Saints Row 5

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

I'm pretty sure all the writers are like this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am

The impression that I'm getting is the game is just, "Meh..." I think that the superior writing of SR2 propelled SR 3 into the stratosphere, and it's been on a decline ever since. To make some good writing, you better have characters die.

SR 2 had that, in spades. SR 3 had that, with Gat dying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any hope for Saints Row died with IdolNinja. At this point we'll probably never even get to see the work he did on the SR2 rerelease patch, given that this 'reboot' looks studio-destroyingly terrible.

Vorph

I mean the franchise in general. He wasn't working on SR5, and it was always going to be utter shit. Only thing worth looking forward to was what he was working on (SR2 rerelease using the original source code instead of just the limited stuff that could be done as a mod like Gentlemen of the Row), but he died and Volition is such a piece of shit company now that I have zero faith any of it will ever see light of day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I'm a big Volition fan from back in the day, but this looks bad. The whole 'intro mission' has a stealth sequence wherein you can just walk past the guard without doing anything else. His awareness is so slow (probably because its a tutorial mind you) that you don't have to stealth at all, just walk past the guy and he won't have noticed before you are out of his LOS again.

joz123

Potato del Grande
This new one looks soulless. Don't think I would even try it for free if it went on PS+.

Vorph

Except for all the people saying the aiming is horrifically bad, especially on console, and all the bugs reviewers have been showing where enemies stand around doing nothing, or take no damage when you shoot them, or look like they're elites when they aren't, or your character can't do anything but move and crouch.

That said, I have it coming from GameFly just to see how horrible it is firsthand. Though I'll probably only bother with it for an hour or two anyway since it'll get to me less than a day from when Soul Hackers 2 unlocks.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You have defended every single shit game in the past 2-4 years. You have to be trolling at this point.
Aside from ME: Andromeda, which I played years later when the bugs were fixed (didn't fix the shitty personalities of your crew, but the rest of the game was fine) name another?

Didn't defend Cyberpunk, that's for sure...

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Aside from ME: Andromeda, which I played years later when the bugs were fixed (didn't fix the shitty personalities of your crew, but the rest of the game was fine) name another?

Didn't defend Cyberpunk, that's for sure...

You were talking something up the other day and now I can't remember what it was, it'll come to me though.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Final cutscene. Yikes....

Holy fucking shit.

Almost one full year ago in this very thread, I wrote this:

TheAylix said:
... I can't even imagine any of these characters pulling off a simple in-game moment like the one Mist linked above with Pierce and the Boss singing Sublime together; it would come off as incredibly forced and hackneyed.

So what did Volition do? Exactly what I feared they would do - an incredibly forced and hackneyed attempt at making these godawful embarrassing characters "relatable" via a pathetic karaoke rendition of an overplayed B-52s song that's a least a decade older than any of these zoomer faggots. They completely failed with what they were trying to do in precisely the way I predicted they would. . . and yet they still went ahead and did it anyway.

If the rest of the game weren't so completely and totally inept by every account, I'd almost think they were trolling us with this shit.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have to assume by this point that the studio is utterly overrun with testosterone deficient soyboys like Steve Jaros (he gave that pro-Sarkeesian interview back in 2014) and that most of the studio veterans have fled or are fleeing like that group of them that got poached by Unfinished Labs late last year.

• 1Like