you mooks on PS4 and want to drag my sorry ass up for blue ranks for the tires? Or just play at all really, don't give a shit if you're better or worse than me.

Name is: Tortugamang

I'll add you :) We can run through some 1v1's and 2v2's in non ranked and then move into ranked.

Have a headset?

Last edited: