RPGs of 2014

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Far be it from me to defend handhelds, but I can't remember a game I played on one that didn't have a way to speed up text display, either an option for instant text always or at least a button you could hold down. I'm talking mainly about NDS emulation, but I can't imagine they suddenly started making you read one letter at a time in 3DS games.

Vaclav

All the Atlus titles absolutely have a "text speed" option that even includes a "skip" option in many cases.

Vaclav

If you really did this, then you're just a fucking retard. That stuff came out of your paycheck every week when you were working. Why turn down something you paid into? That's like paying for homeowners insurance for decades, having a fire, and then not filing a claim.
Honestly it reads just like many of the random flames you'll see claimed on TheBlaze or other places when someone wants to rant against the disabled or poor then claims they magically were part of the same group but pulled themselves out. While almost always quoting a number of severe outliers and often using terms that someone effected wouldn't use anymore because of having technical terms thrown at them constantly by their doctors. (i.e. "I can't move my legs" rather than stating "I'm parapalegic" or at least something detailed rather than a vague throw away)

Sulrn

Deuces
You know, for all your love of gaming collectible garbage there's still plenty of room on]http://www.etsy.com/for you to sell your own interpretation of gaming hallmarks.

Like slimfast bottle art of Link or Tidus.

badlok

N00b
You guys might like Blackguards on Steam. It's still in development but there is quite a bit of content already. It's turn based, has some pretty cool environment interactions, and it's not that shitty Japanese girly boy crap Sean masturbates to. It has some odd UI elements but nothing too hard to figure out. It's not the greatest turn based I've played but it's solid, entertaining, and fairly well done.

Blackguards
This look good!

How much on Steam ?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This look good!

How much on Steam ?
I believe $22.49 ATM, it's normally $25. I usually try to wait until a game is under $20, but this one hasn't done that. I pirated it to test it out and liked it enough that I bought it.

Should also mention this is based on the European version of D&D, so everyone will be familiar with the stats/rules. It's almost identical as far as I can tell.

badlok

N00b
I believe $22.49 ATM, it's normally $25. I usually try to wait until a game is under $20, but this one hasn't done that. I pirated it to test it out and liked it enough that I bought it.

Should also mention this is based on the European version of D&D, so everyone will be familiar with the stats/rules. It's almost identical as far as I can tell.
Well that's a good news! I'll definitly buy it when i get home from work next week!

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I have been searching for a turn-based RPG for a long time but i have not seen or played anything in this style that i like in many years.
looking for a baulders gate style game but with real, actual turn-based fighting.
Need to find a game with basically the same combat style as Return to Krondor.

Thought i may have found one i liked with Shadowrun returns but its so terribly watered down and linear.

Looks like there are quite a few turn-based RPGs on that list so maybe this is the year!
Don't know if anyone has mentioned Shadowrun Returns or not. I picked it up a while back and it's been pretty fun.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DA:I better be fucking good. That's all I have to say.
You know it wont.
Still the gamer crowd will buy that thing faster than hawking spelling e b a y. Just 'cause it got DA labeled on it and Biowares "flawless" (lulz) track record. Even preorder the superdragon dick 0-day dlc ham and eggs edition for 90 bucks.
And after that going apeshit crybaby at the shallow gameplay and lulz u srs ending. And promisisng to never buy something like that again... untill EA announces Miss Effects, die Missis Shepards adventures in space on this years E3.

badlok

N00b
Don't know if anyone has mentioned Shadowrun Returns or not. I picked it up a while back and it's been pretty fun.
I like the game too , and what's nice about it it's that you have tons of campaigns for free with different difficulty level on steam , not all good but still

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You know it wont.
Still the gamer crowd will buy that thing faster than hawking spelling e b a y. Just 'cause it got DA labeled on it and Biowares "flawless" (lulz) track record. Even preorder the superdragon dick 0-day dlc ham and eggs edition for 90 bucks.
And after that going apeshit crybaby at the shallow gameplay and lulz u srs ending. And promisisng to never buy something like that again... untill EA announces Miss Effects, die Missis Shepards adventures in space on this years E3.
I'll play it. Doesn't mean I'll buy it. It's EA, after all.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
There was one great DA with a good expansion and several good DLC and one shit DA. Given the rest of Bioware's record, I still like the odds.

And even shitstain DA2 had plenty of funny dialog to get you through to the end.

Caliane

I would call it above average. Plenty of flaws. but certainly pretty sound.

And if I played it on ps3 or xbox, I would probably outright call it below average.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's wildly overrated. I've played it and the expansion more than once, and enjoyed it, but that's because DA:O is really just a big rehash of stuff we've seen before. I HATE CHANGE!!!!!

Vorph

Maybe I'm the exception but I thought DA:O was such a shitty fucking game.
I'm with you on this one. The story was completely uninteresting, the game mechanics were broken in so many ways, it wasn't anything remotely close to being a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate like they promised, etc. I tried for force myself to see what other people like about the thing and after five playthrough attempts I finally gave up. I never did finish it but I got close enough to the end to know that it wasn't magically going to get any better (which story spoilers confirmed).

DA2 was not a good game either, but in most areas it was a vast improvement over Origins.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It was boring, combat was shitty, story was meh. I didn't even do the side stuff because it was so shitty. beat the main story in about 15 hours and said "never again" to the entire series. I even have the expansion to the first game and have never even opened it.

Thanks a lot internet hype machine