Roseanne

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Roseanne

Genre: Comedy

Cast: Roseanne Barr, John Goodman

Overview: A revival of the popular 1990s sitcom 'Roseanne,' which centered on the everyday life of an American working-class family.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

• 1Like

sukik

[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
pLTmZbCyyZZu80bzCdiq79hJQD2.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Roseanne[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]1988-10-18[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Roseanne is an American sitcom that was broadcast on ABC from October 18, 1988, to May 20, 1997. Starring Roseanne Barr, the show revolved around the Conners, an Illinois working-class family. The series reached #1 in the Nielsen ratings becoming the most watched television show in the United States from 1989 to 1990, and remained in the top four for six of its nine seasons, and in the top twenty for eight seasons.

In 1993, the episode "A Stash from the Past" was ranked #21 on TV Guide's 100 Greatest Episodes of All-Time. In 2002, Roseanne was ranked #35 on TV Guide's 50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
My little brother watched this a lot, I don't understand why though, the people on the show always appeared so miserable and lethargic, like they were struggingly just to finish their lines.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Show was really good for its time, haven't seen it recently to tell how it holds up. She did go a little crazy, though, and the last few seasons were really out there. Them winning the lottery can be explained by them just running out of ideas, but wtf was her taking out a train full of terrorists like Steven Seagal?

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
just cuz it came back, doesn't mean it's good, i mean this corpse has a season THREE!!!
fuller-house-season-2-factfile.jpg

• 1Barf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure how Fuller House is still around. Watched the first episode and after the nostalgia wore off I remembered it really wasn't a great show in the first place. It's also seemed targeted for an audience that wasn't even alive yet in order to be nostalgic about it in the first place.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Last season of Rosanne, where everything went crazy, was the titular character writing stories to help her cope with Dan dying. She never won the lottery. She never fought terrorists. Etc.

Final Episode Voiceover said:
"My writing’s really what got me through the last year after Dan died. I mean at first I felt so betrayed as if he had left me for another women. When you’re a blue-collar woman and your husband dies it takes away your whole sense of security. So I began writing about having all the money in the world and I imagined myself going to spas and swanky New York parties just like the people on TV, where nobody has any real problems and everything’s solved within 30 minutes. I tried to imagine myself as Mary Richards, Jeannie, That Girl. But I was so angry I was more like a female Steven Segal wanting to fight the whole world."

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

sukik

Man, sounds like the series went to the shitter. Think I'll hang on to my nostalgic goodfeels and avoid this.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fuller House is the worst written and acted show I've ever seen in my life

Rime

<Donor>
That and Roseanne had a great deal of clout with the last season. Ratings were down, but it was still one of the biggest shows in America. She tried to get a few different series off the ground, but the company wanted her to do more Roseanne and kept passing on any of the projects she wanted to direct. So she gave them all the finger and did whatever she wanted to and whatever she could get past the censor board.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Last season of Rosanne, where everything went crazy, was the titular character writing stories to help her cope with Dan dying. She never won the lottery. She never fought terrorists. Etc.

I don't believe for a second that someone didn't come up with that last minute and it definitely wasn't the plan for the whole season, but that's a cool little explanation.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Season 2-6 were pretty good. Season 7 it started going downhill along with her mental state and season 8-9 were nearly unwatchable. I think she recognized after the show how crazy the show made her.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I might give this a try. I used to watch the show back in the day, liked it quite a lot. It had been in re-runs here a couple of years ago and I watched quite a few and felt it still held up well.

Yeah but that last season was a bit odd.

And IIRC It was the final shot, showing the actual reality of her sitting at Dan's hospital bedside writing her 'happy place' novel. Explaining ( explaining away ) the events of the whole season. Dan was hooked up to medical equipment.

Siliconemelons

FullerHouse ep 1 was 100% ohh! its full house again! the feels... ep 2-4ish were terribad, but it started to do decent in the rest.

Season 2 was forgettable but, even the orig show was not "epic" it is a decent show to watch with kids, fill time, background noise, lazy basic entertainment

Season 3 is not bad, it has a groove and the characters are a little less stiff, but even in orig the non-mains were all 1d stiffs, even steve.

but i mean...

• 1Solidarity
TV show information provided by The Movie Database