Salary Negotiation Question

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Can I just flip the table and steal all my new bosses dice and dungeon master manuals ?

Cuz if that's an option it's happen.............again.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Can this be renamed the drunk ramblings thread, or perhaps the temporary lumi thread, since everyone lets their inner lumi out from time to time.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Okay so your current salary is $150,000 a year.

You find a job doing something that you enjoy. Maybe not a total dream job but something a little better than what you currently do.

They offer you $1X0,000 but you have to roll a D10 for the X to see what you get. If you roll a 10 you go up, not 0 so it would be $200,000.

Do you do it? Why? Why not?

I make over 200k a year, so this doesn't apply to me.

TAKE THAT, RUSSIANS

• 2Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Who the fuck cares

You clowns get pretty autistic and nit picky about random derails and other various stupid shit. I'm a lot farther on the side of "let shit slide" than any of our mods... not my fault you lack consistency.

• 2Picard

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Calls people clowns, thinks a thread about rolling D10 and D20 to determine possible pay rates belongs in "grown up" section...

• 2Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You clowns get pretty autistic and nit picky about random derails and other various stupid shit. I'm a lot farther on the side of "let shit slide" than any of our mods... not my fault you lack consistency.
I feel you fam but you called us in here to move it. Your actions don't reflect what you're saying

khorum

Murder Apologist
Noodle’s just turning around on how awesome General is versus that cucked Grownup Forum hugbox.

• 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Apparently people are answering this thread legitimately now.

So in my case, I currently make a little over $80k a year. I re-did my projections earlier today and I'm thinking at our current rate of savings we can retire by the end of 2021. Due to taxes and phase outs, a bump up to $150k would give me about another $30k in take home pay. And it'd knock about 9 months off our projected retirement time.

The additional income at $200k would get us closer to June 2020. So all in all, best case scenario is 2 years, 4 months of work. Staying where I am in the hypothetical is another 3 years of work. And worst case scenario is not too far off from where I am with another 3 years, 10 months.

Need a new thread in which Gravel (who I assume is not yet in his 50's) is going to tell us the why's and how's of retiring early and what projections they are using to make sure that they are not short of money when they are in their 70s and on a fixed income. This is not a snark Gravel, I would just love to know.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So the question is if I would leave my position for one with the same average pay, just with variance? Fuck that fickle job hopping noise.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Imagine the type of company where a hiring manager can swing a salary difference of +/- 100k on a dice roll. Must be loved by the higher ups

• 1Worf

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I thought about making a long post detailing the odds of getting all the various outcomes of a roll of a D10 die, but then I remembered I suck at dice rolling and am neverlucky with that shit.

So is it worth it for a minor bump in job/life satisfaction for a (likely for me) hit in salary? Eh, at that level of income in my area, I'd give it a 7/10
Don't forget we would have had to call you a faggot for doing geek math.

• 2Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Imagine the type of company where a hiring manager can swing a salary difference of +/- 100k on a dice roll. Must be loved by the higher ups

Next time you get an offer for a job you're not interested in bring it up. Bonus points if you get a pic of the persons face after you bring it up.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Im going to guess that at 150k, someone will be ok with 130k, but not 120k, so we are talking about a 20% chance of being screwed. really, with 80% chance of having an optimal result.

With those odds inmind 80-20 win, people will bet everything they have on most things.
If 80% chance to win is good for you, then roll away!!!

• 1Salty