Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
yeah quantum mechanics is wild and hardly any of it is intuitive. entanglement as a concept isn't that hard to grasp even if there's a whole giant rabbit hole with it. if you have 2 entangled particles, knowing what 1 of them is doing will inform you what the other 1 is doing even with the separation of some arbitrary amount of space.
QE is the transgender studies of science. It’s all made up and basically just exists to siphon money from stupid people like the government.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
QE is the transgender studies of science. It’s all made up and basically just exists to siphon money from stupid people like the government.
wrong chicken GIF by happydog

• 1Salty

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Is that because it uses negative and complex numbers? Fucking voodoo I tell you.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
QE sounds cool until a quantum scientist breaks out enough crayons for people like me to understand it can't be used for FTL comms. I'm hoping we find a way around that or *something* to bust up this universe of ours into giving us quantum cheat codes.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Dumb me thought QE was running printing presses non stop to pump paper money into the economy.

• 2Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I've seen this movie I think.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
" researchers report achieving room-temperature superconductivity in a compound containing hydrogen, sulfur, and carbon at temperatures as high as 58 °F (13.3 °C, or 287.7 K)...[with pressure] at roughly two and a half million times greater than that of the air we breathe."

Thats going to be tough to live in.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
" researchers report achieving room-temperature superconductivity in a compound containing hydrogen, sulfur, and carbon at temperatures as high as 58 °F (13.3 °C, or 287.7 K)...[with pressure] at roughly two and a half million times greater than that of the air we breathe."

How does one even generate air pressure 2.5 million times greater than what we breathe?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Hell I thought my graphics card fans were loud right now.

• 1Worf