Rust

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
As long as it doesnt break the servers, I dont care. The problem is that the uber hatchet doesnt break fucking shit not even metal doors. And not everything is able to be broken with charges. So structures can only be wiped if you clear the world data, which if we have to do more then once every 2 weeks gets fucking tiresome for those that have invested their time to build shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No, the only way you will ever die is other players, who are often already fully kitted and just out murdering because there is nothing else to do.

Everything else that can potentially kill you is a joke. You outrun all the animals/zombies, hunger is laughably easy to deal with, and cold just makes you hungry faster. Yes, there are injuries, they are randomly applied from falling damage/getting shot etc, but unless they've updated it all they do is make you move slower until you heal/bandage yourself.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My point wasn't the degree to which you can avoid death, but things that are threats to you. You can die from hunger, as I did my first spawn.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
is that something that just occurs there? And injuries, do these randomly appear as a result of a bad RNG roll?

Zombies sounds cool.
Biggest rng right now are zombies. They can hit you through walls and are very buggy when attacking and can easily kill you(they can lunge/warp short distances when doing an attack and hitboxes suck) when you least expect it. Really the biggest challenge is getting setup in a compound so you can stockpile food/materials. Finally got a nice tower compound setup with my bros and were set.

Game needs a lot of balancing though, especially sleeping bags. Nothing more dumb than killing a guy inside a rad town only to have him instantly come back and surprise kill you because he had a sleeping bag and a box with in it pistol on top of a building out of sight.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Once we start getting enough folks this mod is going in.

General - Theft Keys | Oxide - Rust Mod Forum

Basically if you kill someone in melee or not *as a flag you can setup* you gain their base access until they "change" their locks, aka open their doors. Already a flag to enable shared doors as well. So you can kill a single member of a group and gain access to their whole base if the mod is setup to allow that. Could easily have people gain trust of others and betray them later on too.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I homemade-shotgun-killed a guy the other day (who, in my defense, started shooting at me first) and was picking up his (upgrade) stuff and suddenly a zombie came running up and started chasing me. That fucker chased me for miles and would not stop. I've never seen a zombie chase for anywhere near that long. Not even close. I finally said fuck it, I ran up a mountain, turned around to fight, trying to switch to the new gear, and he beat my ass.

Coincidence or can an admin spawn as a zombie?

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Coincidence. If its a red zombie, likely he'll chase you as long as you don't put up a considerable amount of distance between you and him.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Care to elaborate?
You respawn at the nearest sleeping bag with a cooldown of 5 minutes. So what everyone does when going to raid is bring 20 bags and drop them out of site or behind a shelter so they just respawn over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Its literally nothing more than bind rushing, removes the penalty for dying since you just respawn next to your corpse and pick your gear right back up.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
You respawn at the nearest sleeping bag with a cooldown of 5 minutes. So what everyone does when going to raid is bring 20 bags and drop them out of site or behind a shelter so they just respawn over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Its literally nothing more than bind rushing, removes the penalty for dying since you just respawn next to your corpse and pick your gear right back up.
I didn't know you could have more than one sleeping bag.