Scottish Independence

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yup.....talent
radiohead1.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Sorry bros, but some good groundbreaking shit came out of England. shit like the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath. shit that changed music forever. Not saying the Us didnt have their groundbreaking music as well, but England is fucking tops of the Music food chain as far as im concerned.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
What are you guys even arguing? England has plenty of great musicians. Plenty of artists come to the US because it's a bigger market, talented or no. Chris is an idiot.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yeah, was gonna say, England has a ton of talent, but they dont endure for as long as the Beatles, the Stones or Pink Floyd unless they ALSO make it big in the US. case in point, Slade. those guys should be right up there with the greats but because they just never caught on over here, they broke up and went into obscurity.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
yeah, was gonna say, England has a ton of talent, but they dont endure for as long as the Beatles, the Stones or Pink Floyd unless they ALSO make it big in the US. case in point, Slade. those guys should be right up there with the greats but because they just never caught on over here, they broke up and went into obscurity.
How could you forget The Who?

But yeah, The Rolling Stones, greatest fucking rock band ever imo. Both countries have huge contributions, but England gave us so much, including Top of the Pops which ran from like 1960-2004

England's never gonna give Scotland up.
+1

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Rolling Stones are garbage. The Who are amazing.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No love for Iron Maiden?!

What about Madness? Love me some horns.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ozzy/Black Sabbath too

Iron Maiden, meh. But Symphony of Destruction owned. Which I should edit out as I realize that's fucking Anthrax.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Symphony of Destruction is Megadeth. Also not British.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jimi Hendrix didn't have any talent at all, folks. Chris hit the nail right on the head. That crap guitar hack had to move to UK to get famous.
Pretty sure that Jimi Hendrix is famous in the UK and isn't a comedian, I'm not generalising every last person on earth either. John Oliver isn't famous in the UK and isn't a very good comedian.

"Cracking America" is a thing here which is notoriously hard to do, if you manage it and nobody knows who the fuck you are in your home country... something is wrong - I'm going for someone needing an accent to read the script - nobody gives a shit about his accent here.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
"Cracking America" is a thing here which is notoriously hard to do, if you manage it and nobody knows who the fuck you are in your home country... something is wrong - I'm going for someone needing an accent to read the script - nobody gives a shit about his accent here.
Again, this is a stupid fucking theory. Let's just say someone moved to another country, then start their attempt at stardom. Does that still fall under your "something is wrong" theory? What if you never even attempted to be famous in your home country?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Again, this is a stupid fucking theory. Let's just say someone moved to another country, then start their attempt at stardom. Does that still fall under your "something is wrong" theory? What if you never even attempted to be famous in your home country?
Obviously that isn't what I'm talking about lol.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hard to argue English superiority when you people apparently don't even have exit polling. Manufactured 24/7 news cycle or GTFO.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Well I just hit up the wikipedia page for John Oliver and apparently he got the gig on the recommendation of Ricky Gervais so I guess someone knew who the fuck he was in the UK and my bet is that someone knows a little more about comedy than Chris.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He was on the daily when they were banned in UK because it is a backwards ass country. So it would not surprise me if more people in the UK didn't know who he was. He is funny though.