Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've lived in Michigan most my life. I've never noticed a tide like I saw on the Atlantic. Gravity confirmed fake. MusicForFish MusicForFish on suicide watch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The moon moves as the earth turns. By the time 24 hours have gone by, the moon has moved and it takes the rest of that time for the earth's spin to bring things to the same alignment. You get a high tide under the moon (you can see it in the sky at that point) and another high tide when the moon is on the opposite side of the planet. Low tides are at the points between those.

Is Lumi a flat Earther and is that why he's being weird?
Lumi makes flat earthers look like Einstein my man

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I've lived in Michigan most my life. I've never noticed a tide like I saw on the Atlantic. Gravity confirmed fake. MusicForFish MusicForFish on suicide watch.
He-Man No GIF by Masters Of The Universe

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can you guys stop replying to Lumi? He's busy managing the traffic on Guam so everyone doesn't drive to one side at once and the island tips over

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Seems to me like it's possible to combine the recent Loop Quantum Gravity black hole calculations that describe information being preserved on a 2D membrane, with the Holographic Principle concept that we are living inside a membrane that resembles a cosmic bubble, and with the mystery of dark energy, to describe a universe in which we are living inside a black hole, and the reason dark energy / cosmic inflation/expansion happens in such a weird way is because the "space" that's being created is actually matter from the next universe "up" falling into a the black hole that is our universe and causing the membrane to expand...

I suck at math now after being out of school for a decade, and in general I'm a lot better at thinking of the stuff than explaining it in actual words, but hopefully I explained that well enough haha. Just wanted to get it up online somewhere with a timestamp in case some bigshot actual scientist publishes this idea in a few years :p

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I hate this planet. Someone thought this question that every child asked their parents sometime before year 5 or so, was worth an article?

Next up: The sky is blue, and it has more to do with light scattering than you might think!
Where does rain come from? It has more to do with evaporation than you may think!
Why do we poop? It has more to do with digestion than you may think!

• 1Salty
Architecture. There are reasons why these didn't get built until the past couple decades. I don't think the problems were technological. The problem was market. There weren't enough superrich suckers to warrant building a giant kind of dumb tower for superrich suckers. But by God we have risen to the challenge.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Architecture. There are reasons why these didn't get built until the past couple decades. I don't think the problems were technological. The problem was market. There weren't enough superrich suckers to warrant building a giant kind of dumb tower for superrich suckers. But by God we have risen to the challenge.

Wow that’s an insane read. They have to spend $12,000 year at the restaurant in the place. And one ladies “common area fees” went up by $86,000 in a year?

• 2Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

Stay strong, fellow shell corps and shadow investors! When non-deferrable renovation estimates reach a billion, I have faith that a new owner will appear and 50 days later an insurance miracle will occur.
DgEZc80WAAoMzd6.jpg

• 2Worf
Man, that's a sweet deal these people have worked out. At that level it is pretty damn diabolical.

The ultra rich never loose money. I hear rich people used to lose everything sometimes! It is true!
4wpa5j.jpg

Wow that’s an insane read. They have to spend $12,000 year at the restaurant in the place. And one ladies “common area fees” went up by $86,000 in a year?

Exactly my point. It baffles me. I've gone the opposite direction in life, and feel pretty confident this is the smarter option. As I get older I want less shit to worry about, not more. For example, I have not had a credit card in 10+ years. I **SLAYED** that debt at the end of the 90's and eventually just said fuck you to the entire "method."

That's why I say suckers. Maybe it is just sour grapes? Maybe if I had 100's of millions of dollars I would "understand"?

Moot fucking point. I do not want cargo as I get older. I want freedom.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Exactly my point. It baffles me. I've gone the opposite direction in life, and feel pretty confident this is the smarter option. As I get older I want less shit to worry about, not more. For example, I have not had a credit card in 10+ years. I **SLAYED** that debt at the end of the 90's and eventually just said fuck you to the entire "method."

That's why I say suckers. Maybe it is just sour grapes? Maybe if I had 100's of millions of dollars I would "understand"?

Moot fucking point. I do not want cargo as I get older. I want freedom.

Man, I think we can't even process the idea of that kind of money. If you had 100 million, just leaving it in a bullshit index fund in the stock market, would make you 6-8 million per year, by doing *nothing*. That means you could spend over half a million dollars PER MONTH on bullshit and *never* even touch your nest egg. You could literally buy a Lamborghini every month and end up with more money at the end of the year than you started with. Yes, taxes, etc, whatever.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
This is appropriate for the science thread. On one level, yeah, none of us will see that. And, it seems incredibly wasteful. How is this a "wise allotment of capital"? Facilitating a class of people who technically could outsource wiping their own ass. So much wealth so their kids can just die from too much squandered opportunity. How is such ultra wealth not perverse?

If this was a politics thread we could have a fine old time.

But this is an economic question, right? And *what little I know* about basic theory is, a nation wants to cultivate as much capital as possible. Capital = good. More capital = more good. And if it requires growing a crop of ultra rich morons to do that, you do that. It's like the scene in Margin Call where the guy says the entire US life style depends on the crappy shit they do, so the people would be stupid to ask for things to become "honest." I simply do not know enough to make this call. I can laugh at the fucking expensive fuckups. I do love me a good rich dude fucks up story.

------------------------

All I know, I wish my profession paid a bit better wage. Not everyone is as chill as I am. It sucks to think, millions of people work like dogs everyday just so Peaches can have an oops moment.

• 1Picard