Saints Row 5

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think SR3 was the biggest seller of the series so am kinda hoping they base it around that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Frankly, I'd like SR5 just to be SR3 again, but with plotlines that are even more WTF / unpredictable.
I wonder.. between borderlands, and others. I wonder if the absurdist writing is going to be tired. I might be a little tired of games like that. Def has a feeling of trying too hard often.
Almost as bad as pyrric victory games.. sick to death of that shit. you can't find an rpg in the last 15 years that isn't bad end-pyrric at best ending. Everyone wants to be fucking dark souls.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Well, this was a terrible surprise today;

Saints look like a bunch of Fortnite skins.

• 2Barf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Wow, apparently they're going back to their roots with SR2. At least the feel of it, anyway. What with taking down rival gangs, and so forth. And, I'll bet they're gonna have four player multiplayer, what with the four people in the trailer.

It still looks fun as shit, the only thing that sucks, though is it's only on the Epic game store for now... Not steam. gdi.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I like that they are keeping it chaotic but rebooting the thing. The overall 'world' was just too over-the-top by IV.

That having been said, there better be some goddamn Frecklebitches.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeh, it looks like they've done a reboot of SR2, just with an entirely new cast.
And with everything that made SR2 by far the best game ever in its genre watered down so as to not offend anyone in CURRENT_YEAR. (Good luck with that, Volition.) It looks like what I'd expect if it was Ubisoft that bought them out from the THQ firesale.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And with everything that made SR2 by far the best game ever in its genre watered down so as to not offend anyone in CURRENT_YEAR. (Good luck with that, Volition.) It looks like what I'd expect if it was Ubisoft that bought them out from the THQ firesale.
How the mighty have fallen.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I loved the satirical absurdist humor of SR3. Right from the opening scene where you take an embedded reporter along on a bank robbery wearing giant bobblehead masks of yourself.

The trailer for SR5 was interesting, but not funny in any way, so I'll reserve judgement for now I think.

• 1Like

Caliane

I don't really get the hate this is getting.
seems like a blend of sr 2 and 3. Everyone agrees 4 went too far.

Characters: ok... but, their were plenty of silly characters in the games. hipsters, etc. and everyone was annoyed with Shaundi's character shifts. started with new characters seems fine to me. I'd be Gat shows up at some point, but not as a direct part of your crew.

SR 1 was a GTA ripoff. its 2021 now. it makes sense to rip off some more modern games like Watch dogs. yeah, its not a 1987 latino street gang anymore.

spronk

FPS noob

yeah looks like a fortnite mod than a saints row game. The biggest problem is "the gang" look like youtubers, not gang members.

oh well game releases Feb 22 so not much wait at all, easy enough to wait for real reviews/streams before you buy. I'm expecting something pretty shitty though. Maybe it'll be like Mass Effect, where a year later they'll release SR1-3 remastered legendary edition, that'd be nice at least.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I don't really get the hate this is getting.
seems like a blend of sr 2 and 3. Everyone agrees 4 went too far.

Characters: ok... but, their were plenty of silly characters in the games. hipsters, etc. and everyone was annoyed with Shaundi's character shifts. started with new characters seems fine to me. I'd be Gat shows up at some point, but not as a direct part of your crew.

SR 1 was a GTA ripoff. its 2021 now. it makes sense to rip off some more modern games like Watch dogs. yeah, its not a 1987 latino street gang anymore.
My problem is that none of the characters seem interesting or funny in the trailer.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, while true, we'll just have to wait and see. I have faith that Jim Boone can pull off a funny story. Apparently someone at Deep Silver must think so too, to buy him back from Riot.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The whole problem with this is that they just went on record as saying that the saints row games were great and fun but you can't make those kinds of games anymore.

The ONLY way to take that is that they've sold out to the woke crowd.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The whole problem with this is that they just went on record as saying that the saints row games were great and fun but you can't make those kinds of games anymore.

The ONLY way to take that is that they've sold out to the woke crowd.
The studio is in a hyper-woke college town, they didn't sell out so much as become infected.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought that trailer was cringe as shit. But I don’t think I’ve touched the series since SR2

• 1Like