San Diego, CA

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Don't wander too far from your hotel, then. Like I said, SD is very spread out, and taxi's will cost you a shit load. Seriously, if you plan on going any further than 5 miles from where you're staying, it'd be cheaper to rent a car.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well we are staying with a friend and he has a car so that's not an issue, just thought it would be fun to roll around on a scooter.

Hekotat

I'm unsure, but I will find out today and let you guys know tomorrow night.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Pacific Beach and Mission Beach are the places to be. Garnet Ave. has all the cool bars, I recommend Cabo Cantina in particular. Also, for breakfast, Kono's Cafe -- get there early because the line gets retarded. PB Shore Club is another awesome bar with a great view of the ocean I highly recommend it.

Hekotat

Looks like I'll be staying in the southwest corner of i5 and Del Mar Heights Rd.

Edit: looks like it's more in Del Mar than San Diego

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you're in North Park already checking out Toronado (30th), you'll want to stop by Hamilton's (30th) and Tiger! Tiger! (30th & El Cajon blvd) as well. All similar craft beer aficionado joints. All of them should have some kind of Cider available. TT has a patio out back but none of them are going to give you a beach view.

If you really want a great view of the water/sunset, scope out some places in Coronado or in Seaport Village, which is in downtown SD. There are a many places where you'll be able to get water-side seats.

Del Mar / Solana Beach have some great air balloon rides which will provide an unbeatable ocean view. If you've never seen the ocean that shit will be mind-blowing. Here's a picture I took while up there:

rrr_img_21054.jpg

Hekotat

Damn! I might do that but I'm terrified of heights.... That view really makes me want to do it though.

I'm hoping I can find a patio within walking distance during the day, both of my friends will be working so I plan on taking a book and just chillin by the ocean somewhere til they get off.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Back to your original question...yeah, if you can find a moped rental place, Del Mar/Solana/La Jolla would be a nice area to ride around in. Traffic is steady on PCH, and through those towns the speed limit is like 35 - 45 max. Pretty much perfect for it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of awesome views, Cabrillo National Monument is amazing. Unfortunately they close early, so you need to visit between November - February for a sunset there. But still, awesome view of the Pacific, as well as North Island and downtown.

Hekotat

Lol, so much stuff to try and do in 4 days. My interest is peaked on rolling around via scooter with a giant sombrero on. Any of you bros going to be at any of these awesome places 1st - 4th?

Sucks the track is closed I'm a major car enthusiast.

Hekotat

oh, well. shit, lol. When you mentioned Lilly I wasn't sure what you were talking about but figured I'd get it when I showed up at the track.

Bummer, looks like the only scooter rental place has really shitty reviews.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
oh, well. shit, lol. When you mentioned Lilly I wasn't sure what you were talking about but figured I'd get it when I showed up at the track.

Bummer, looks like the only scooter rental place has really shitty reviews.
It's a reference to a movie that had a scene that took place at the racetrack. Anyways, don't rent a scooter. Shit gets pretty cold in SD due to being near the shore especially now during spring, gets pretty gloomy. Rent a car, you'll be more comfortable.

Hekotat

I guess in my minds eye it was always sunny and warm except for at night and in the evenings.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
May Grey, June Gloom. You're basically coming during the cloudiest months there are. Not only that, but the mornings on the coast generally have marine layer. It's not until around 10 or 11 before it burns off.