Roseanne

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Hundreds of people, including grips, electricians, set dressers, costumers, makeup artists, assistant camera operators, assistant directors, production assistants, assistant editors, supervisors, color technicians, camera technicians, audio engineers, audio mixers and more that I don't care to list right now lost their jobs because of one person's comments. Never mind the fact that for a lot of these people, gigs like big studio TV shows (which usually have great job security and less than 12 hour workdays - things that are rare to find in the industry) do not come easy. Yeah Barr said awful things but I'm absolutely sick and disgusted by call-out culture and the decision to cancel the entire show over it.

It's so incredibly ridiculous that film/TV is the only industry where hundreds of people lose their job because one person said stupid shit in public.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
34017483_1826383170733926_3218230389441036288_n.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 2Salty
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hundreds of people, including grips, electricians, set dressers, costumers, makeup artists, assistant camera operators, assistant directors, production assistants, assistant editors, supervisors, color technicians, camera technicians, audio engineers, audio mixers and more that I don't care to list right now lost their jobs because of one person's comments. Never mind the fact that for a lot of these people, gigs like big studio TV shows (which usually have great job security and less than 12 hour workdays - things that are rare to find in the industry) do not come easy. Yeah Barr said awful things but I'm absolutely sick and disgusted by call-out culture and the decision to cancel the entire show over it.

It's so incredibly ridiculous that film/TV is the only industry where hundreds of people lose their job because one person said stupid shit in public.

Don't let Screamfeader hear you say that. He was arguing with me about that. Apparently since industry work is volatile they didn't actually lose their job. I think he might be one of the dumbest people on the board.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Roseanne did nothing wrong. Valerie Jarrett looks exactly like a female from The Planet of the Apes. It was a spot on insult of a scummy, treasonous political operative. Nothing about it was racist.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Why the hell is the President of the United States responding to a television show issue?
I'd look up when Obama did this shit and stupid comedy club skits but every time I see his face I feel obligated to execute another 10,000 liberals and with the millions already killed this month with Net Neutrality, the quota is already exceeded.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I detest this social/thought crime BS and it's truly pathetic how socially acceptable it's become to go after people like this.

Anyway I thought that the first 2 episodes of the show were quite good but completely lost interest a few episodes in mainly because the only characters I liked were the grandparents.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Another company punching itself in the dick to appease PC culture.

It was dumb, but just have her apologize and move on. She's a white trash comedian, not a senator

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Kneeling on a Football field? "FIRE THEM!"

Blatantly racist on twitter? "Oh get over it"

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Kneeling on a Football field? "FIRE THEM!"

Blatantly racist on twitter? "Oh get over it"

So you're implying that twitter is super serious business and that Roseanne was saying all black people look like monkeys. And apparently I called for people kneeling during the anthem to get fired.

Get your shit together, I thought you were smarter than this

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So you're implying that twitter is super serious business and that Roseanne was saying all black people look like monkeys. And apparently I called for people kneeling during the anthem to get fired.

Get your shit together, I thought you were smarter than this

It was a general statement pointing at nobody in particular. It just happened to come after your post.

I didn't quote you after all.

• 1Like