Sausage Party (2016)

Zastlyn

Peasant
I liked it alot but it's really just a dick and fart joke movie. The people saying it's a smart movie aren't the brightest. The "thumb our nose at religon" parts of the movie would only seem edgy and smart to a 16 year old fedora type.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Man I loved this movie, it was so wrong in all the right ways. Yeah it got a little heavy-handed with its "message" at times, but there were so many absolutely hilarious (and usually disgusting) things that happened, I wouldn't have cared which message they chose.

I will definitely be watching it on video, and hoping they have a director's cut or something.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't laugh a single time. I chuckled\eyerolled on a few of the jokes\puns, but yeah, overall the comedy was just "You're not supposed to say all of this super racist stuff!". Which yeah, lazy.

I expected dumb fun, just got dumb.

Agree

Wrathin3L

Peasant
Went with the girlfriend, neither of us busted out laughing but we did appreciate the humor. Ending was a bit rushed/weak, but overall worth at least one viewing if you can see if for free/cheap.

I honestly think the target audience is high school/teenagers. Anyone younger and it's inappropriate (both the anti-religious undertones and sexual nature); anyone over and it's mostly dumb/edgy.

dunno how you cant laugh. take the 20-something sanctimonious stick out and go with it.

this is a much needed movie to counteract having to watch treehouse.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw it over the weekend. It was funny, but not a non-stop riot. I think I may have enjoyed it a tad more if the plot was a bit more subtle instead of crammed down your throat. Still, fun time. Hope it makes more than CrapBusters.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This wasn't influenced by it, this was it, in modern form, wrapped in a silly movie.

That's the difference.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Fair enough.

On an unrelated note (not really unrelated), the earth isn't flat and Rome isn't the center of the universe.

Presenting information that has been freely available for centuries ALSO isn't exactly smart either. This movie did not present any new information, nor did it present in a way that was new. It didn't challenge anyone's preconceived notions about the topic. It didn't even use shock or humor well enough to be a fresh take on it. It was, by all rights, a mediocre film.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ha, touche. yeah, i was not stoned when i saw it. so there you go