Roseanne

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And just for the record this kind of "PC Culture" firing is nothing new. It's not a sign of the current times. Anybody remember Jimmy the Greek?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Listen, Im usually on the side of anjti SJW - but come on here. This was pretty blatant. Atbest she didnt mean it to be race related, but come on, you gotta think twice about calling any black person anything related to the word ape or monkey. Im not bothered by her statements, but im not a faggot. but I also have to look at it and say, yeah, not really any way to defend it. Pick your battles better.

Roseanne will be fine. People will move on in 4 days.

And for Roseanne to apologize, even shew knew the jig was up.

I do find it funny that 30 years ago it was Cnservatives freaking out about her Anthem antics. Shes gone ful spectrum and run afoul of everyone.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol in France you goto jail for comparin blacks to monkeys
6b22e8fce611ef51a10deddc0ede7cc6648b67c80999b6d87406c4f4392c1510.jpg

https://www.thelocal.fr/20140716/woman-jailed-for-likening-black-minister-to-a-monkey

Goatface

2017-18 TV season

Roseanne finished 1st with 19.9mil (gain of 6.4m from Live+Same Day) in the Live +7 numbers
and 2nd in Live +7 adults 18-49 with
5.7 (gain of 2.2 from Live+Same Day)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For anyone that didn't watch the series, it was all centered around healthcare.

It started w/ her bum knee and escalated to a desperate situation, spanning drugs, unions, illegal alien workers, backstabbing and a natural disaster that could destroy a family.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
SO Odds they let shit "blow over" then she pulls a mia culpa and they kick off season 2? I haven't watched an episode of this reboot/restart yet and still don't plan on it. But it will be interesting to see how far they'd bend the needle on their moral compass when ratings are on the line.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which... is only "offensive" if you think Val is black...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Now, sure - we all know now. Please tell me how you know she knew beforehand? Because she's claiming otherwise, and there's no reason not to believe her.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like the spin off is gonna make it. I will not be watching it without Roseanne. I actually hope the show fails without her.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looks like the spin off is gonna make it. I will not be watching it without Roseanne. I actually hope the show fails without her.
It's impossible for it to work, she is 90% of the show, w/ john goodman being 9% and everyone else splits 1%

Also how much creative control and writing did she have? cuz it does not seem like no black wanda sikes or lesbian gilbert wrote that season.

• 1Like

Goatface

apparently Gibert's and Goodman's new $350k per episode salaries for 2nd season will carry over to a spin off
don't see either of them having enough draw to make it a top show to justify that

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
apparently Gibert's and Goodman's new $350k per episode salaries for 2nd season will carry over to a spin off
don't see either of them having enough draw to make it a top show to justify that

the spin-off will probably last 1 full season. Unless the exec have the balls to cancel the show mid-season. But it won't get renewed for season 2. This whole spin-off is just a way to carry the staff, that got fucked in the ass by Rosanne, for one year so they have time find other jobs

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gilbert is in the view shilling non stop, so she is going to draw in however much of an angry lesbian cat lady demographic there is. Goodman is generally always fun to watch, but this is his first time back on network TV in a while so who knows what he brings with him, plus given his public statements I don't think his heart is in it without Barr involved.

• 1Like