San Diego, CA

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to San Diego the week of july 22nd. Going to the zoo, and sea world. Any advice on some Non-Touristy stuff that a 10 year old girl might enjoy?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Wanted to thank everyone for the tips above, I had a great time.

I would like to note that I saw no fat people in San Diego until I went to Slater's 50/50 haha. Their food was almost worth it.

Also, that was the first time I saw an Aircraft Carrier and holy shit! I mean I knew they were big but you just don't realize how big til you see one in person.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Going to San Diego the week of july 22nd. Going to the zoo, and sea world. Any advice on some Non-Touristy stuff that a 10 year old girl might enjoy?
It's touristy but the Wild Animal Park is worth a visit. Arguably better than the zoo (the zoo owns/operates it), and way better than Sea World.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I'm having a hard time thinking of non-tourist stuff for a 10 year old. Maybe a water park? Knott's Soak City isn't bad.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wanted to thank everyone for the tips above, I had a great time.

I would like to note that I saw no fat people in San Diego until I went to Slater's 50/50 haha. Their food was almost worth it.

Also, that was the first time I saw an Aircraft Carrier and holy shit! I mean I knew they were big but you just don't realize how big til you see one in person.
Yeah, I can't remember if I had posted it on FoH or here, but the normal chicks you see everyday in San Diego are like the hot chicks everywhere else. And the hot ones in San Diego? Fuuuuuuck.

Pretty much everyone is in good shape. The ones who aren't stay in places I'd probably rather not be going anyways.

Hekotat

Yeah I was blown away by how in shape everyone was, I saw mostly single moms pushing strollers in yoga pants and it was night and day compared to Texas women. We went downtown on Friday night and the scenery was incredible.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mostly stayed near the Gas Lamp, was with coworkers and they seemed to enjoy that scene.

Went to both of the clubs at the Hard Rock. Drinks were pretty expensive, and well, it was a club. But the chicks there were by far the most gorgeous women I've ever seen. It sounds like hyperbole, but they were like Victoria's Secret level of hot (and I only use that because saying model hot makes them sound disgustingly skinny).

Analog was ok. I give it an A+ only because one of my coworkers has two brothers that work there, so we got free drinks all night.

The Tipsy Crow was a pretty chill Irish type bar. No clue how it is on the weekends. We basically spent the weekends at Analog until 207 was crowded enough at the Hard Rock. Float at Hard Rock looked like it'd be pretty awesome, but we were there in December so not so much. But they've got a roof pool, and apparently all the previously mentioned hotties are up at the pool when it's warm enough.

I'm sure someone else will tell you all about the good bars in OB, PB, and Mission. I went to a lot of them, but mostly during off hours (football, out with friends, etc).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh, I live in SD. I was just wondering what Heko's thoughts were on our recommendations.

Hekotat

The only places I got to check out that were recommended was Slater's 50/50 and The Gas Lamp district(some bad ass Irish Pub). My friend still had to make a half assed attempt at working the first 2 days we were there, so I ended up walking to the downtown Del Mar area and getting hammered on the patio while he did some coding shit. On day 2 the friend we stayed with was kind enough to give us a tour of Sony and we got to play around with some upcoming hardware(hint hint).

It also didn't help that we rented a Ferrari because we spent the better part of day 3 in the mountain roads trying to kill ourselves.

We also hit up a bar in Solando Beach(spelling?) one night called Tide Water and the morning we came back to Texas we ran into about 12 Audi R8 V10's, one was a GT and one was the car from Iron Man which was really fucking awesome. I can possibly upload a video if anyone is interested.

I'm sure you didn't really want a run down on my entire trip but I'm bored as hell at work.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Casa Guadalajara in San Diego is probably the best mexican food I've ever eaten... and I've been to mexico!

casaguadalajara.com

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only places I got to check out that were recommended was Slater's 50/50 and The Gas Lamp district(some bad ass Irish Pub). My friend still had to make a half assed attempt at working the first 2 days we were there, so I ended up walking to the downtown Del Mar area and getting hammered on the patio while he did some coding shit. On day 2 the friend we stayed with was kind enough to give us a tour of Sony and we got to play around with some upcoming hardware(hint hint).

It also didn't help that we rented a Ferrari because we spent the better part of day 3 in the mountain roads trying to kill ourselves.

We also hit up a bar in Solando Beach(spelling?) one night called Tide Water and the morning we came back to Texas we ran into about 12 Audi R8 V10's, one was a GT and one was the car from Iron Man which was really fucking awesome. I can possibly upload a video if anyone is interested.

I'm sure you didn't really want a run down on my entire trip but I'm bored as hell at work.
I ate at The Field once. It's an Irish place, and they even hat hot Irish waitresses. Food was pretty damn good.

The Ferrari part sounds fucking awesome. About a year ago I had a rental car and I took it through the Angeles National Forest. It was by far the most fun I've ever had driving. It was a sedan though, so I can't even imagine how much fun it'd be to drive a sports car. It reminded me of Top Gear. I'd definitely like to see video of it.

Casa Guadalajara was decent. They have pretty good margaritas. I really like Cafe Coyote. They have the old Mexican women out front making tortillas all day. Never had a margarita there, but I'd assume they're even better since they have like 100 tequilas.

Hekotat

There was one point when we came up on a blind hairpin going to fast and I thought for sure we were going to eat shit but that car had soooooo much grip. The saddest part was the rental place disabled "sport" mode, so we didn't' even get to see it's full potential. I meant video of the R8's haha, I was too in the moment to think about recording in the Ferrari.

That Irish pub was really narrow(you can stand 4 people side by side and block the entire entrance) and went really deep into the building with a tiny stage at the end, kind of hinged on the bar. It was the most authentic place I'd ever been in and the band was really kick ass. I wish I could remember the name of it.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
This thread is pretty informative. So my better half and I are doing to be in San Diego for a few days (in a couple) of weeks and am looking for recommendations on things to do. No kids with us this time, and we are not big drinkers, and prefer "off the beaten path" activities or "things" the locals do. We definitely want to hit up the beach one day (any recommendations?). Also, is it worthwhile to head down to Tijuana?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Tijuana is okay, but honestly it's not different enough from San Diego itself to take a day and go down there. The only things you'll find are dirtier streets, beggar children and cheaper products/food.

My favorite beach is probablyWindansea. Locals like to be pretty active, hiking is good this time of year, maybe giveCowles Mtna shot, the hike doesn't take very long (couple hours round trip, taking it slow and sitting at the top a while) and the view is nice. If you don't feel like a hike, you can drive to the top of Mt. Soledad in La Jolla for some great views.

Whale watching is fun, but I think the best times for that are Dec-April.

If you've never been here, you may want to check out Balboa Park. There are a ton of museums and pretty spots to spend the day.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tijuana is okay, but honestly it's not different enough from San Diego itself to take a day and go down there. The only things you'll find are dirtier streets, beggar children and cheaper products/food.

My favorite beach is probablyWindansea. Locals like to be pretty active, hiking is good this time of year, maybe giveCowles Mtna shot, the hike doesn't take very long (couple hours round trip, taking it slow and sitting at the top a while) and the view is nice. If you don't feel like a hike, you can drive to the top of Mt. Soledad in La Jolla for some great views.

Whale watching is fun, but I think the best times for that are Dec-April.

If you've never been here, you may want to check out Balboa Park. There are a ton of museums and pretty spots to spend the day.
Awesome. Great info.