Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Fadaar

That guy
I'm visiting Kennedy Space Center tomorrow, hopefully nothing crashes on me.
smile.png
If you don't go to the Atlantis exhibit you're a terrible person.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Oh Fox News, you so funny!

FuWUmzx.jpg

Funny story: When the USSR collapsed and the old Soviet space programme went public, NASA looked at the engine designs and crapped their pants. The Russians were doing shit with engines in the 60s that NASA had consistently written off as unviable well into the 80s. So yeah, it's possible that there was a production flaw or degradation over time in one of the specific engines for that launch but the designitselfis solid as hell.
Yep, Russian rocket designs were extremely advanced compared to US.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Yep, Russian rocket designs were extremely advanced compared to US.
Russia isn't inferior in everything.

Just most things.
smile.png

But seriously, Russia has always had smart scientists. They are hamstrung by the lack of funds due to the asinine political system and corruption into weird compromised designs, but your guys are smart. /props

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Russia isn't inferior in everything.

Just most things.
smile.png

But seriously, Russia has always had smart scientists. They are hamstrung by the lack of funds due to the asinine political system and corruption into weird compromised designs, but your guys are smart. /props
You aren't in a scientific field or at a government/military research institute in the US, are you?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I was going to say, chop off the first sentence of that paragraph and it applies perfectly here.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with you guys completely, its just a difference of degree.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Araysar posted a list of the top 10 Russian inventions a while back and pretty much all of them were made by Russians in the United States or Russians that came to the US to start their companies.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"Print" it. Pretty sure there's already a verb for squeezing shit out of a bag.

The structure of that dough is going to suck. Rolling out dough will ensure a better gluten matrix throughout the dough. Tossed dough will be even better, especially around the crust/lip.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
3d printing seems to have a very loose definition. If that is 3d printing a Pizza then I suppose a soda fountain is a 3d printer.

freestyle.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
I sort of imagine that's how Red Baron pizzas or any box pizza you get at the supermarket are made to begin with.

3d printing has officially hit "marketing speak" tier of acceptance.

I still want my CHON biscuit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
3d printing seems to have a very loose definition. If that is 3d printing a Pizza then I suppose a soda fountain is a 3d printer.

freestyle.jpg
The 3d printed food machine they've shown is probably half bullshit, but the idea of creating an infinite variety of foods from ~20 base ingredients is much different than creating 20 different types of soda from carbonated water and 20 different syrups.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The 3d printed food machine they've shown is probably half bullshit, but the idea of creating an infinite variety of foods from ~20 base ingredients is much different than creating 20 different types of soda from carbonated water and 20 different syrups.
That's true except that machine doesn't do that. It's simply putting shit in a can and squirting it out. NOw find me a machine where you can put in spices and base shit like flour, water, etc then you have something. It would have to be fucking huge though and not something that can fit in someones kitchen.

On a scale of 1 to 10 for impactfulness... are 3D printers in the 10-11 range? In 50 years do we all have 3d printers? Will they be staple items for an average person?