Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
how can you be so obtuse?
rrr_img_68110.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Insurance isn't just for people running into you. You also have it for storm/weather issues, nature issues, theft and vandalism and things like a squirrel shitting on a sensor and making the car explode.
Not to mention the wacko who will reprogram their car to run down horny women and alpha males due to being a virgin.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You'll also need insurance for people trying to knock off the lidar on top of you car!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A recent quote said they aren't planning on mass producing those vehicles and sell them to consumers.
I'm dubious about everything Google does these days. I mean, not in a tin-foil-hat sort of way, but some of the stuff they undertake is a bit... quizzical. I mean, they basically enable the modern world to function, are putting tons of money into advanced robotics, are slowly buying up new business segments and infrastructure projects and blow money on vanity projects while masquerading as altruistic (well, as altruistic you can get for a for-profit company) innovators.

There's a catch somewhere. And if not, there will be when some non-benevolent CEO takes over in some years and we start having to pay access fees for the GoogleNet and things slowly slide down hill.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
My friend went to work for Google and his job description was literally to think up ways to use technology to make the world better. They have a whole dept for it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm dubious about everything Google does these days. I mean, not in a tin-foil-hat sort of way, but some of the stuff they undertake is a bit... quizzical. I mean, they basically enable the modern world to function, are putting tons of money into advanced robotics, are slowly buying up new business segments and infrastructure projects and blow money on vanity projects while masquerading as altruistic (well, as altruistic you can get for a for-profit company) innovators.

There's a catch somewhere. And if not, there will be when some non-benevolent CEO takes over in some years and we start having to pay access fees for the GoogleNet and things slowly slide down hill.
You can add the odd share restructuring to this making it that share holders won't be able to stop the founders from doing whatever they want.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Good does awesome stuff in the Bay Area. They're going to roll out free public WiFi in all the SF parks (it's already available in some areas). It's badass.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Good does awesome stuff in the Bay Area. They're going to roll out free public WiFi in all the SF parks (it's already available in some areas). It's badass.
Ain't nothin' free...

The dues will come, eventually. Even if it's as simple as Google knowing every piece of information about you because they license the technology to control refrigerators with RFID inventory systems, know your shopping habits at all major retail outlets, know what type of music you listen too, etc.

NSA, bah, amateurs. Google is doing just fine with willful participants.

iannis

Musty Nester
The day will come when we realize that Soylent Google is made of people.

And on that day we will demand better upload capacity.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I welcome google overlords. You should, too. They're a massive net force of good. So far they are one of the most benevolent companies that has ever existed.

That may change someday, but until we're all forced to enter the church of Google every Sunday to worship and sacrifice our youngest daughters, you should welcome them too.

Fadaar

That guy
Ain't nothin' free...

The dues will come, eventually. Even if it's as simple as Google knowing every piece of information about you because they license the technology to control refrigerators with RFID inventory systems, know your shopping habits at all major retail outlets, know what type of music you listen too, etc.

NSA, bah, amateurs. Google is doing just fine with willful participants.
Watchdogs IRL

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Flash forward 70 years. The corporate congress and Alec Sadler will be ruling us all!