Screamfeeder's Joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yes, clearly the argument is that all violence ever was right wing. Huh?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, clearly the argument is that all violence ever was right wing. Huh?

No, it's an observation about what political violence is.

Once a person attacks another person aren't they becoming totalitarian in nature and thus, right wing?

I mean take for example right, I have no clue if this is a true statement but:

"Left wingers support safe spaces"

Well safe spaces are shifting to basically be synonymous with a form of segregation, so wouldn't that mean that people who support safe spaces for minority groups are right wingers?

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Then, based on statements you made and others, I am generally lead to believe that nearly ANY violent action a person takes can be classified as "Right Wing" no matter if their goal was to progress left wing ideology. Once it progresses into the form of action it changes the ideology.
How so? I never framed it that way at all. if you would like to quote which statements excatly that say this, that would be great. Instead it sounds like you are just inferring things from stuff no one said or even hinted at.

I simply said that you and I are more likely to die via Right Wing violence vs Left Wing violence.

• 1Salty

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I simply said that you and I are more likely to die via Right Wing violence vs Left Wing violence.

That's kinda my implication though, any violence can be classified as Right based on the classification that you gave earlier that I quoted, the stuff about religion and what not.

Heck, you could classify the baseball game shooter as right wing extremist even though he was a life long democrat.

The conditions being that he is using totalitarian methods in order to accomplish his goals.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Uhhh...no it can't.

If a person holds beliefs, no matter how "Left Wing" they are, the instant they transfer those beliefs into action that forces or attempts to force others into a position of acceptance, they become Totalitarian.

I Would argue that because they transfer belief into physical force AT ALL means that they were ALWAYS totalitarian but kept that ideology internal / non-physical.

And I NEVER said anything close to that.

You gave a list that includes religion and political ideologies, one of which was totalitarianism.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Islam is where that falls apart. It's a conservative, right wing ideology, especially the extremists, but it is not something associated with Republicans at all.

political islam is fused with all sorts of leftist ideology because of it's anti colonialism sentiment it picked up from the aftermath of ww1

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
political islam is fused with all sorts of leftist ideology because of it's anti colonialism sentiment it picked up from the aftermath of ww1

It's one thing to have an anti-colonial sentiment when you're in a colonizer country (it's fair to associate that with the left) but a pretty different thing when you're in the colonized country. I don't think you can so easily lump that in.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What I've been getting at since we started talking about defining "Right Wing" is that if "Christianity" is listed as being right wing then nearly EVERY religion would be considered as right wing aside from some that I may not know about.

Given that Islam, Judiasm and christianity all teach ROUGHLY the same thing with variations on how harshly to apply their teachings and we are judging "Right Wing" status with Christianity being the litmus test, I don't see how ALL religions aren't clasified as "Right Wing".

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You gave a list that includes religion and political ideologies, one of which was totalitarianism.
Did I by chance give two different versions of totalitarianism for exactly the reasons to forestall you pulling this argument?

Go back and check.

• 1Salty

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Did I by chance give two different versions of totalitarianism for exactly the reasons to forestall you pulling this argument?

Go back and check.

Combining 2 things does not make it a thing.

You have Totalitarianism and you have Fascism.

If I google "Totalitarian Fascism" there is literally nothing aside from places comparing Totalitarian and Fascism and various other comparisons.

So, unless this is a new thing that someone has come up with, I don't know what you are talking about.

Is this a case of "pure" government perhaps?

• 1Like

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sometimes i like to consider, if only for a second, that the person i'm arguing against is right.

• 1Salty

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Sometimes i like to consider, if only for a second, that the person i'm arguing against is right.

Finally said someone says it, thank you, I agree completely.

Screamfeeder is right, right wing.

• 1Worf

Pops

Nope. I'm going to wait for a few Documentaries to come out and THEN I'll give you some video. Either way, your Daddy has cost the American tax payer more via his golf than the Clinton impeachment and Obama golf ever did.

It's going to be a loooooooooong 6 months.
How's that pea food taste?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Nope. Instead I am going to just state that you paid more money for Trump to play golf than you did for Obama to play golf and let you run with that.

giphy.gif

God its satisfying getting you to back down twice in one week. You seriously do need to stop drinking again though, you're getting sloppy. What's got you down? More Ministry of Truth censorship over your latest project?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Hey @Amod.

Can I get an IP check on user khorum khorum ?

I have a suspicion he shares an IP with another user and I just want us all to be aware of who might be giving negative feedback on posts while not replying to content.
What negative feedback? I've only given unfavorable feedback to retarded posts.

Can you specify which posts were unfairly regarded in this manner?

• 1Picard

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
I seem to get certain 'negative' reactions and replies almost instantaneously when I post so I want to make sure that his IP doesn't match my own.

I think I might be salting my own posts.

This is for my own mental health.

#seriousrequest

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.