Science!! Fucking magnets, how do they work?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Interesting article. It has pissed me off that a large part of the antibiotic resistance we are now facing is in large part due to overusage of them in livestock meat production. If throwing some plant oils into their feed nets the same or similar effect, then I hope that reduces the dependence on traditional antibiotics in that sector.

Essential Oils Might Be the New Antibiotics - The Atlantic

That is pretty interesting. Does this mean I have to be more respectful to all the hippies trying to sell that shit on Facebook because they're caught up in a MLM scheme?

For the record though, the antibiotics that are most commonly used for growth promotion are ionophores, which are not used in human medicine, do not contribute to resistant bacteria, and also reduce methane emissions. The ones that are considered medically important, (tetracycline, sulfamethazine and neomycin), are more commonly used to prevent disease and now require a "veterinary feed directive", basically a prescription from a veterinarian to be sold. There are people who have used these for growth promotion, but it's become much less common in recent years since the concern about resistance came up. Farmers need antibiotics and have more to lose if they stop working than your average person so I don't appreciate the implication from various areas that we don't care about this.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
That is pretty interesting. Does this mean I have to be more respectful to all the hippies trying to sell that shit on Facebook because they're caught up in a MLM scheme?
And what about crystal healing? We can still shit on that right?

• 3Like

Cybsled

The interesting aspect is certain oils taken with antibiotics removed the resistance to the antibiotic. That could be a game changer if you could confirm human applications.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
And what about crystal healing? We can still shit on that right?

As long as you drink large quantities of red bull and coffee in less than an hour so you get your inner vibration attuned to the Crystal's your using.
Lemme go hold my sapphire and moss agate up to my heart and anus to stimulate my chakras. I'll report back when something happens.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
ice caps are melting!
Maybe the spies have finally gotten the footage of Russian Ursine Cavalry training grounds.
Love the guy at the end walking not giving any fucks while the bear looks at him all hungry like and the video cuts out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder what the peeps at Neuralink think about this.

Discovering a new form of communication in the brain

The dynamics of gate variable q for IKDR in dendrite is described by
tjp13271-math-0033.png
(3)
with the variable rate functions
tjp13271-math-0034.png
(4)

The extracellular potential at two compartments of the target Cell(k,l) is given by the following:
tjp13271-math-0044.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Teen builds working nuclear fusion reactor in Memphis home

The Memphis teen finished his reactor and achieved fusion at the age of 13. He’s regarded by experts as the youngest in America – maybe even the world – to accomplish it. Jackson built a steel machine made up of vacuums, pumps and chambers that is capable of smashing atoms together through force in a smoking hot plasma center that releases a burst of fusion energy. If you’ve ever wondered how the sun and other stars are powered, the process within Jackson’s nuclear fusion reactor is comparable.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Teen builds working nuclear fusion reactor in Memphis home

The Memphis teen finished his reactor and achieved fusion at the age of 13. He’s regarded by experts as the youngest in America – maybe even the world – to accomplish it. Jackson built a steel machine made up of vacuums, pumps and chambers that is capable of smashing atoms together through force in a smoking hot plasma center that releases a burst of fusion energy. If you’ve ever wondered how the sun and other stars are powered, the process within Jackson’s nuclear fusion reactor is comparable.
Not as cool as this bad boy.

ahmed-mohamed-clock.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob

• 3Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
‘Plastic-eating’ bacteria found in Zambales | Philstar.com
MANILA, Philippines — Microorganisms capable of “eating” plastic have been discovered in a hyperalkaline spring in Zambales, paving the way for research on new approaches to dealing with the country’s growing plastic problem.

Researchers from the biology department of the University of the Philippines-Baguio have discovered four strains of bacteria that are capable of biodegrading low-density polyethylene (LDPE), which is commonly used for plastic bags, cling wrap, shampoo bottles and other containers.
After consuming the plastic, the bacteria produced byproducts that are environment friendly, according to the researchers.

There's hope for the trash problem.

• 3Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Great, it gets loose and eats all the plastic on the planet lol.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf