Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

iannis

Musty Nester
A cancer cell is basically an asshole cell that just thinks of himself and wants to take everything from surrounding cells and force his culture on you. In other words, a cancerous cell is one that has converted to islam
Yeah, but there are 5 different cellular mechanisms which have to be subverted in order for a cell to become cancerous. Is what I remember learning at least.

There was self repair / transcription, 2 types of signalling (positive and negative for immune system recognition), there's even a set of suicide instructions in some cells that has to be circumvented (which is also utilized in viral infections sometimes). And i forget what the 5th one was. But there were 5 things that HAD to go wrong before a cell is definitely classed as cancerous.

And for the immune response there were similar redundancies. No system is ever perfect, but by the time you get recognizable cancer multiple systems have failed.

I mean i'm not an oncologist. What I do remember as the big picture takeaway is that oncogenesis doesn't just happen. It takes time and it takes multiple reinforced errors.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I think it also has to become autocrine and be giving itself chemical hormonal commands (consisting of charred meat). Or is that just the end phenomenon?

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but there are 5 different cellular mechanisms which have to be subverted in order for a cell to become cancerous. Is what I remember learning at least.

There was self repair / transcription, 2 types of signalling (positive and negative for immune system recognition), there's even a set of suicide instructions in some cells that has to be circumvented (which is also utilized in viral infections sometimes). And i forget what the 5th one was. But there were 5 things that HAD to go wrong before a cell is definitely classed as cancerous.

And for the immune response there were similar redundancies. No system is ever perfect, but by the time you get recognizable cancer multiple systems have failed.

I mean i'm not an oncologist. What I do remember as the big picture takeaway is that oncogenesis doesn't just happen. It takes time and it takes multiple reinforced errors.
Only 5 mechanisms? how many cells are in a human body and how often are they completely replaced? With the life expectancy that keeps increasing the probability of cancer is going to be 100% pretty soon.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
How often they are replaced really depends on the type of cell. Neurons can last up to a lifetime, stomach lining cells completely replace themselves in about five days.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I might have to murder someone over this article it is literally that bad

Illinois Illegally Seizes Bees Resistant to Monsanto's Roundup; Kills Remaining Queens - Herbal House 365

Illinois Illegally Seizes Bees Resistant to Monsanto's Roundup; Kills Remaining Queens

The point of this confiscation can not possibly be clearer: Monsanto wants no honeybees resistant to their Roundup product to continue to exist.

The Illinois Ag Dept. illegally seized privately owned bees from renowned naturalist, Terrence Ingram, without providing him with a search warrant and before the court hearing on the matter, reports Prairie Advocate News.

Behind the obvious violations of his Constitutional rights is Monsanto. Ingram was researching Roundup's effects on bees, which he's raised for 58 years. "They ruined 15 years of my research," he told Prairie Advocate, by stealing most of his stock.
A certified letter from the Ag Dept.'s Apiary Inspection Supervisor, Steven D. Chard, stated:

"During a routine inspection of your honeybee colonies by . Inspectors Susan Kivikko and Eleanor Balson on October 23, 2011, the bacterial disease 'American Foulbrood' was detected in a number of colonies located behind your house.. Presence of the disease in some of your colonies was confirmed via test results from the USDA Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland that analyzed samples collected from your apiary.."

Ingram can prove his bees did not have foulbrood, and planned to do so at a hearing set in April, but the state seized his bees at the end of March. They have not returned them and no one at the Ag Dept. seems to know where his bees are.

The bees could have been destroyed, or they could have been turned over to Monsanto to ascertain why some of his bees are resistant to Roundup. Without the bees as evidence, Ingram simply cannot defend against the phony charges of foulbrood.
Worse, all his queens died after Kivikko and Balson "inspected" his property, outside of his presence and without a warrant.

Of note, Illinois beekeepers are going underground after Ingram's experience and refuse to register their hives, in case the state tries to steal their private property on phony claims.
>Round up resistant bees
>ROUND UP RESISTANT BEES

ROUND UP HAS NO EFFECT ON NON PHOTOSYNTHESIZING ORGANISMS HOLY FUCK I AM LITERALLY THIS MAD RIGHT NOW!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Lol, now I can safely get rid of raid and just soak down my entire property with glyphosate now!

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
When people say "RoundUp" they don't necessarily mean the stuff that only contains glyphosate. That's the old school mixture. A lot of the stuff you buy today has stickers mixed in with it and other agents that make it 'rainfast'. Or the fast acting RoundUp mixed with other chemicals like Scythe (pelargonic acid). Still contains glyphosate, still labeled "RoundUp", but will kills bees. I know this because I'm a landscaper and have sprayed it on bees or wasp nests when we happen to come across them while trimming bushes or working in yards. Yes, it kills them pretty easy and quite effective. Yes, it's sold as Roundup.

Pelargonic acid is "organic" and natural, but pretty crazy stuff. I believe they use it by itself (diluted) before harvesting melons, pumpkins or similar fruits/veggies. They spray the field and within hours (or minutes depending on ratios) all the leaves are wilted and laying flat on the ground so you can see where the fruits are easier. It's in some RoundUp mixtures and sold as RoundUp. It will not only kill bees but will also eat layers of paint off lawn mowers. Our sprayer holders used to be above the lawn mowers and the nozzles hung over the deck of the front mowers loaded on the truck. The metal directly under the nozzle would get drips of the RoundUp/Scythe mix on them and after a very short time I noticed the paint bubbling up in an 8" circle right under the nozzle. In the landscaping biz it's not unusual for mowers to sit out in the rain on trailers all the time and their paint is still good and never bubbles off. But directly under the nozzles? Bare metal, through multiple paint layers, primer, etc.

Still called RoundUp though. Definitely will kill bees.

Having said all of that, I don't care either way. Just wanted to put out some info.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Alright, now I'm going to explain why everything above is just nonsense.

"When people say Round Up they don't necessarily mean Round Up"

1. Whether Billy Bob DipShit the Hillbilly retard calls other compounds Round Up is irrelevant.
2. The article is very clear that this guy was supposedly making "Round Up ready bees" because of Monsanto's product.
3. Monsanto's product is Round Up. This is a trademarked name for the product containing Glysophate as its primary ingredient.
4. Here is the chemical compound Nonanoic Acid, or otherwise known as Pelargonic acid.

NONANOIC ACID | C9H18O2 - PubChem

PubChem CID: 8158
Chemical Names: NONANOIC ACID; Pelargonic acid; N-Nonanoic acid; Nonylic acid; 112-05-0; Pelargic acid; More...
Molecular Formula: C9H18O2
Molecular Weight: 158.23802 g/mol
InChI Key: FBUKVWPVBMHYJY-UHFFFAOYSA-N
UNII: 97SEH7577T
Safety Summary: Laboratory Chemical Safety Summary (LCSS)
Modify Date: 2016-07-16
Create Date: 2004-09-16
Nonanoic Acid is a naturally-occurring saturated fatty acid with nine carbon atoms. The ammonium salt form of nonanoic acid is used as an herbicide. It works by stripping the waxy cuticle of the plant, causing cell disruption, cell leakage, and death by desiccation.
This is an herbicide.

Here's some more

https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem..._01-Apr-00.pdf

II. Use Sites, Target Pests, And Application Methods
Pelargonic acid has two distinct uses related to plants: weed killer and blossom thinner.
[Note: The substance can also be used as a sanitizer, a use not addressed in this Fact
Sheet.]
o Weed killer Growers spray pelargonic acid on food crops and other crops to
protect them against weeds. For food crops, pelargonic acid is allowed to be
applied from planting time until 24 hours before harvest. The pre-harvest
restriction assures that little or no residue remains on the food. The chemical also
controls weeds at sites such as schools, golf courses, walkways, greenhouses, and
various indoor sites.
o Blossom thinner Growers use pelargonic acid to thin blossoms, a procedure that
increases the quality and yield of apples and other fruit trees. Thinning the
blossoms allows the trees to produce fruit every year instead of every other year.
And from the same link

IV. Assessing Risks to the Environment
Pelargonic acid is not expected to have adverse effects on non-target organisms or the
environment.Toxicity tests on non-target organisms, such as birds, fish, and honeybees,
revealed little or no toxicity.
The chemical decomposes rapidly in both land and water
environments, so it does not accumulate. Because pelargonic acid is an herbicide, it could
harm non-target plants if pesticide spray drifted beyond the intended target area. Users
are required to minimize drift by using large spray droplets and taking other precautions.
Toxicity tests on non-target organisms, such as birds, fish, and honeybees,

So, no, despite your anecdotal evidence as a landscaper that pelargonic acid harms bees, it does not.

Now, the article itself is actually 100% completely bullshit.

This article breaks down why, without even touching on the Glyphosate side of the issue

Narciblog: I'm calling bullshit on the "government stole my bees" story

In the past few days, a story has been circulating about Terrence Ingram, an Illinois beekeeper that had his bees "illegally" taken by Department of Agriculture officials and destroyed. Furthermore, this destroyed his "decades of research" in breeding a "Roundup immune" strain of bees. I'm sorry, but everything I've read about this story just isn't credible.

First of all, there are no sources. Or as Wikipedia would put it, no reliable sources. I've seen a couple of people post links to this article at GlobalResearch, also a 9/11 troofer site. There is exactly one hit on this in Google News, which turns out to be a blog post at SouthMilwaukeeNOW.com, which cites as its original source this article at Packalert Press, which also thinks the recent OK tornado was artificially created by Obama to distract from the IRS scandal. The site that seems to have written the most about it is Prairie Advocate, which could have published a press release written by Ingram and it probably wouldn't have looked any different.

This whole story stinks. This guy claims to have been performing "research" on the effect of Roundup on bees for decades. There's nothing in Google Scholar by this guy; not a single paper. After having done over 10 years of research, no one suddenly comes out with groundbreaking results having published nothing in the meantime. Ingram claims he was about to reveal proof(!) that Roundup, everyone's favorite bugaboo, causes colony collapse disorder. Well, I'm sorry, but it's not like that hasn't occurred to anyone before. The exact cause of colony collapse disorder is unknown, but it's likely a combination of a number of factors, including parasites, viruses, and environmental toxins like pesticides.

What's a lot more likely is that this guy's hives were infected with American foulbrood, a highly contagious and incurable disease that can spread from hive to hive. In fact, that's exactly what the Department of Agriculture found when they inspected his hives and sent samples to a lab. They notified him multiple times of the fact that foulbrood had been detected in his hives and he was ordered to burn them. He continued to refuse and months later, the DoA came in, seized the hives, and (presumably) destroyed them, as they are legally allowed to do.

Ingram is outraged (outraged, I say!) that the DoA even inspected his hives. The Prairie Advocate story quotes Ingram as saying, "The State Department of Agriculture came in and inspected our hives 4 times, 3 times when we were not home, and without due process. I have never received or found a Search Warrant." Furthermore, several of the articles and blog posts on this around the Web claim that these bees were seized "illegally."

Did you know that Illinois has a Bees and Apiaries Act? Neither did I, but yes, Illinois has an entire section of the law on the keeping of bees. 510 ILCS 20/2-4 says, "The Department shall have the power to inspect ... any bees, colonies, items of bee equipment or apiary. For the purpose of inspection, the Director is authorized during reasonable business hours to enter into or upon any property used for the purpose of beekeeping." So the DoA did not need to serve Ingram with a warrant to inspect his bee hives.

Furthermore, they were entirely within their rights to seize and destroy the infected hives. After Ingram had refused multiple times to deal with the infected hives, the DoA has the authority to do it for him (and send him a bill, at that). From 510 ILCS 20/2c, "In carrying out the provisions of this Section or any quarantine, the Director may, at the expense of the owner, when an infestation, infection or nuisance is located, seize or abate bees, colonies, or items of used bee equipment."

So there simply is no story here. There was no violation of the law. There was no illegal seizure of bees or bee hives. But the fact that this guy claims to have been doing "research" into Roundup means this story is going to be flogged by Monsanto-hating activists from one end of the Internet to the other.
But all that is besides the point, because when someone says they are attempting to develop any organism to be "Round Up Ready", what they mean is that the organism is not affected by Glyphosate. It doesn't matter if newer formulations have other chemicals in them or not. Round Up Ready means a specific thing:

The Roundup Ready Controversy

Genetically Modified Food

Roundup Ready crops are crops genetically modified to be resistant to the herbicide Roundup. Roundup is the brand-name of a herbicide produced by Monsanto. Its active ingredient glyphosate was patented in the 1970s. Roundup is widely used by both people in their backyards and farmers in their fields. Roundup Ready plants are resistant to Roundup, so farmers that plant these seeds must use Roundup to keep other weeds from growing in their fields.
So, yes, this article is completely full of shit. There is no purpose to trying to genetically modify non photosynthesizing organisms to be "Round Up Ready", because all non photosynthesizing organisms are already "Round Up Ready" in that they don't contain the EPSP protein synthesis pathway that Glyphosate interrupts in photosynthesizing plants.

The article is just the typical internet click bait garbage preying on the ignorant's fear of the words "Government" "Monsanto" and "Round Up".

Sledge

Trakanon Raider

So, no, despite your anecdotal evidence as a landscaper that pelargonic acid harms bees, it does not.
Anecdotal evidence? I've been a landscaper for 20 years and I can tell you with a 100% fact that I spray it and kill bees/wasps all the time. Literally all.....the....time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anecdotal evidence? I've been a landscaper for 20 years and I can tell you with a 100% fact that I spray it and kill bees/wasps all the time. Literally all.....the....time.
Yes, thats the dictionary definition of an anecdote, especially when I just cited you MIT, the US Federal Government, and PubChem as evidence you're wrong.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I used to get rid of ground bees by pouring a gallon of water on their nest and then running. Pretty sure the water is toxic to bees, cause that nest was always gone the next day.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I tried that last year and it didn't work!

Then I planted trees in early March, and made sure to put one near where the nest was.

No bees this year!

Tree roots must be toxic to bees as well!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
We put a waterhose down the hole and let it run for like an hour several times and it didn't kill off the bee nest.

But it might be a difference in the soil and underlying rock layers in Kentucky versus wherever you live (I honestly can't recall if you've ever said what part of the country you live in).

All that limestone is really pourous, so water drains a lot quicker here than elsewhere, even with the clay layers in the way to slow the drainage down sometimes.