Debate Roundabouts: Efficiency in Action or Vortex of Death

khalid

Unelected Mod
You sound like some Antifa trying to deny non-white crime statistics.

To be fair, I think I'd rather drive through a bad area of Chicago at night than go through that traffic circle that you just linked.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At a stop sign it's pretty clear and evident who is going to stop and who isn't going to stop ahed of time normally. A roundabout looks like it's all normall till it's not and you have no warning the guy in front of you is going to stop when he has no reason to.

Borzak

To be fair, I think I'd rather drive through a bad area of Chicago at night than go through that traffic circle that you just linked.

I don't know about Chicago but in New Orleans they passed a law under certain circumstances in the bad part of town after dark you don't have to come to a complete stop for a stop sign. Law came out after someone famous got car jacked there.

• 1Trump

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Takes one fucker to ruin it for everyone, and they will.

Explain. I am trying to imagine how a roundabout gets "ruined for everyone" by "one fucker" and for the life of me I can't imagine what you're talking about unless you mean they just plow into somebody.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 way stop signs sounds like god damn Autocracy to me btw. If they introduced and enforced that here, there'd be revolution.

• 1Solidarity

SeanDoe1z1

Explain. I am trying to imagine how a roundabout gets "ruined for everyone" by "one fucker" and for the life of me I can't imagine what you're talking about unless you mean they just plow into somebody.

single lane road, meets motorway roundabout w/ high traffic volume. pussy_01 not offensive enough to enter traffic.

Not complicated.

Borzak

4 way stop signs sounds like god damn Autocracy to me btw. If they introduced and enforced that here, there'd be revolution.

In town you have to stop. In rural areas like where I live it's more like slow down and go if clear. Which is the old joke...

Guy tells passenger I never stop for stop signs, learned it from my brother
Goes thru stop sign going 100mph
Passenger, that looks dangerous
Goes thru 2nd stop going 100mph
Passenger, not so sure about this
Guy comes to screeching halt even tho he has the right of way
Passenger, why did you stop?
My brother might be coming the other way.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve been driving through 3-5 of these depending on my route to a recently started physical therapy bunch of appointments. I think the biggest problem with these is every damn one is different. Every single one has a different sign, lane amount, exit requirements. The only consistency is the Yeild signs. People are generally really dumb, and asking mouth breathers to drive, and evaluate a sign, then decide how they need to navigate it to get where they are going is bad news, especially if it’s not a familiar route.

+1 for sitting at shitty stoplights until they can standardize the roundabouts a little better.

• 1Solidarity