Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This is why i dont believed that haeking is really handicapped. This post is vidence he can suck his own dick.
He has absolutely no business living to see these predictions come true and should have died 30 years ago. If I were him i'd be rubbing this in every Furry-esque hater's face one ear twitch at a time

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I didn't really read it that way. He said they predicted the existence of gravity waves. This technology to confirm it has been long awaited. If Einstein were still alive he'd be saying the same thing, thank you technology for confirming this wild shit we theorized way back when.
Yeah i agree 100%. I jst wanted to ride the low road into a cripple joke.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I accept science for what it is. I claimed before this was not proven, which was true. Now that there is some observational evidence, I will consider it likely. As with all new theories posted here, I will wait till the experiment is reproduced and verified at another site, to eliminate possible systematic errors *(Such as in the case of neutrinos breaking the speed of light) before considering it fully observationally verified. Since the cite in italy is comparable and capable of verifying this one, all we need do is wait.

My stance is exactly where it started, that observational data is king. You clowns feel free to speculate outside of science, I won't.

Edit, let me add additionally that the experiment in question is sound. If they didn't mess up severely, they did discover something. This is a very different beast from the attempts to obscure loopholes in quantum mechanics that I find so scientifically objectionable.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
If there wasn't any speculation in the theoretical field how would the practical guys know what to look for?

TheWoodenHorse

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone with more smrts than me explain if this relates or doesn't to a physical observance of the actual fabric between dimensional time/space.

ie. were these waves a rippling of the "fabric" between 3rd and 4th dimensions?

Further, if gravity was what caused these, let's get going on universal gravity manipulators!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I accept science for what it is. I claimed before this was not proven, which was true. Now that there is some observational evidence, I will consider it likely. As with all new theories posted here, I will wait till the experiment is reproduced and verified at another site, to eliminate possible systematic errors *(Such as in the case of neutrinos breaking the speed of light) before considering it fully observationally verified. Since the cite in italy is comparable and capable of verifying this one, all we need do is wait.

My stance is exactly where it started, that observational data is king. You clowns feel free to speculate outside of science, I won't.

Edit, let me add additionally that the experiment in question is sound. If they didn't mess up severely, they did discover something. This is a very different beast from the attempts to obscure loopholes in quantum mechanics that I find so scientifically objectionable.
You've been vocal in your belief that gravity propagates instantly and not at the speed of light, which this directly contradicts. So let's not play the "I'm just being a responsible scientist" card when a ridiculous belief of yours is so soundly disproven.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Wooden, essentially, from what I understand, yes. Meant to bring it up earlier, but time is at a premium for me right now.

Which brings me to something I did want to discuss, is the implication that space time can not exceed c? I remember reading years ago there was a thought that actual gravity was instant, maybe that only applies after the curve of space time has occurred?

On Phone, so shit is not exactly stated how I would like, but should be clear enough.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You've been vocal in your belief that gravity propagates instantly and not at the speed of light, which this directly contradicts. So let's not play the "I'm just being a responsible scientist" card when a ridiculous belief of yours is so soundly disproven.
The effect of gravity still occurs at infinite speed in relativity, the only thing limited by the speed of light is essentially the propagation of changes in the field. Gravity itself being entirely limited by the speed of light is absurd and doesn't work at all on even the most basic scientific level.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
You've been vocal in your belief that gravity propagates instantly and not at the speed of light, which this directly contradicts.
Does this not show that changes in space time propagate at c, not gravity itself? Kind of splitting hairs?

Makes for some interesting thoughts regarding Hubble constant, changes in space time, neutrinos etc.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if the distance from the object has anything to do with the speed of the wave. Any thoughts?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Does this not show that changes in space time propagate at c, not gravity itself? Kind of splitting hairs?

Makes for some interesting thoughts regarding Hubble constant, changes in space time, neutrinos etc.
Yes, it's splitting hairs. That's the whole "propagation of gravity" vs just the speed of gravity. Gravity itself isn't really force, so attaching a speed to it doesn't really make sense. However, it can't affect anything faster than c.

However, it is this propagation that Furry has denied being limited by c which he now has apparently accepted.

Distance also shouldn't have any effect on its speed

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Distance also shouldn't have any effect on its speed
How do you reconcile that with inflation / dark energy?

(Speed was the wrong word, time elapsed during transit time from A to B and A to B to C, relative speed maybe? Still on phone, so don't hamstring me to hard with technicalities.)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How do you reconcile that with inflation / dark energy?

(Speed was the wrong word, time elapsed during transit time from A to B and A to B to C, relative speed maybe? Still on phone, so don't hamstring me to hard with technicalities.)
Not sure I understand what you're asking. Are you wondering how could it be that gravity can't propagate faster than c when the universe expands faster than c?