Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Edit: Who's the black one btw? The dead (or mostly dead) old white dudes I know... but you're telling me there are colored sciencetists? Your tale gets stranger and stranger.
Ayaan Hirsi Ali

She really shouldn't be on there and, originally, wasn't. She got added to the meme at some point, presumably to balance out the "white and male" thing, while ignoring the fact that those guys were all famous scientists and she is a politician and has never done any science.

Add a real female scientists.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/27/sc...3NViL5R7dO48aA

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...tml?c=y&page=2

Or Madame Curie, which would be fairer if you were going for "should be well known."

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Thisis a bitch who deserves to be well known:http://www.badassoftheweek.com/lamaupin.html

Julie D'Aubigny was a 17th-century bisexual French opera singer and fencing master who killed or wounded at least ten men in life-or-death duels, performed nightly shows on the biggest and most highly-respected opera stage in the world, and once took the Holy Orders just so that she could sneak into a convent and bang a nun. If nothing in that sentence at least marginally interests you, I have no idea why you're visiting this website.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think she's there because she's anti Islam, actually.

Like against female genital mutilation and shit like that.

Fuck I don't know.

I just googled the meme and put up the first image that came up. The point was gotten across.

Rosalind Franklin should be on there, if anyone.

Read Watson's The Double Helix, Watson and Crick treated that woman like a dog, by their own admission, yet it was her discovery that enabled them to make theirs.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I think she's there because she's anti Islam, actually.

Like against female genital mutilation and shit like that.

Fuck I don't know.

I just googled the meme and put up the first image that came up. The point was gotten across.

Rosalind Franklin should be on there, if anyone.

Read Watson's The Double Helix, Watson and Crick treated that woman like a dog, by their own admission, yet it was her discovery that enabled them to make theirs.
That isn't really exceptional. There are at least half a dozen women who should have won Nobel prizes who had their work stolen by male scientists who took all the credit. I say "at least" because you just never know how many times it happened where the story never came to light. Lisa Meitner, Madame Chien-Shiung Wu, and Jocelyn Bell are easily on that list. And that restricts you to discoveries so exceptional a Nobel was involved, I shudder to think of the number thefts of original work that weren't Nobel prize winning.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
@Vvoid- After Lumies invasion of the lizard people not panning out, I think its fairly obvious that nutty fuckers like that cannot be educated.

@Hodj- Is that article about geometric constructs being used to represent calculations in particle physics you linked a few pages back on the level? If so, mind blown. I honestly did not think we would get close to solving the role of Gravity among the four fundamental forces in my lifetime, but if this pans out as a serious mathematical advance, we might actually get there.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
@Hodj- Is that article about geometric constructs being used to represent calculations in particle physics you linked a few pages back on the level? If so, mind blown. I honestly did not think we would get close to solving the role of Gravity among the four fundamental forces in my lifetime, but if this pans out as a serious mathematical advance, we might actually get there.
Seems to be pretty good. I mean its just a proposed concept and I don't know much about physics (haven't taken it yet) so I can't say for certain, but when I read it I just thought it was so goddamn interesting it was worth posting.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Guys relax, let me settle this for all of you. I am in the very high skill bracket (top 1-3%) of DotA 2 players. Given that DotA 2 is the harder and more skill intensive game, this gives me superior logic and reasoning skills when compared to Lumi. I have weighed the evidence and concluded that that Lumi is in fact wrong about the subject at hand. Furthermore I have found that Lumi has been wrong about everything, and always will be. Henceforth all questions regarding magnets shall be directed to myself, until an even more godlike DotA 2 player wishes to take the mantle.
You're welcome.
Lumie, what are your thoughts on this? Sure sounds like this guy is the superior game scientist to you.

iannis

Musty Nester
If you switch to my idea, which we discussed earlier regarding Sundries and one certain Miss Day, I can guarantee a 66.666666666% increase.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
All right guys the flouride shit was good but let's cut out the non-science discussion. Lumie if you'd like to inform us about what you know with Flouride please use the conspiracy thread on it.