Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Pants_sl

shitlord
Just fyi, this thread is currently one of the douchiest on the whole forum. If you argue with furry, not only are you the reason a god damn science thread is one of the worst on the forum, but furry is actually smarter than you because he's arguing with a presumably rational person (you) while you are arguing with a lunatic (him). Ignore him. That's what we did with astrocreep and he doesnt bother anyone anymore

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What's truly sad, Is I will present science and math to support my view, and they just cower and go "HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THE MATHS". Lets look at the example of the formula used to relativistically predict the precession of mercury's perehilion:

ds^2 = -e^(2A(r))dT^2 + e^(2B(r))dR^2 + r^(2)d?^(2)

Now the points I've been arguing: Where is the speed of gravity limited in this formula? (It's not) Is there gravitational decay in this formula due to the radiation that results from changes in the field of gravity being limited to the speed of light? (Nope again)

The most obvious limitation of this formula is that it limits the sun and mercury to being a sphere mathematically, which they obviously are not. The less obvious limitation and deviation from reality is that neither gravitational field rotates, which is also against observed factual reality, not to mention that its limited to two planes and the sun isn't moving, also not like reality. That's not to say this math is bad, or that the results aren't useful, but one has to understand why math is flawed- our lack of information or the limitations that humans put on it can often screw the results and lead to errors. Someone with an understanding of why these errors happen can account for them logically and strive to improve their formula- but eventually we hit points where we scientifically have to say 'close enough'

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
How bad a doctor do you have to be where screwing up a circumcision ends up with a penilectomy?
The boy was left with just 1cm of his original penis.

Doctors say South Africa has some of the greatest need for penis transplants anywhere in the world.

Dozens, although some say hundreds, of boys are maimed or die each year during traditional initiation ceremonies.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'd sooner let one of the jewish rabbis chew off my kids foreskin than go through some african tribal cut party.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Those nanobots from 'The X-Files' are now a real thing - The Washington Post

On January 17, 1999, sci-fi fans tuning into their beloved "X-Files" were treated to a terrifying technological nightmare. At the beginning of the episode, Assistant Director of the FBI Walter Skinner becomes mysteriously ill. Black veins slowly spread across his body. The malady, it turns out, are microscopic machines in his blood.

"What the hell are they?" wonders his doctor. The answer: nanobots.

Sixteen years later, nanobots like the ones on "The X-Files" are now a real thing. And although the microscopic critters are still a bit creepy, scientists say the technology could have a hugely positive impact.

"The applications of this are just immense," said Vikas Berry, an engineer at the University of Illinois at Chicago who led the nanobot experiment. "You can use this in food storage or outer space research."

How, exactly, Berry and a team of six other scientists created the nanobots is complicated. But the basic building blocks are incredibly simple: bacteria and carbon.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/1503.../srep09138.pdf

iannis

Musty Nester
Those nanobots from ??~The X-Files??T are now a real thing - The Washington Post

On January 17, 1999, sci-fi fans tuning into their beloved "X-Files" were treated to a terrifying technological nightmare. At the beginning of the episode, Assistant Director of the FBI Walter Skinner becomes mysteriously ill. Black veins slowly spread across his body. The malady, it turns out, are microscopic machines in his blood.

"What the hell are they?" wonders his doctor. The answer: nanobots.

Sixteen years later, nanobots like the ones on "The X-Files" are now a real thing. And although the microscopic critters are still a bit creepy, scientists say the technology could have a hugely positive impact.

"The applications of this are just immense," said Vikas Berry, an engineer at the University of Illinois at Chicago who led the nanobot experiment. "You can use this in food storage or outer space research."

How, exactly, Berry and a team of six other scientists created the nanobots is complicated. But the basic building blocks are incredibly simple: bacteria and carbon.

http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/1503.../srep09138.pdf
That's really interesting, and I'm gonna read the whole thing later. What I've got so far is that they're dotting the membrane with a conductive preassembled structure. My first, and I think the most obvious question is, how does this interfere with the regular electrical balances of the membrane. Because, being ignorant, it occurs to me that they could treat and possibly even cure nerve paralysis with something like this. Or, it seems like, you could make a pacemaker without needing a battery or even a macroscopic structure. But I do know a little something about the cellular process, and those electrical potentials are very very important to proper function. And the second most obvious question: what about rejection and immune response?

But those are probably either addressed a little further down, or totally beyond the scope of the current research.